Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Project VMK

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Is Brave really Brave?
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: AFK
bravejacob is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Project VMK

What would happen if every one who played VMK (the millions of them) were to boycott anything that Disney was apart of such as not going to Disney world/land or not paying to play any of there games etc. for a whole year? They would loose so much money and would have to listen to us. We could also send empty envelopes with something like "this envolpe repersents 1 child/teens that has gotten into something bad or something because there internet life was "killed"
Old 04-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Wouldn't work.
For a start, I highly doubt anyone could face to boycott Disney.

VMK Closed - it's been a year and we've all grown up.. I still love Disney as much as I did before, if not more.

If you were to boycott Disney, that means no watching Disney Channel, no visiting the Disney store, no trips to WDW / DLR, not watching any Disney movies.

I couldn't bring myself to do it, and I'd find it next to impossible.

The empty envolope thing is strange too, it wouldn't make it past the Disney postman!
Old 04-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Is Brave really Brave?
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
i could do it and yes the postman would be like what?
Old 04-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
There's a lot more people who go to Disneyland who don't even play the online games. Besides, Disneyland is too awesome.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I think it is wonderful you want to work so hard to fight for something you beleive in, and if you succeed more power to you. Although, some fans of vmk may not be as willing to go that far. I have noticed that many vmk players were raised around Disney and it would be hard for them to give it up. You can go through with your plan, but if you are trying to convince others to help maybe start a bit smaller. Good luck and I can't wait to hear how everything turns out.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:21 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravejacob View Post
What would happen if every one who played VMK (the millions of them) were to boycott anything that Disney was apart of such as not going to Disney world/land or not paying to play any of there games etc. for a whole year? They would loose so much money and would have to listen to us. We could also send empty envelopes with something like "this envolpe repersents 1 child/teens that has gotten into something bad or something because there internet life was "killed"
Bad idea. Especially the boycott thing.

Something you want to keep in mind is that there aren't enough people who used to play VMK, let alone those still devoted to keep it back, to hurt Disney at all through a boycott. You do it, it'll go by completely unnoticed.

Hostility is not an option here. Remember that Disney is a corporation, and any corporation's goal and legal obligation is to make money. More likely than not, the reason VMK shut down is because it cost more to maintain it than it brought in.

I like the idea of the letters, but I would suggest that, instead of something that they'll pass off as a bunch of kids whining about Disney taking away their favorite toy, voice instead how much you loved the game, how much you're sure there are many others who would have loved it, and how you are disappointed (NOT ANGRY!) that the way they handled VMK did not reach out to those people, even though it easily could have.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:34 AM
HEY YOU GUYS!!!1!!
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Golden Years Award Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
Spottedleaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm

I agree with LordIllidan.

And, if you boycott Disney, they could be angry,
or, you could make them lose money, and then they wouldn't be able to bring back VMK because they could not have enough money to make VMK.
Sorry, this is a bad idea.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN! ....Too early.
(My accounts on the other sister sites)
|TTC|PHF|
Old 05-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I also agree with LI-
There are just too many Disney outlets for it to be successful.
I do however believe,and followed through, by NOT supporting Disney online efforts and made it known why. When I canceled my families TT subscription, I told the customer service rep why we were doing so,(the poor handling of VMK), and I also sent many letters and emails just regarding why I was canceling my membership.
I also boycott DLO by not playing/or paying for the other online games.

The best way to make a difference is to remind them that you have not forgotten an incredible game that none of the new directions have come close to becoming.
Most of my messages sent reflected this point.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:49 PM
sweetbutterfly..

My Mood: Balanced
sweetbutterfly is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I don't think that would be a pretty site..
Old 05-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Is Brave really Brave?
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
well.........um..... This is a test of your knowledge we will now resume normal programing.... beep....beep....beep
Old 05-04-2009, 11:29 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
.. mm, i could actually go for a year without doing anything disney related LOL
... i think
LOL

but yeah, it's not gonna work, agreeing with LI

Old 08-30-2009, 03:46 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 4

starwolf97 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
it does sound like a big thing but i dont think it would be possible for most disney lovers
Old 08-30-2009, 05:53 AM
VMKF NEWB
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award Design a Pin Participation's Award 

My Mood: Waffle
Spoodler is as Frosty as a Snowman
The way I look at it, it's impossible. Disney is the Nintendo of the Movie and TV world. You pick up a nice family movie, and it's most likely Disney. Disneyland and World are the most fun places to be to me and to others. I know you could do it, but some of us have, how do I say this gentally, gotten over VMK. We may want it back, but most of us didn't give up, we faced that VMK isn't life. So, you do what you want to do, and If it works,
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
more power to you.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:58 PM
.:808s And Hearbreak:.

My Mood: Awkward
Samyz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I don't think I can't line without going to the Disney Store or WDW or DL. It'll be like a nightmare to me. D:

~Samyz

Ahh, love. Tis soo young. I think...
~<3
Old 08-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 8

VMKObsessed554 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Post Waiting for VMK

Well, it's not impossible it's just pretty much every movie I watch is made by Disney. And I probably could stop going on their sites but then that would mean no Toontown. But I could live without Toontown if VMK re-opened. So I don't think this plan is impossible it's just highly possible no one will do it. And yes Disney would lose a whole bunch of money but I really like going to Disneyland. And I haven't been to WWD in a long long long time. But good plan anyway. I think if you got like people that don't like Disney stuff then it's a little bit possible it could work.

The day the world cried for VMK
I was one of those people.

--BestCookie_Crazy