Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Polls & Surveys > Norwegian Blue

Norwegian Blue POLLY WANT A CRACKER?!!! IT'S A DEAD POLLY!

Old Disneyland or Walt Disney World?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

View Poll Results: Disneyland or Walt Disney World?
Disneyland! 25 33.33%
Walt Disney World! 44 58.67%
Both! 14 18.67%
Other! 4 5.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Um, Hi!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Waffle
BurntTomatoFace is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I've only been to WDW so that's what I would of chosen.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Disneyland Fangirl
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Boo!
Silverpsycho is as Frosty as a Snowman
This usually turns into one ugly debate because people who have gone to WDW their whole life will obviously choose WDW and those who are devoted to Disneyland and have gone there their entire life will go with that.

Well I am one of the Disneyland fans but I have gone to WDW so I can be fair in my decision and not just choose to choose.

I remember when I was young that I was so anxious to get to WDW someday. In fact, I wanted to pack up and move to Florida. Well when I finally got the opportunity to go to WDW after a cruise, my expectations were far less than met. I hated the humid weather compared to California and even though WDW is a lot bigger...I felt far less of the magic. The Magic Kingdom wasn't well taken care of like Disneyland is and not as intimate. The one thing I will give WDW is that their Splash Mountain is far better than Disneyland's, but WDW's Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain don't even compare to that of Disneyland's quality. I don't know, in Disneyland, one can almost feel the presence of Walt Disney, whereas The Magic Kingdom in WDW is watered down and just a shell of what Disneyland is.

However if you were to ask me what order the parks go in, I'd say this:
Tokyo Disneyland
Disneyland
Euro-Disneyland
WDW
Hong Kong Disneyland

I'm being somewhat unfair to Honk Kong because I consider them to be still in the rough stages. The park is still too new to really get a fair chance on the list but their park has a long way to go and luckily the magic continues and things get built. If anything, the park looks awesome with its fresh paint and all.

Tokyo Disneyland is in the lead for its impressive animatronics and incredible atmosphere. There is no real way to top the professionalism of this park. WDW may have been Walt's goal park but Tokyo's is leaps and bounds better and the park Walt himself would be most proud of because of what it has to offer to its guests.

Ha ha, so after my mega rambling, Disneyland may be smaller but it packs quite a punch for what it is and it will always stand as the original classic.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:24 PM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverpsycho View Post
This usually turns into one ugly debate because people who have gone to WDW their whole life will obviously choose WDW and those who are devoted to Disneyland and have gone there their entire life will go with that.

Well I am one of the Disneyland fans but I have gone to WDW so I can be fair in my decision and not just choose to choose.

I remember when I was young that I was so anxious to get to WDW someday. In fact, I wanted to pack up and move to Florida. Well when I finally got the opportunity to go to WDW after a cruise, my expectations were far less than met. I hated the humid weather compared to California and even though WDW is a lot bigger...I felt far less of the magic. The Magic Kingdom wasn't well taken care of like Disneyland is and not as intimate. The one thing I will give WDW is that their Splash Mountain is far better than Disneyland's, but WDW's Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain don't even compare to that of Disneyland's quality. I don't know, in Disneyland, one can almost feel the presence of Walt Disney, whereas The Magic Kingdom in WDW is watered down and just a shell of what Disneyland is.

However if you were to ask me what order the parks go in, I'd say this:
Tokyo Disneyland
Disneyland
Euro-Disneyland
WDW
Hong Kong Disneyland

I'm being somewhat unfair to Honk Kong because I consider them to be still in the rough stages. The park is still too new to really get a fair chance on the list but their park has a long way to go and luckily the magic continues and things get built. If anything, the park looks awesome with its fresh paint and all.

Tokyo Disneyland is in the lead for its impressive animatronics and incredible atmosphere. There is no real way to top the professionalism of this park. WDW may have been Walt's goal park but Tokyo's is leaps and bounds better and the park Walt himself would be most proud of because of what it has to offer to its guests.

Ha ha, so after my mega rambling, Disneyland may be smaller but it packs quite a punch for what it is and it will always stand as the original classic.

That was well said!

I just realized that I did not include the other Disney Parks, so those of you who prefer any of the other parks - feel free to use the "Other" option.

~Earth
Old 04-11-2009, 04:05 AM
Disneyland is the Best!!!
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Artistic
BanannaSplitzer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I prefer Disneyland for 2 reasons: I live kinda close to it: and it is far more cheap than WDW

Last edited by BanannaSplitzer; 04-11-2009 at 04:05 AM.. Reason: i misspelled something