Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > VMKF's Competitions and Contests

VMKF's Competitions and Contests Threads containing our competitions, contests, and suggestions.

Old May

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Gardez notre planete!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 1

Eeyorevf is as Frosty as a Snowman
1. I'm really going to miss all my friends, we had some great times together, and they still dealt with me even though I had a strange obsession with virtual cookies from the cookie machine in vmk ( I know it's a penny press but I don't like that name.)
I'd have to say the top hat is my favorite clothing item I had in VMK, I had it for more than two years and no I didn't buy it again when it was re- released because the original hat has the magic and memories. My third favorite would have to be designing all the rooms I made, I'm still working on my last room and I'm trying to make it really nice so I can have a good bye party.
The thing I'm glad to see go is
All the scammers and the rude people they made the game lose some magic for me.

I think vmk needs to let us pick the music in our rooms, I was tired of listening to the same music everyday I eventually turned my sound off. I wish we had more costumes I would of liked a Eeyore costume the most .
The absolute last thing I have to say about vmk is that I'm going to miss it, and I'll never
forget it and that's a promise I been playing this game since Early August 2005 and I'll play it until May 21st,2008 when the game officially closes.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:55 PM
:)
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 2

OstrichSam is floating through Inner Space
1. Three things I will miss so much will be
  • My Expedition Everest room. It was my favorite place to test out all of my new ideas for rooms. It was also my favorite place to be, whether I was afk or just hanging with a friend. I'm going to miss this room a lot...but at least we have pictures.
  • My mickey ears. I mostly only wore any color of mickey ears (except on Christmas and New Years of course :P) and I'm going to miss seeing my avatar walking around the kingdom with them on.
  • VMK at Halloween and Christmas time. Just thinking about the memories from when VMK was decorated makes me feel homesick for those days.

2. One thing I'm thankful I'll never have to deal with is
  • Playing fireworks for quests. It was my favorite game until they made it 'remixed'. I always had trouble trying to play fireworks for quests ever since they changed it. I'm glad that will be over with!

3. Two things that could improve VMK are
  • Well, there's the obvious one...fix crashing and lag! The first Blackheart's quest would have been much easier if everyone wouldn't crash every five minutes. And even before that, you could crash or lag at the worst possible times, like when you are in line for a host room. They fixed DC...why not crashing?
  • A better report system. I'm not sure of what a better one would be, but I remember numerous times seeing people do things I wouldn't want a young person to see, reporting it, and getting the answer "Please only use the report button for emergencies". That really made me annoyed, it was like VMK was almost saying "so what?".

Thanks for doing this again!
Old 05-03-2008, 02:02 PM
misses VMK
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

ACECpt.RICH is spinning in a Cursed Storm
1. List the three (3) "Virtual PHYSICAL" things you will miss the most. These can be NPCs, clothing, furniture, rooms, etc.

-Friends.The first and probably biggest thing that I will miss the most, will be my friends. Through thick and thin, my friends have been there for me. Although I do not know these people in reality, I have grown to love them as if I did, because we are share one thing.. a love for the magic of Disney. My friends have helped me in so many ways..whether be buying items so I could help complete my guest rooms, or just helping me feel better on those day that were a little gloomy. My friends are a major part of VMK.

-Creating Quests. At first, I never really made guest rooms, simply because I didn't really have much talent for it. Though, as the months went by, with the help of friends, tips of staff room makeovers, and just a little practice, I became very good at them. And soon, I became very popular in VMK for my Questing rooms. I will truly miss making quests because, first, I have a great time thinking of an awesome Disney idea, then designing the room to match. And second, watching all of the players play the quests. I will miss the comments and reactions to my quests. I get a lot of satisfaction when players tell me how much they have enjoy what I created. I will truly miss not being able to open the Quest Park I was looking forward to build, but am truly glad that I got the opportunity to provide two-five minutes of a fun quest and decent prizes for those who played.

