Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Conflicted.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:02 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Conflicted.

So, as a fair amount of you probably know, I was a huge supporter of the Save VMK movement for the past year or so, and to this day, I am still supportive of any attempts to have our voices heard.

Lately though, I'm just... I dunno. I'm not really feeling it anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's important for kids and adults alike to realize that they can have their voices heard no matter what if they just take the time to stop and think how, but...

Honestly, I'm starting to question whether it's possible to recover from our current situation. Not because I don't believe Disney will refuse to listen, but because, well... Just look at it. The Save VMK movement is at a total standstill right now. Whoever's still shouting have shouted themselves hoarse to the point where there's nothing new to say (Me included), and our forces have dwindled to nothing more than a whisper amongst a sea of noise.

There's another VMK fansite I'm sure I've mentioned more than once, where they have the most active members around, but none of them seem to have any interest in VMK anymore, and many of them even actively shun those that try to bring it back. I took a quick visit to their Closure-related subforum today out of curiosity, and there was a single new thread trying to rally people together for just one more email blast. And, while those that would discourage him were far less vicious than what I remember (Even they don't care much, I suppose...)... It was clear that it wouldn't get far. I wanted to post up there as well that I thought this, because nobody there clearly WANTS VMK back, and those elsewhere that do seem to have nothing to say anymore. But... I didn't really have the heart for that. How could I? I'd only be helping to crush his hopes, no?

I ended up leaving that thread without saying a thing.

What happened? We were so loud before. We even made it on a bunch of newspapers and local news programs, and almost scored a spot on CNN once. But now there's not even echoes bouncing around here anymore.

I don't know. I feel bad. I'm still supportive of this, and I still think that it's theoretically within our reach. But, that's just it. Only theoretical. My optimism is finally starting to slip, and even I'm not shouting much anymore.

I've been told that I've been somewhat of an inspiration to fellow Save VMK'ers in the past. I think it may be time I must hope someone will return the favor.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:01 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
You've definitely been an inspiration to me and I'm sure many of the other former Save VMK'ers. We did rally hard and our shouts were actually heard from those with bigger podiums. The fact that we were heard really affected my life; not only did I learn how to form my own opinions and defend them, but I learned the power of opinion, the power of freedom of speech, and the power of standing up for what you believe in. The experiences I had with the movement will surely stay with me and I'll never deny the success that came with the failure, the success of just being heard and learning that your single voice really does matter.

The problem with the Save VMK movement is that while the magic of VMK still exists deep inside of most of us, the fire is gone. The passion is gone. While a majority of former Save VMK'ers still dwell on the game while they look through their old screenshots, still remember some of the game's elements as they visit the Parks, still long to enter the virtual gates on a lazy summer day, they just don't have that vehemence that would be required to eventually bring VMK back. It's really just complacency; they're fine with the way things are and don't feel like changing it.

Personally, I would be in favor of restarting the movement, as, like you've observed, there are others out there who would do the same. It's just too difficult to motivate people who almost prefer VMK as a memory over a reality.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 07-12-2009, 04:32 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Eh.. I think Soccer said everything I wanted to.. xD
- ace
Old 07-12-2009, 04:49 AM
Hello, Love ★
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

My Mood: AFK
Thriller is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefredfred View Post
Eh.. I think Soccer said everything I wanted to.. xD
- ace
Yeah... there is no point in repeating it LOL.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:59 AM
Is Brave really Brave?
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
bravejacob is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Battle plan

If we all go silent for a while Disney will think we have given up, right? So if we all agree to a date say august 21st where we send emails, call and protest Disney for 7 days non-stop maybe Disney would listen. but We would need any one with media connections or a loudmouth. we would also have every one post it on social networking sites and spread the news around. BECAUSE DISNEY HAS NOT HEARD THE LAST OF US!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:13 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravejacob View Post
If we all go silent for a while Disney will think we have given up, right? So if we all agree to a date say august 21st where we send emails, call and protest Disney for 7 days non-stop maybe Disney would listen. but We would need any one with media connections or a loudmouth. we would also have every one post it on social networking sites and spread the news around. BECAUSE DISNEY HAS NOT HEARD THE LAST OF US!!!
Oh oh, me me, I have a big mouth!!! August 21 - 28?
Old 07-13-2009, 03:44 AM
Is Brave really Brave?
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
yes................
Old 07-13-2009, 03:47 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Sweet, I'm in.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:56 AM
Is Brave really Brave?
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:11 PM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 13

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
Yeah. Let's just lay low for a little while and then... BAM!
Old 07-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Is Brave really Brave?
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Yep thats the plan! but we need more than 2 ppl to help
Old 07-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I can plan this if we can get many more to be a bigger loudspeaker. I am in.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Is Brave really Brave?
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
ok next we need some mod that has access to the main page to come by and agree on our plan so we can tell every one on the forums