Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old How Does Pal Mickey Update?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:54 PM
HandyManAndy On VMK

AGMartin2 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Talking How Does Pal Mickey Update?

Today I bought (even though i know WDW off by heart) Pal Mickey and he is so COOOOOOOOOL!! But I was just wandering if he can update himself to accomodate the new rides? If so, how? Thanks!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:09 AM
WDW here I come!!!!!

Tinklover is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Cool! i want one but I don't go to WDW that often only 2-5 time a year!
Old 02-15-2006, 11:32 PM
OHEMJAY.

KrazyDopey is spinning in a Cursed Storm
excuse i must sound dumb to you lol pal mickey? haha whats that?
Old 02-16-2006, 02:30 AM
On The Air!™

figmentisback is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Pa mickey can be "updated" in information...

once you pass through the gates his censors enter the mainframe and update... just wait for pal mickey 2.0 now with gps... lol
Old 02-16-2006, 02:32 AM
the inside of my heart.

TikiRoom is as Frosty as a Snowman
What is a pal mickey?
we can take a chance.
this crazy thing that we call a romance
still fills the inside
the inside of my heart.

the inside- danny larsh
i got 3 hugs from him. xD
Old 02-16-2006, 02:39 AM
<-My Walt Disney World

Middiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with Confetti
Pal Mickey is basically a stuffed animal that is your own "personal tour guide" while you're in Walt Disney World...

He works while you're in the park... Telling you what attractions there are, what attractions are open, when parades/fire works are, and much, much more!

He is also said to work when you arrive home from your vacation...

I have only seen this in the gift shops in Walt Disney World... the 50$+ price tag has turned me off from buying it for my family...
Old 04-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Banned

FinnDisney is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wink

Well, no offense, person before me, but you're an idiot. JK JK JK sorry, i just had to get that in...PAL MICKEY ROCKS!!!! I have the original, but when i'm going in june, i'm getting the 50th anniversary one, and my sister gets the original...PAL rocks...he is soo much fun when waiting in line....and he tells sweet tips (even though I knew them all, my family didn't) and he looks so cool anyway. NEVER DISS THE PAL MICKEY.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:21 AM
CP Alum

Iroc is spinning in a Cursed Storm
When you walk into the park, have Mickey's nose (where the sensor is) facing forward and tilted up a little. Make sure it's not blocked. That's how it updates itself. I hope you enjoy it. Have fun in the parks and don't forget to complete the quests. If you plan to buy anything such as a hat or candy ASK for the cards. As long as you are shopping on main street, you should get the Gold ears or a penny press with the purchase. Have fun.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Vmk name is wombatman

Maurice the Puppy Man is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Sorry, but I don't think Pal Mickey can be updated. I got mine a few years ago when it first came out, so when I walk through the parks, he still talks about old attractions like Alien Encounter and stuff. When we went this year, we tried to see if he could be updated. Though we pretty much got a different answer out of everyone we asked (one guy said it couldn't be done, another said it could, and another CM said it would do id automatically) the answer we recieved most was no.

P.S. The guy who said it would update automatically was wrong.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Banned

FinnDisney is spinning in a Cursed Storm
so? buy the new one, silly. that one updates. :rollseyes:
Old 04-10-2006, 02:07 AM
CP Alum

Iroc is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I know that it should update itself as long as the sensor is working. That is why it doesn't tell you about the attractions at home. If your Pal Mickey is not working correctly, please bring it to the store which currently houses VMK Central (the main store in Magic Kingdom for the Pal Mickey). Since guest satisfaction is a major part of what keeps the Disney magic strong, I am sure they will be able to assist you with your Pal Mickey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice the Puppy Man
Sorry, but I don't think Pal Mickey can be updated. I got mine a few years ago when it first came out, so when I walk through the parks, he still talks about old attractions like Alien Encounter and stuff. When we went this year, we tried to see if he could be updated. Though we pretty much got a different answer out of everyone we asked (one guy said it couldn't be done, another said it could, and another CM said it would do id automatically) the answer we recieved most was no.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:23 PM
On The Air!™

figmentisback is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice the Puppy Man

I have a Pal mickey 1.0.... it is updated every time it passes through the park gates... It talks about Mount Never Rest.. lol (which mountain in Asia never sleeps? Mount Never Rest..) and talks about Stitch's not so great escape...

Maybe yours is malfunctioning.. next time your at WDW and it does that take it to guest services and ask about it.. you might get lucky and get a Pal mickey 1.5.... (2.0 coming next year i hear..)