Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic > WAY Off Topic

WAY Off Topic Off Topic archive

Old Arg Matey!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:37 PM
I rock hard dudeee. xD
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Confused
BasketballFarrah is as Frosty as a Snowman
Arg!

Ok I'm 5'4" tall and I weigh 145(You can check my profile for age). I'm SUPPOSED to be 128 pounds, and I have NO idea how to lose almost 20 pounds! I really want to get in better shape(though people say that's not fat at all) so I REALLY need some dieting and exercising tips.

Last edited by BasketballFarrah; 03-14-2007 at 10:33 PM..
Old 03-14-2007, 07:32 PM
There's always something.
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Super Donation Award 

Born In Park VIP
Chaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with Confetti
Eat your foods in moderation. You can eat the foods you like, but eat one serving, and that's it. Stay away from fast food for a little while. Mum or Dad's cooking, I'd stick to.
Never skip the three daily meals, Breakie, Lunch, and Dinner. Breakie (sorry, I say breakie, I mean breakfast) is very important. It can even be an instant breakfast (like a milkshake pack.... mmm, those are yummy!).

Get into sports and some active programs, you'll feel better and will be making new friends!

Exercise at least 30 minutes per day. Do anything to get your body moving, and, no, the Wii is not an acception (LOL, my fault..)!

Now for the little keep-track list. It's easy to keep track of your weight (what you eat, etc.) in an diary. Write in a book or type on the computer. If you're old enough to take diet pills, don't. I feel they are just like smoking, they speed your heart up faster than it should normally be, and in other studies, they say that smoking is slowly killing you. Same with the pills, I believe. It's just not a good way to go.

I see you like basketball, that is a GREAT active sport, it gets the whole body moving. Do they have basketball training programs anywhere in your town? If they do, take them. Trust me, those programs are excellent, they are hard work, but fun, and you get to play your favourite sport, too!!
~Chaelle

~Chaelle
Old 03-14-2007, 10:30 PM
I rock hard dudeee. xD
Awards Showcase

Yes, I did volleyball and was in athletics at the beginning of the school year, then I didn't make the basketball team but I was going to, but I didn't because I accidentally said that I didn't want to. @_@ Then I quit athletics...it just made me throw up everyday. So now I do YMCA to keep me going.....my volleyball practices start next week there so..... and my basketball games ended a few weeks ago.

Well today I ate:

Breakfast - 1 Banana
Lunch - Well it's from Pei Wei, it's like...beef with rice and vegetables.
Dinner - I don't know yet.

And I just came back from shopping and I'm eating..so I can't exercise yet. But I always have to get like a Large or XL....=// I'm trying to get into a small or a medium, and get down to a size 3/4 or 5/6 in pants.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:01 AM
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
Chaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with Confetti
Well, the Breakfast is a good start, at least you're eating something (unlike me, I usually skip both Breakie and lunch, which is a no-no for anyone). Try to make your breakfast complete by drinking an 8oz. glass of milk and some toast (jelly is fine, don't go overboard with the butter).
Instead of white rice, try whole grain rice. There is not that much of a difference between the two flavours, and in my opinion, the whole grain rice tastes much better (and it's good for you, too).
Same thing with pasta, switch to whole grain.
For lunch, I recommend bringing something with you to lunch (if you can). Try a low-sodium lunchmeat sandwich and your favourite fruit.
Dinner is my favourite meal of the day. It all depends on what you're eating, though. Try to switch salty foods with no-to low sodium and remember to eat your veggies!!!

I'd like (if I can) to give you a little test.
Which ammount of food (on the two plates below) do you think is bigger?
Or

The answer is below, but please try to guess.

The ammount of food is the same on both plates. Many people are now using bigger plates to serve food. You might see in buffets that there are signs that say 'Get only an ammount that you can eat', or something like that. Because it is a person's first reaction to completely fill a plate up (no matter the size). Try this at home; get a smaller plate than the regular plate sizes you usually use. Serve yourself one serving off food and put it on the smaller plate. You will be satisfied knowing that you ate everything, instead of worrying about the ammount.

