Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old New Leaked Cast Member Only DCA Concept Art!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:25 AM
Come to the Lazy Mermaid!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Jacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatechgal View Post
The Main Street in the Magic Kingdom will be representative of Marcelene, MO around the turn of the Centurey. The new concept for DCA will be Walt Disney's California Adventure. So they are themeing it to what California was like for Walt thus the 1920's Art Deco look that was very prevalant when Walt first came to Hollywood.
Oh, I'm well aware of the Hollywood version of Main Street, but it's still a Main Street to me. Guess I'm just not sold on the facelift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRobbie View Post
Jacques;

In reading books about Walt, he was never against the "Midway" just the shabbiness that was common to many aging places. Being from California I am familiar with some great fun spot like Pacific Ocean Park and the Santa Monica Pier. If the park is indeed going to still be DCA then the midway is appropriate. How many are aware of the short lived "Circus Land" when Disneyland first opened?

DR
GG basically responded as I would have, so I won't address the same issue. But as for your "Circus Land" mention, let me just say that a better example would have been the Park's "State Fair" promotion. It was much closer to all that is un-Walt about DCA, and I believe the promotion was not well received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theVMKpro View Post
they are not adding all of those
Not adding all of those what?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:42 AM
Friend of Daisy Buchanan

GreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
But as for your "Circus Land" mention, let me just say that a better example would have been the Park's "State Fair" promotion. It was much closer to all that is un-Walt about DCA, and I believe the promotion was not well received.
AND it was post-Walt as well, and I believe one of the first Eisner changes.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:48 AM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Jacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with Confetti
I heard that people in Marketing were fired or demoted after that promotion. Any truth to that?

I miss the promotions of the past. They were an interesting diversion, and a reason for locals to continue visiting. Blast to the Past was my first, and I fondly recall seeing The Tokens and Jan & Dean playing at Tomorrowland Terrace. I would go more often if they did promotions like this again.

Year of a Million Dreams just doesn't cut it.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:58 AM
VMK name: Alphaeverestfan

My Mood: VMK
Etrain4242 is as Frosty as a Snowman
I don't really think Disney would create an entire land dedicated to one movie (ie. the cars example). However I can see A version of the radiator springs racers going somewhere in California. Maybe something along the lines of epcots test track. interesting pictures though.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:03 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrain4242 View Post
I don't really think Disney would create an entire land dedicated to one movie (ie. the cars example). However I can see A version of the radiator springs racers going somewhere in California. Maybe something along the lines of epcots test track. interesting pictures though.
its not a rumor or anything. There actually gonna be a Cars Land. so they will create and entire land to one movie. But I think they would do that for others movies too
Old 10-24-2007, 04:04 AM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrain4242 View Post
Been to Toontown?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:10 AM
VMK name: Alphaeverestfan

My Mood: VMK
Etrain4242 is as Frosty as a Snowman
oh wow i didn't know they were actually making a carsland and it wasn't a rumor. should be interesting to see what it turns out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
Been to Toontown?
haha yeah i have been to toontown. Just seems like Disney doesn't put too much of one thing in one park, and cars land seems like more of an adventurous part for the entire family. Rather then toontown which is more of kid oriented and less entire family oriented.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

What I was alluding to is that Toontown is based off one movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Sure the neighborhood end is a new creation, but the downtown portion is pretty accurate to the film. I think they could make a Cars land about that same size and get away with it.

NOTE: This is in no way my endorsement of a Cars land. This "creating rides from movies" idea is not what Disney is all about. Outside of Fantasyland, very few of Walt's attractions had movie tie-ins, and the ones that did were pretty loosely based on the movies (Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise, etc.)

Disney needs to get back to the idea of ideas. Not everything has to have a "summer blockbuster" to help its marketing (re: Haunted Mansion). I wish they would create something unique. I've seen Cars. I don't need to see it in real life.

Last edited by Jacques; 10-24-2007 at 02:20 PM..
Old 10-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Queen of Junk
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Userpage Donation Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

SweepHunter is Buried in TreasureSweepHunter is Buried in TreasureSweepHunter is Buried in Treasure
Bugs Land was from the one movie Bugs. It will take 5 years to complete and there will be a Disney Vacation Club addition to the Grand Californian which are hotel rooms. Maliboomer is history. California Dreams with Whoopie Goldberg is gone and Ariel will be built there. The Mulhullond drive mad mouse is being geared toward Goofy.

The winery will not be leaving and nothing new will be added to the rapids or Soarin. CMs who were very important went to a long presentation on the DCA changes. All others could watch it on monitors.

The golden gate bridge will be yanked out an the monorail will be hidden like a california bridge overpass, very subtle. The front is moved out about 15 feet. Toy Story is already under construction.

It is too bad the money was not used to remodel Disneyland and other stuff first.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Great Times, Great People
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
Manchester United is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Toy Story Mania.. i like the sound of that!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:25 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
So since in post 25 it said Maliboomer was history, does that mean it's already closed down? Why would they even take it down? They cant really fit a ride in that small area. And it was a good ride when I went on it. But I think they should leave it. But one rumor I heard was that they were gonna maybe keep it and make it like a Toy Soldier theme from Toy Story, and it would fit well with the new Toy Story Mania being built.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:57 PM
I like to whisper too!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Baffled
snowegoof has disabled reputation

They can't change the PARTNERS STATUE!!!

I liked the old park, I don't want them to change it!!

Seriously, they are ruining Disney. If they change that statue, I will never go to Diney again, I swear.

Last edited by GreatGatsby; 10-25-2007 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate text and "irritating posting style"
Old 10-25-2007, 01:43 AM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowegoof View Post
They can't change the PARTNERS STATUE!!!
They're not changing the statue in Disneyland. They are adding one to DCA. At least that's how I understand it.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:57 AM
I like to whisper too!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Baffled
snowegoof has disabled reputation
Oh, well that's a relief. But Still, the statue was meant only for the magic kingdom!
Old 10-25-2007, 02:01 AM
Star Wars rocks!!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pwness
IceManFan is as Frosty as a Snowman
I like hiw they are doing cars but what is up with the tow mater ride? i don't get the concept of it