-New Items. I always enjoyed the weekends, not just because it was the end of the school week, but because VMK items used to release every Friday. Whether it be a little pin, or a new article of clothing, I was always so excited to get to change up my pin lanyard and change my avatar's clothing. In reality, it's not always easy to change your look, or be someone you can't be. But in VMK.. you can be anyone, and anything is possible. You can be Captain Jack Sparrow, Peterpan, or dress up as Mickey Mouse. You can wear new and old pins that reflect your favorite parts of Disney. Now that VMK releases items on Saturday, I always wait and wait all week for Friday night to see the update to Shrunken Ned's column, and as soon as I see the new items, I feel like a little kid and try to think of how I can put them into my rooms for others to enjoy.

2. List the number one (1) "Virtual PHYSICAL" thing that you are thankful you will never have to deal with again.

-I am thankful for those who have helped me, or helped me to feel better when I was having a bad day or feeling sick. Those people helped me get through some difficult times, and without them I'm not sure if I would have been able to.

3. List two (2) things that you think could improve VMK.

-The mini games. Although there are a couple fun games now, since the opening of VMK, there have been no new mini games. I did enjoy sinking ships, exploding fireworks, catching ghosts, and taking pictures of animals. My faorite to games are Pirates and Jungle Cruise, they are two of my favorite parts of Disney.

-The prices of items. Some times the prices for some of my favorite items were prices pretty high, making it difficult for me to purchase more than one to add to my rooms, trade, and give away.

Glad to see go?

-Some of the attitudes. Sometimes, players for whatever reason took it upon themselves to really have a poor attitude toward everything. People always would complain about the new items, or complain about something someone said, or just complain about everything possible. I will surely not miss dealing with those who decided to be rude, obnoxious, and disrespectful for no reason - it truly brought down the morale of VMK.

Improvements:

-A better way for everyone to get what they want. I have always wanted a stitch hat, and it took me until two months ago to get one, because I traded away my Blackheart Quest prizes. It was kind of sad because I really loved those prizes, but had to sacrifice them for something I really always wanted. I feel extremely fortunate that I had the opportunity to get everything I wanted in VMK - A Stitch hat, full Sparrow, and an award for my quest room (I was fortunate enough to win Best Quest two times)

---

Thanks for this great contest, it's truly a great way to remember VMK
Old 05-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Owns The NightRiverRide!!

nicegoldknight is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Things I Will miss

Pirates Of The Caribbean game- its fun and you get cool things from it.
My Rooms-They are so fun just visiting.
Quests and events-they are so fun to go to do.

Things I Wont miss

Jungle Cruise Safari you work so hard and only get 20 credits

Things For Inprovments

After A Game of Jungle Cruise Safari yuo should get more credits instead of 20
And I would make more arcade games- There is only one and i would make rewards for it.

thats my intry

Last edited by nicegoldknight; 05-10-2008 at 12:31 PM..
Old 05-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Turtle talk with Crush!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

black33 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I will miss:
The great friends i've made while playing VMK
All my Mickey ears that I've finally managed to get! (Thanks to everyone who helped me acheive my dream!!)
My turtle talk with crush room! (When VMK is gone, my friend crush will vanish with everything else, and he won't talk ever again... )

I'm not going to miss:
I need to get credits because i never seemed to get enough..

One thing I would change:
I would figure out a meaning for The Penny Arcade...

and...
I would have more staff events, so that everyone in VMK could meet all the wonderful people who ran this amazing game.

Last edited by black33; 05-03-2008 at 05:31 PM..
Old 05-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Go Giants! 11-2
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: Woot
Cools is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Things I will miss-

My friends, my stitch, all my pirate quest I recently got for free. All of my pin sets I traded for.. The Yeti ♥ and the Dragon ♥ (dont call me a fake 'cause back in like 2005 I voted for both of them )

Glad to see go?-

JUNGLE CRUISE GAME, I could never get 30,000 for the blue space magic on my new account. I got it on my old account but then I had to make a new account >_<

I am also glad to see all the scammers go away.

Improvements-

Trade box.. I would like to trade credits, rooms, and maybe codes.