I'm getting a little worried about the 'throwing up in athletics' part. Have you talked to your doctor about it? I'm only giving you little tips, but your doctor will help you come to a healthy weight for you much better than I can.
~Chaelle

~Chaelle
Old 03-15-2007, 12:03 AM
I rock hard dudeee. xD
Awards Showcase

I don't know what the answer is, I didn't look at the thing, but it looks exactly the same, so it doesn't matter how big the plate is. Oh there's no need to worry about me throwing up in athletics, that's why I quit, I didn't want to get sick. But I can probably join again if I move to another school out of state soon.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:07 AM
hollyjollychristmas (:

BlueJalepeno is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I know it's nearly impossible, but if you really want to lose wait. Get off the computer all together or spend at the most an hour and a half on the computer or less daily. This will end up helping. What I used to do because I wasn't satisfied with my body and my athletic ability, was I made a 3 minute work out for myself, the work out involved a few ab excersizes, a fiew arm and chest excersizes and a few leg excersizes. Then everytime before I got on the computer I did this excersize. It really helps.

Also what did you throw up in athletics? I know this is a gross subject but sometimes when you throw up, it's a sign that you're working yourself hard which is good.
If you threw up food then it's good you probably quit, but should still be doing excersizes on your own.
If you threw up muscus or snot, it's probably fine because your lungs are just telling you that you've been working hard and should take a little breather.
I'm in the athletics class at my school and I throw up muscus almost every 1/3 days. But the nurse said that this is fine and when that happens I need to maybe jog the next lap when everyone runs it.

Also Chaelle really knows what to do when it comes to portioning your food.
Her methods that she has mentioned has worked for my family members.

As for dieting, when I was unhappy with my weight, you should simply not do desert, or fatty deserts like chocolate cake or pie, but like a slushie is fine. To some point it doesn't matter so much of how much you are eating, but what you are eating.
EAT AS HEALTHY AS POSSIBLE!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:10 AM
I rock hard dudeee. xD
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJalepeno View Post
I know it's nearly impossible, but if you really want to lose wait. Get off the computer all together or spend at the most an hour and a half on the computer or less daily. This will end up helping. What I used to do because I wasn't satisfied with my body and my athletic ability, was I made a 3 minute work out for myself, the work out involved a few ab excersizes, a fiew arm and chest excersizes and a few leg excersizes. Then everytime before I got on the computer I did this excersize. It really helps.

Also what did you throw up in athletics? I know this is a gross subject but sometimes when you throw up, it's a sign that you're working yourself hard which is good.
If you threw up food then it's good you probably quit, but should still be doing excersizes on your own.
If you threw up muscus or snot, it's probably fine because your lungs are just telling you that you've been working hard and should take a little breather.
I'm in the athletics class at my school and I throw up muscus almost every 1/3 days. But the nurse said that this is fine and when that happens I need to maybe jog the next lap when everyone runs it.

Also Chaelle really knows what to do when it comes to portioning your food.
Her methods that she has mentioned has worked for my family members.

As for dieting, when I was unhappy with my weight, you should simply not do desert, or fatty deserts like chocolate cake or pie, but like a slushie is fine. To some point it doesn't matter so much of how much you are eating, but what you are eating.
EAT AS HEALTHY AS POSSIBLE!
Well, I'm not a very good runner, and we had to run sprinting times. So like she says run this much in 8 seconds or something, and I can't make it and everyone gets mad at me because we all have to run again until we make our times. So it stresses me out....and I didn't really throw up anything, my mom said if I stayed there I would probably be pretty skinny. I regret that I quit now. I just don't like running..it scares me, unless I do it myself, without someone yelling at me. That's why I want to move, so I can do athletics again.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:15 AM
hollyjollychristmas (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketballFarrah View Post
Well, I'm not a very good runner, and we had to run sprinting times. So like she says run this much in 8 seconds or something, and I can't make it and everyone gets mad at me because we all have to run again until we make our times. So it stresses me out....and I didn't really throw up anything, my mom said if I stayed there I would probably be pretty skinny. I regret that I quit now. I just don't like running..it scares me, unless I do it myself, without someone yelling at me. That's why I want to move, so I can do athletics again.
I'm certainly not the best in Athletics either, in fact I'm probably one of the worst. But if she makes everyone run because you were slow, what I would have done was go up to the coach and say, "execuse me, I know I'm not very fast but I'm trying my best, and everytime I run, you make all of them do it over which makes them mad at me. I'm frustrated because I do my best, but then everyone else just get's frustrated at me when I'm already doing the best I can."

