Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles

News Articles This is the forum for all News Worthy information.

Old ATTENTION: VMKF! The DOW needs YOUR help!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
I'm going to spend most of my time on VMK now working on this
Old 05-18-2008, 09:35 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Drat! Just when I was about to take pics VMK Disconnected all of us!

~Polar
Old 05-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Think Think Think
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Thoughtful
TopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Wow thanks so much to everyone who has helped out! Keep checking back here and keep checking all the other threads. The first post has been kept updated with the links to new and existing "HELP the Wiki" threads.

These past few days new items have come out right and left, so some may not be individually mentioned in the threads. If you have a new item please check UpInTheAir's threads for guidelines and see if you can add those pictures too.

Your help is really appreciated!

~~~

Old 05-20-2008, 09:04 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Due to unconventional release tactics from VMK...it's becoming harder and harder to keep track of item releases. New thread made specifically for new VMK items, please help us get as much info as possible before it's too late...If you could post any new item information and images here, that would be a great help. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Think Think Think
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

Born In Park VIP
TopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
OK everyone - last push. Check your inventories - watch for the new items that are coming at us left and right. It sure would be great to get all these new items fully and properly documented on our wiki. If you have questions as to what is needed check the guidelines in any of the posts linked in the first post of this thread. I know UpInTheAir's threads these last few weeks have resulted in a huge influx of images. All your help in getting these images is vastly appreciated.!!!

~~~

Old 05-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 

Born In Park VIP
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Last day to get pics, please please please do all you can. Also, we need people to make new disney.com accounts to get some of our missing clothing item inventory images.

See: http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140009
Old 06-16-2008, 10:21 PM
hi

My Mood: SaveVMK
evina is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Can you tell us when they are uploaded?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Trader

goofy_bout_mickey is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinprophet View Post
why do ya'll want to document vmk's existance so detailed?
so that we can go back and remember what an amazing game it was?
so we can miss it again?
so others can see and wish they had been able to play it?

really i dont understand why...
Surely you have taken a picture of someone you like or care about and put it in a photo album. It's the same principle.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Think Think Think
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by evina View Post
Can you tell us when they are uploaded?
If you browse around our Disneys Online Worlds wiki some, you'll see that these items are being added in over time. Please be patient, as you can imagine UpInTheAir was hit with literally thousands and thousands of images and other bits of information there at the end. She and her editors have been working long and hard to really get all the sections shaped up. Keep checking back, things really are changing daily!

~~~

Old 06-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpdot View Post
If you are missing something, and having difficulty finding it, please let me know by sending a list, or partial lists. I have a "fair" amount of materials that I have not begun scratch due to my project. I'll get there eventually.

GPDOT
Thanks GPDOT! I think we may just require some of your services. At the moment I've been busy trying to get pictures in and we are making some lists of items that we need to go hunting for. I'll be in touch

As an update to everyone, slowly but surely these images are making their way onto the wiki. The VMKF response was so wonderful, we could not have done it without all of you! Keep checking the wiki as we add more pages, more images, and more information! Not only are we making sure the wiki has recent information, we're also making sure that old information gets added as well. Been digging around in the archives to bring you some blasts from the past! Let's keep these VMK Memories alive.

Pages are being added everyday:

For example....did you ever take the time to read the VMK In-Game Help Guide?

Want to relive Hula's last quest?

For some of us that were playing VMK in 2005 remember the Thanksgiving Quest? (and for those who weren't players then...something new!)

Do you remember which T-Shirt you wore to vote for the dragon in the 2005 Voting poll event?

Not sure where to find something on the wiki? I'm happy to point you in the right direction or let you know that what you're searching for is still in the process of being added. So relive those VMK memories and explore our wiki
Old 06-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
This is why I love the wiki, now as much as ever, there's so much useful information on anything you didn't know about or missed... *cough*ALL of the holidays*cough* Because I missed a bit even though I started playing during Beta...
Old 07-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Registered+

mcbeth is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hello: I am wigglefritz a long time player of VMK. A friend, avatar, gpdot, made up a great program with pictures of VMK. You can go to all the lands, go on the Alice or Pan ride, Jungle cruise. It is great. made me cry. He is always adding to it. Maybe there are some pictures he will let you use. Enjoy!

Last edited by Jezzi; 12-27-2009 at 12:16 AM.. Reason: removed site
Old 07-07-2008, 07:11 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
Hello: I am wigglefritz a long time player of VMK. A friend, avatar, gpdot, made up a great program with pictures of VMK. You can go to all the lands, go on the Alice or Pan ride, Jungle cruise. It is great. made me cry. He is always adding to it. Maybe there are some pictures he will let you use. Enjoy!

I think we already have all of the room pictures. Thanks though

~Polar

Last edited by Jezzi; 12-27-2009 at 12:16 AM.. Reason: removed website
Old 01-10-2009, 04:43 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I'm not sure if this was listed on the list. But when I was going through the VMK Cards, I noticed that the 50th Celebration Director's Chair didn't have a picture of the card. I found a picture for it:

Ugh. The link didn't work. I'll try to PM it to UpInTheAir

Last edited by Destination; 01-10-2009 at 04:45 AM.. Reason: removing photo link -- didn't work
Old 08-03-2012, 05:54 AM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
I know I'm a few years late but am I still able to share some pictures and assist with this project?