Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old Pirates Online Forums/Fan Site Open for the Public

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered+

Patti is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm running the game on 512 RAM and I seem to do ok. My computer is 5 years old. I have had to retry the initialization now and then. It wasn't even sluggish until I arrived at Port Royal and received my cutlass, now things have started to slow up. I'm freezing and the game shuts down for no reason.. but that could just be the game.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:45 PM
ratcat/chescat

ratcat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
I'm running the game on 512 RAM and I seem to do ok. My computer is 5 years old. I have had to retry the initialization now and then. It wasn't even sluggish until I arrived at Port Royal and received my cutlass, now things have started to slow up. I'm freezing and the game shuts down for no reason.. but that could just be the game.
The reason you really need the 1MB Memory for the beta is all the debug running in the background. If you notice when you crash it pops up with a bug report window that contains your log files. Also if you hit either Alt+F1 or Ctrl+F1 (can't remember which), it shows info on your location, etc. My friends with the 512 RAM didn't get very far unfortunately. When the real game comes out, all that will be disabled and you should be fine with that 512 RAM according to the specs for the game.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:46 PM
The Man with the Plan

B. man is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I need help I signed up so i have questions:
Does this mean i'm signed up for the beta virsion?(If not how do I sign up?)
If so when will I get confirmation?
Old 04-16-2007, 10:01 PM
ratcat/chescat

ratcat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by B. man View Post
I need help I signed up so i have questions:
Does this mean i'm signed up for the beta virsion?(If not how do I sign up?)
If so when will I get confirmation?
First there was a Exclusive Game Beta Access! email that came out. It said to register for E3 Beta Registration click here.

When you filled that out, at some point some of the people then received the Claim Your Beta Account! email. There it gave you a Beta Account Key. You have 7 days to activate you account. Then you were activated with your Beta account.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:57 PM
The Man with the Plan

Oh........ Ok
Old 04-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Registered+

Rebel_princess23 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This is so easy but I know codes from 2007 if you want them add me
Old 04-17-2007, 01:20 AM
Happy Holidays from us!

JazzyJelly is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcat View Post
This happens if you don't have 1MB Memory (usually can't get past the character or real sluggish) or if your video card doesn't have enough memory (game won't initialize).

Bummer we had to start our characters all over on Friday.
thanks, I figured it was something like that. I am going to have hubby deal with it when he returns (he has been out of town...)
Old 04-17-2007, 04:03 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: Curmudgeon
lemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Well, i'm the first to quit the site :p
Old 04-19-2007, 02:28 PM
VMK Title is Jambi

mdck7768 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I've been playing for several day's now and my favorite bug is when I was steering my ship around all of a sudden I just ran forward and fell off the ship. My ship then disappeared and I had to teleport back to Port Royal to get back on my ship. It's been a lot of fun but don't know if I would pay to play though.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:18 PM
The Man with the Plan

Yeah I read this month's issue of a certain magazine and it had an article on POTCO.It said the basic game is free.That means there must be something more that must be paid to get but idk what it is yet
Old 04-23-2007, 02:29 AM
Registered+

My Mood: Excited
Domestcgodess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
So is anyone else having problems with doing their quests on POTCO? I have now created my 4th pirate and still cant finish the quest on Tortuga. Now my new pirate cant do any kind of quests at all. I had to buy a new ship in order to even sail. I have a brand new lap top major memory high speed for gaming and I STILL am getting DC'D all the time. Other than that I really like it. And Im a MOM. lol
Old 04-23-2007, 02:49 AM
Come to the Lazy Mermaid!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Jacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with Confetti
I can't even get past the initial cannon demo and the sinking of Bo Beck's ship. Guess my system isn't up to the challenge.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:53 AM
Miracle from Molecules
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!
You can't complete the quest on Tortuga because Chapter 3 quests are incomplete, as of now. I'm guessing they'll be complete in time for the public opening.

The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982
Happy 25th, Epcot!
DisneysOnlineWorlds | Policies and Disclaimers | Current DOW Projects
FAQ | IRC Guide | mIRC Guide
Old 04-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Happy Holidays from us!

JazzyJelly is spinning in a Cursed Storm
still not able to get in here, think we need to add more memory.

am also not able to connect with server when I get that far, not sure if that is their problem or mine.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Excited
Domestcgodess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well I had better luck last night. I finally got into tortuga, and I am almost done with the quest there. I still need to kill a few scorpions (if I can find them) so I can get their blood for my Tatoo. Of course I had to create yet ANOTHER avtar to do this. I just delete the ones that glitch or get stuck and start over. It takes about 3 hours to get to a level 3 in swords. So at least there isnt too much wasted time. I did finally figure out that you have to do things in the exact order. For example dont put anything in box two where your gun is supposed to go. If you do your gun goes poof. (at least in my experience) I was able for the first time however to switch between my short sword and my voodoo doll. I couldnt do that before. Anyway, it was much better last night.