You can't say this if you weren't doing your best or pushing yourself. In athletics you have to make your body do things that your mind is telling you, you can't do.

Don't stive to be "skinny" stive to be healthy. Because many girls want to be "skinny" but the reality is that sometimes skinny is un-healthy. You should want to be at a healthy body weight, and a place were you'd be happy with. Many girls have a strong desire to be a toothpick which is quite un-healthy.

Just practice jogging around your neighborhood, maybe once you form a comfortable route through your neighborhood take out a watch. Or if you have a dog that isn't tiny run with them throughout your neighborhood, this makes me feel safe and makes my dog feel good and my dog loves to get a walk.

I'm in athletics and our coaches "yell" at us to, when were behind, but that helps me because it makes me kind of like a horseback rider whips his horse. It makes my mind tell me "faster! faster!" Which in turn get's me better times for track.

Ask your friends or family to do simple active things like go to a gym if you are a member of one. Or simply go through a walk at a public park.

In most cases running is mind over matter. If your coach tells you to go run a mile, your mind even though you might not know it, is telling you "Oh boy I'm running a mile. a mile."
Our coach did an excersize where you run for a small length of time, then jog for twice that amount of time. She told us to go until we dropped dead sarcastically. But my mind was fixed on "Jog.. Sprint! Jog.. Sprint!" That I didn't think about how far I was running. Then our coach said that we had run 3 1/2 miles. But I wasn't tired because, it's all in your head.
Your mind tells you things are harder then they actually are.

But I'm a boy so my situations may be different then yours.

Also, I find this quite strange, but lately I have a strange desire to constantly excersize, and when I'm sitting on the couch watching TV, or on the computer, I keep telling myself "hmm. I want to go for a jog." (Which is hard, becuase I broke my toe the other day, and my body wants to run, but it hurts soo bad.)
But that's just because for me, I find jogging/running thrilling and exciting, and fun. Although most people don't. I guess if you get to a point to where you can consider running fun, you'll find yourself much better in-shape.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Click Click Boom
Awards Showcase

Thenishall is floating through Inner Space
Lose weight, hmm, let's see:
Be active (run, whatever else you people do)
Eat tons of fruits and veggies
Stay away from fast food
Also, I recommend the chicken ceaser salads you can get pre-made at your local grocery store, YUM.
Also, in the words of our science teacher "You have to eat fat to lose fat"
You have to fat to lose fat.
Saturated fat=Good Trans Fat=Bad
Pretty sure that's how it goes.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:15 AM
I rock hard dudeee. xD
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenishall View Post
Lose weight, hmm, let's see:
Be active (run, whatever else you people do)
Eat tons of fruits and veggies
Stay away from fast food
Also, I recommend the chicken ceaser salads you can get pre-made at your local grocery store, YUM.
Also, in the words of our science teacher "You have to eat fat to lose fat"
You have to fat to lose fat.
Saturated fat=Good Trans Fat=Bad
Pretty sure that's how it goes.
I thought saturated was bad and unsaturated is good??
Old 03-15-2007, 04:01 AM
LOST junkie ♥

LittleBubbles is Buried in TreasureLittleBubbles is Buried in TreasureLittleBubbles is Buried in Treasure
Okay, well...you have seemed to have trouble with the competitiveness of the sports you play. It's stressful, aye? Try the more relaxing activities, like yoga or DDR. Just going on walks are great too! (However, don't go by yourself, since that's not safe...)

