Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion > VMK Ideas and Suggestions

VMK Ideas and Suggestions VMK Ideas and Suggestions - Discussions about your ideas for VMK

Old Insert name into chat

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:34 PM
R.I.P. Strajo

Greenway is as Frosty as a Snowman
Insert name into chat

I don't know if you are like me, but I have a difficult time typing other charater's titles when I am trying to chat in game. So I thought, maybe VMK could add a button to the player information window to add the character's name into the chat bar. It might look something like this:

Then as I was thinking about it, I thought that a similar button on an item info panel might be useful as well. Why? Because you can't say the name of some items because they aren't in the dictionary. Maybe they could allow us the say Disney Cruise Travel Chest Red if it were inserted by this button. VMK would have to make it so that you couldn't edit the words individually but that is probably possible.

What do you think?

Alice for the fair trade that got me my Teleportation Magic and for getting me hooked up to the fan site river ride network (Priz too )
Shiregirl and skippyskippy for fun forum games with great prizes.
The two anonymous friends that gave me VMK Christmas presents. I'd love to know who you are! (I now know who one of you is!)

Last edited by Greenway; 04-07-2008 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Change last sentence to question
Old 04-07-2008, 07:41 PM
VMK's true DJ! :D Remix!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Tris-Remix is as Frosty as a Snowman
I think that would be really good, especially if they dont have a nickname and some items are hard to explain. i think vmk should use it
Old 04-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Put a smile on your face♥

Ladyprincess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Sounds good (: That would be really helpful.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:59 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Let's say you are in another player's guest room. You can't click on the furniture in order for that to pop up, what do you do?

Also, it might be annoying to search a person in a room to click that button. I just find it to be a hassle.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:09 PM
R.I.P. Strajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
Let's say you are in another player's guest room. You can't click on the furniture in order for that to pop up, what do you do?

Also, it might be annoying to search a person in a room to click that button. I just find it to be a hassle.
On the first comment, you are right, it may have limited usefulness, but someone running a trade room could put their furnishings as moveable and voila you can use the control. Maybe VMK could add a room control that makes furninshing info available to guests. Might be getting to complicated at this point, but there are times when trying to identify a specific item is difficult.

As for the second comment, I was thinking of someone running a game room where the contestants are new to them. They don't know preferred short titles but they know specifically which character they want to address their comment to. I thought the button would be useful in that situation. I agree that the control would not be useful for chatting with friends that you know well.

Alice for the fair trade that got me my Teleportation Magic and for getting me hooked up to the fan site river ride network (Priz too )
The two anonymous friends that gave me VMK Christmas presents. I'd love to know who you are! (I now know who one of you is!)
Old 04-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
I like the idea, but this wouldn't be too helpful in my game, Stitch's Title that Object!
Here, players have to say the full name of an item I put out on the crates. It would just be too easy! Still, great thinking for the players title one.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I like that idea send it in! but the friends button should be above it.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:08 PM
R.I.P. Strajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomered View Post
I like that idea send it in! but the friends button should be above it.
Yeah, you're right it would go better below the friends button.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Confused. </3
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Lonely
Pjgirl4ever is spinning in a Cursed Storm
that sounds pretty cool..