Inforce some 'values' more then others. I think bans should be given for scamming rather then annoying someone without bad langauge.. Seriously

~€00L$
Old 05-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Sad
BelieveNTheMagic is floating through Inner Space
Three thing that I will miss are -
  • My magic suite room - It took me forever to build it! I made it to be like a actual house with a kitchen, rooms, living room and stuff. I think I'm mainly going to miss that because my and I would always hang out in there. I've had so many good memories from that room.
  • My pins - Another thing I'm going to miss are my pins and magic! It took me forever to get the pins and magic I needed, and now VMK is closing! I still need a few more magic pins to complete my set, so I think I can get them!
  • My friends - Finally, I'm going to miss my friends. I know that I'll see some of them on this site, but I don't know where I'll be able to find the other ones. I've made some really good friends and it's sad to see them go.

What I wont miss -
  • The fireworks game - It was such a hard game for me! I couldn't get pass level 3! I hated playing this game for quests.

Improvements-
  • I would like to see more stuff released at a cheaper price. I would love to see the dream bed released. It would go perfect in my room. Everything is too expensive! With the prices lowered, it'll give us less time earning credits and more time to hang out with friends.
  • Also, I wish they could fix up the rules a bit. People don't seem to follow the rules, and if they fixed them up and maybe enforce them people would start to follow them. The report system should be fixed along with that.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:18 PM
SAVE VMK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SweetSammi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Things i will miss:
  1. My Minnie Hat. I love it so much and i will hate to see it go
  2. My Inferno. I got it the week before VMK said they would close and i worked so hard to get it and now all my hard work went to waste =[
  3. My dream ears. I remember Dream Month and all the long hours i spent sitting in rooms waiting for host and the last day of it,almost time for VMK to close, i got my first and last dream, my dream ears. Thanks HOST_Lily =]

What i won't miss:
  • All the stress from trading with people, trying to get a good trade and not get scamed.

Improvments:
  • I would lie to see move chances to get stuff from the Beta days.
  • I think they should change VMK hours because on the East cost the hours are 10am-1am and on weekdays i can't play before school and i can't stay up for closing. On weekends i have to wait a couple hours before it opens =\
  • I wish VMK was like it was when it first came out because it was more fun then. It wasn't as stressing as it is today.

Good Luck everyone =]

I will miss VMK and everyone in it.

SAVE VMK!

SweetSammi
Old 05-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Guest Room Interior.

My Mood: VMK
virtualmagicguy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Okay here I go =)
Things I will miss:
#1 My best friends on VMK that I had for a long time. Without them, I would of been very lonely in VMK. Also, without them I would of never have great ideas for great guest rooms. Thanks guys. I'll miss you guys the most. =(

#2 Making the coolest guest rooms. I don't know about you but making awesome guest rooms is the coolest thing I ever done on VMK. Making guest rooms are so inspirational, it's like making beautiful masterpieces on VMK and display them to the public. Now, I'll miss that feeling that I wanted to make the greatest guest rooms ever.

#3 Missing my favorite places on VMK. Some of the places in VMK reminds me of my great friends that we also we hang out in. Also, I'll miss some of those places in VMK like the Elephant Bathing Pool & Castle Gardens that helps me calm down because of the sound & music. Whenever I get stress out, I go to go those places I like. Good times, good times. =)

Glad to see go:

#1 My credits .. All my VMK life i've been making credits almost everyday. It was very stressful because of all my other stuff in life (homework, piano, etc.) Now since VMK is closing, I wouldn't have to waste my time on getting credits when I can do other cool things in life, instead of saving up '' virtual '' credits.

Improvements:

#1 Would be nice to see a Haunted Mansion Ride, been '' dying '' to see one.

#2 Better quests would be nice too. If they ever have another mini game(s) part of the quest, maybe just maybe to make lower scores. Also the quest to have big credits too. =)

That's all I can say to be thankful.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:31 PM
July 17, 2006May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 

Tokrok is spinning in a Cursed Storm
1) My AITS pins
2) My new five star magics
3) The Shoppes

1) People who beg for my magic

1) Ability to trade rooms
2) Some items need to be less expensive
Old 05-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Mad on VMKF chat
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Acoustic is floating through Inner Space
Things I will miss:

- All the rooms that I have put loads of time, effort and thought into making!
- All the items that I have collected in my three years of playing!
- And of course all the friends I have made on my virtual journey!