I got DDR in february, and I've played for an average of at least an hour a day (some days I've spent 3 hours playing, and some days I haven't played at all). I've also recently started lifting weights too. While watching TV, during the commercials I do crunches and sit ups (I sometimes try a push up, but I'm awful at those >_> that's why I'm lifting small 5 lb weights!).

But I still eat the same amount of food as before. However, it's even more healthy...for the most part. Here's my average schedule. (my sleep pattern is awful, which is a problem but...)

Wake up at 6:00/6:20 and have a banana, coffee, and some soy crisps (the coffee is more of like...a quarter of the mug is coffee, the rest is milk XD)
Go to school at 7:30ish
Eat lunch at 12:16-1:00 (it doesn't take me that long, but that's when I've got lunch at school), and my lunch consists of an apple, a bag of soy crisps, and a water bottle. Doesn't sound like a lot, right? Well, it fills me up, and I love the taste. Some people think I'm dieting, but I'm not...there's only so much I can take to school >_>;;
Get home at a time as early as 3, or as late as 5 depending on after school activities...I usually have a snack during after school stuff or just at home.
After that, I play DDR for an hour or so...maybe a nap after that.
I eat dinner at around 6-7.
I play some more DDR, take a shower, then eat an orange while watch some TV depending on the day...and during commercials, I do some sit ups and such.
I end up doing my hw late and going to bed at around 1 am, and start the cycle all over!

See, it seems like I don't eat too much. It fills me up though. I'm at my average weight, but I'm trying to get in shape (not lose weight). I'm currently 5'4" and 109ish, maybe 110 lb. I'm not too big or too thin, but I'm certainly not very fit.

Anyway, be sure to keep a balence of excercise and food. Get enough sleep too!

And DON'T DIET! Dieting only works for a short period of time. The weight will come back. If you adjust your lifestyle for a long period and adapt to it, then it'll keep you healthy and at the weight that is right for YOU

Be sure not to try and lose it all in a short period of time. It's unhealthy to lose that much in a few weeks. Remember, you're still growing, so respect your bodies needs.

GL!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:07 AM
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketballFarrah View Post
I don't know what the answer is, I didn't look at the thing, but it looks exactly the same, so it doesn't matter how big the plate is. Oh there's no need to worry about me throwing up in athletics, that's why I quit, I didn't want to get sick. But I can probably join again if I move to another school out of state soon.
It actually does, it fools the mind. Okay, it might work with some people.
~Chaelle

~Chaelle
Old 03-15-2007, 04:30 AM
I rock hard dudeee. xD
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBubbles View Post
Okay, well...you have seemed to have trouble with the competitiveness of the sports you play. It's stressful, aye? Try the more relaxing activities, like yoga or DDR. Just going on walks are great too! (However, don't go by yourself, since that's not safe...)

I got DDR in february, and I've played for an average of at least an hour a day (some days I've spent 3 hours playing, and some days I haven't played at all). I've also recently started lifting weights too. While watching TV, during the commercials I do crunches and sit ups (I sometimes try a push up, but I'm awful at those >_> that's why I'm lifting small 5 lb weights!).

But I still eat the same amount of food as before. However, it's even more healthy...for the most part. Here's my average schedule. (my sleep pattern is awful, which is a problem but...)

Wake up at 6:00/6:20 and have a banana, coffee, and some soy crisps (the coffee is more of like...a quarter of the mug is coffee, the rest is milk XD)
Go to school at 7:30ish
Eat lunch at 12:16-1:00 (it doesn't take me that long, but that's when I've got lunch at school), and my lunch consists of an apple, a bag of soy crisps, and a water bottle. Doesn't sound like a lot, right? Well, it fills me up, and I love the taste. Some people think I'm dieting, but I'm not...there's only so much I can take to school >_>;;
Get home at a time as early as 3, or as late as 5 depending on after school activities...I usually have a snack during after school stuff or just at home.
After that, I play DDR for an hour or so...maybe a nap after that.
I eat dinner at around 6-7.
I play some more DDR, take a shower, then eat an orange while watch some TV depending on the day...and during commercials, I do some sit ups and such.
I end up doing my hw late and going to bed at around 1 am, and start the cycle all over!

See, it seems like I don't eat too much. It fills me up though. I'm at my average weight, but I'm trying to get in shape (not lose weight). I'm currently 5'4" and 109ish, maybe 110 lb. I'm not too big or too thin, but I'm certainly not very fit.

Anyway, be sure to keep a balence of excercise and food. Get enough sleep too!

And DON'T DIET! Dieting only works for a short period of time. The weight will come back. If you adjust your lifestyle for a long period and adapt to it, then it'll keep you healthy and at the weight that is right for YOU

Be sure not to try and lose it all in a short period of time. It's unhealthy to lose that much in a few weeks. Remember, you're still growing, so respect your bodies needs.

GL!
I'm like as tall as you and weigh like 35 pounds more! I am fat...

Well this is my schedule....

Wake up 7:45 and get to school by 8:40ish.
Every other day I have P.E.
Have lunch at 11:25 - 12:00. I don't really eat anything...maybe a gatorade and chips..=/
I come home and actually have a lunch, it differs though.
Sometimes I feel like doing the treadmill for 15 minutes, but sometimes I don't.
Then I have dinner, that kinda differs too.
Then I have a full glass of chocolate milk.
Then sleep at 9:00.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:41 AM
LOST junkie ♥

LittleBubbles is Buried in TreasureLittleBubbles is Buried in TreasureLittleBubbles is Buried in Treasure
I can probably assure you that our bodies are different. :P I'm a complete weakling which is why I'm adjusting my lifestlye so just in case I need some strength, I'll have it. You're good at basketball. Also, I don't eat like...any meat, so I have to make sure I get protein in other forms, and protein helps build your body. If anything, I'm already a little underweight which isn't healthy. Aye, last year I was extremely underweight to the point where some days my ribs would stick out just because I was never hungry. Now? I'm growing more and I'm an eating machine.

But still, you can't compare yourself to someone else. My brother and I are so different. He has a speedy metabolism and can eat a bag of chips and sit there all day and not gain a pound. Me? I'd probably gain like 2 lb >_>;;; I have to work my weight off and he just...JKLGFJKGHSJFG! >_<;; Sorry, it's just frustrating, yknow...knowing that your brother got the high metabolism and you didn't D:

Buttttt, enough about me!

Back to you! Lol

I think you should definitely get breakfast in there. Anything will do--some orange juice, a banana, cereal, a cereal bar thingie...just get something into your system because you've gotta remember--the last time you ate was 12 hours ago. Studies have shown that eating breakfast DOES boost your energy and focus.

And instead of chocolate milk, maybe just normal milk?

But certainly, don't skip meals. You're just depriving your body of food, so that it ends up storing all the fat and using it in small instances because it thinks it won't be able to get food for a long time. Then, if you go ahead and eat a big meal, it'll all stay because your body doesn't realize that it is allowed to burn off that energy. So in order to lose weight, you need to eat so you have energy to work at it! If that makes any sense XP
Old 03-15-2007, 04:06 PM
hollyjollychristmas (:

If you are going to eat less, that's fine, but don't eat just chips and gatorade. That's going to do all the things the poster above said. So instead eat normal amounts, just eat healthy! That means no chips, unless their "baked" and gatorade does give you electrolites, which give you energy, but it also gives you sugar, which makes you dehyrdrate. So maybe stick with water, a fruit juice, or milk. Also try to steer clear of soda! I stopped drinking soda, and I feel tons more active.