Things I wont miss:

- Haunted Mansion game

Things they could improve:

- More host events, and multiple of them to give people a better chance.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Registered+

Lost_Yet_Found is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Three Things I Will Miss :

1. My sparrow shirt, it was given to me by a very close friend on vmk that i will miss when vmk closes.

2. Great friends, you know the people who could always cheer you up? Always had time to hang out with you? Always played one more game of pirates with you even though they really had to go? I will miss them so much

3. Just wandering around vmk, i know it sounds stupid but sometimes you didnt have much to do or you friends werent on and you could just wander around vmk, go to places you never go to, see the new items, or maybe just meet great people in rooms. Whenever you went off there was always something worth finding on your journey.

Things ill be glad to see go :

People asking for free. Like its ok if i offer but most people assume because you have SOME magic and SOME rare clothes, that your mega rich. Its not always the case and people just think they can get free of you even if you dont know them!

Things That Should Be Improved :

1. Size of friend list, yes quite a few people have said this and more will but what if your list is already full and your best mate in real signs up? You have to add them, or if your going round vmk and you just meet the best person in somewhere like central plaza, You add them but at the pit of your stomach even though you may not talk to the person you deleted much they were still there for you and its makes you feel guilty

2. The VMK Dictionary, yes we could say alot and vmk did add many words during vmks time but still there was always some words you had to ' Dictionary dance ' to make you sentance make sence and sometimes it could be so frustrating.

I have many more things i will greatly miss about vmk and i would just like to say Thanks For The Great 3 Years VMK
Old 05-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Registered+

Mooshu has disabled reputation
Three things that I'll miss-

1) The public guest rooms. They were great places to hang out and to walk through. They're all similar to the lands in the real parks, which makes the experience of VMK all the more enjoyable.

2) The NPCs. What better way is there to get credits? And, it's really exciting when you actually see them in the parks.

3) Making totally cool guest rooms. It's so cool that we get to make cool guest rooms and share them with everyone. With all the creative furnishings, the sky's the limit when we furnish our rooms.

One thing I won't miss-

1) Pay to play/ride. The Fantasyland Courtyard rides makes us pay 10 credits to ride, which adds up, as you go on the rides more and more. And paying to play Pirates of the Caribbean, even if you don't win in the end. It totally stunk. >_<

Improvements for VMK-

1) The Lag. Lag made it difficult to finish a quest quickly and made everything slow and laggy.

2) Being able to type more than two forms of one word. (Such as typing two periods, ((..)) instead being able to type three periods ((...)) ) It was very frustrating.

3) Lower prices. It's nearly impossible to get 10,000 credits in a small period of time to buy newly realeased magic. Lowering prices would be better.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:22 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
~I will miss VMK_Lion. Ever since that ROAR! made of crates in his room for the everest ride-a-thon, he has been my favorite.
~I will miss my bird hat. I have wanted it since I was a guest. StitchRokcs got one for me which was one of the nicest things someone has done for me.
~I will miss checkers. When ever I had no friends online, or just needed some time alone, I palyed checkers. Over 280 wins and I'm still playing until the end.

~I'm glad I don't have to deal with the dark rides. Just to ride them to pull out the sword for a prize was torture.

~Staff taking action when players use a certain "language" in a Disney rated G game.
~Make Frontierland more attractive by adding a mini game or NPC.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Gone - Where I Am.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Adventurous
ElephantEthan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The three things I will miss:

My friends -
My friends were the most precious possession I had ever since I met my first one, Pink_Bink. She will be the only friend I'll miss the most out of all. All of my friends were all grouped with each other making us a whole new family.

My memories -
I will miss the memories of us friends and other people going on VMK. The events, quests, parties, everything else. I will also miss the time sthe staff always helped us with these events.

The drama -
The drama was very important. It was a hard thing but it was easy to overcome. Drama was probably the only thing that kept us friends friends after all. Without drama, life would be so simple.

The thing I'm glad to see go:

Pirates: was always lag, and also too much people complain

Improvements:
Having the word "pie" in the dictionary
Letting us say every disney character in the way like PeterPan or WinnieThePooh