Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Trading Post

Trading Post Arrange, Offer, Request Trading of Items, Pins and other things from Virtual Magic Kingdoms

Old SCAMS: Read this before you trade anything!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Check out my stories!

Shanniegina is as Frosty as a Snowman
What I ABOUSLTLY LOVE in trades now, is when you both click accept, a box comes up and says "Do you accept this trade?" That makes it REALLY hard to scam. And, staff trys their hardest to help players out, but imagine what it would be like with no proof. Everybody would be saying "I lost my inferno through a scam" even if they never made that trade. Then staff would give them inferno for nothing. They need proof that the player got scammed, and the player isn't trying to get somebody banned or gain more things. Staff trys their hardest, and it is REALLY hard to scam because the pop-up box that comes up when both players accept the trade.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:09 PM
Occassionally Nostalgic.

My Mood: VMK
Armygrl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
AND I recently lost pink princess shoes to [someone] (She said she would give them back and she was just trying them on, LIER!!!) But, I am sick and it was late, we all know what happens then. So, I reported after she left and after any tears were spilt. They said they would look into it. Then, I found out about the big sale. LOL!!! And, I traded for new ones.

And a question: How come when I post something in a thread, nobody posts a lot anymore? Am I hated or something? It feels, I dunno how it feels. It does not feel good is all I know. :'(

Last edited by MrGenie; 10-25-2005 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: flaming
Old 10-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Occassionally Nostalgic.

My Mood: VMK
Armygrl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanniegina
What I ABOUSLTLY LOVE in trades now, is when you both click accept, a box comes up and says "Do you accept this trade?" That makes it REALLY hard to scam. And, staff trys their hardest to help players out, but imagine what it would be like with no proof. Everybody would be saying "I lost my inferno through a scam" even if they never made that trade. Then staff would give them inferno for nothing. They need proof that the player got scammed, and the player isn't trying to get somebody banned or gain more things. Staff trys their hardest, and it is REALLY hard to scam because the pop-up box that comes up when both players accept the trade.

Sorry to double post, But:

They keep logs if I am correct so they can go back and read through whatever happened. So therefore, they would NOT get new Inferno. Staff would tell them they lied or something. I think...
Old 10-26-2005, 07:46 AM
Hi... Y r u reading this?

astrocaramel is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i never new u could trade codes
Old 10-28-2005, 02:34 AM
Registered+

WhatChaWnt is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I was scammed by a person called FarFetch.
If anybody knows this person please let me know.
Has been reported to VMK and they are looking into it, but got taken for some great stuff

Please keep your eyes peeled.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:35 AM
Registered+

WhatChaWnt is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Scammed! HHelp me find them

I was scammed by a person called [deleted].
If anybody knows this person please let me know.
Has been reported to VMK and they are looking into it, but got taken for some great stuff

Please keep your eyes peeled.

Last edited by MrGenie; 11-10-2005 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: flaming
Old 11-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Banned

QTskatergurl ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
how do you get icons by your name plz tell me
Old 11-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Who me?

Yapperh is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I f they wan to "test something" u test it for them. One example would be someone wanted to test my gold penny press so i put it in my room for them. this alows both sides to be at ease while trading.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:11 AM
Registered+

spbink is as Frosty as a Snowman
Today I saw two or three people running rooms called "Free stuff for the poor" or "Give free stuff for the poor". They said they were collecting stuff for the poor so please give any extra furniture or clothes, and they'd have a room to actually give stuff to the poor later. This seems like a scam to get lots of stuff without paying. I didn't see the actual giving to the poor rooms on the list later. (Also what makes a person poor on VMK? It's not like there are a limited number of credits. Go bang a boat around Jungle Cruise for a while and poof, you're rich again. But that's beside the point...).

Does anyone know the people running these? Was it actually a scam or were they really giving the stuff away again?
Old 11-12-2005, 03:37 AM
♪Muzika♪

MusicMusicalGurl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
They may have been giving stuff away. I saw a room called free stuff for the poor on the list or something like that. I went to go check it out. I found ppl there but the owner wasn't. There seemed to be not much going on. Just ppl looking for free stuff. As soon as I found out what was going on I left end of story. but you may have something.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:39 AM
VILLAINS' MONTH! MUAHAHA!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Appleson is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocaramel
i never new u could trade codes
actually, you can. you just pm it to the person you're trading with. however, i will admit that trading codes is a highly risky business and should only be done with people you absolutely positively trust
Old 11-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Wish it was CL_JainaSolo.

JainaSolo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I ran into someone just about 10 minutes ago on VMK in a falling chairs and this is what went down.

Trade Request (Although she never asked, I was nice and accepted).
Scammer: Do you have princess dress for trade?
Me: Yes, I have blue and gold for trade right now.
Me: *adds all pieces of both dresses into the window for her to pick between*
Scammer: *adds Pink Ariel Chest* **
Me:..
Scammer: It's rare!! It's a teleportation chair!
Me: Nice try
Scammer: What do you mean?
Me: It's not rare and is very cheap. Nice try.
Scammer: omg, but you can't buy that on here!

lol. Long story short, VMK got a nice little notice about this girl. Now I remember that I forgot to put her name in the box, so maybe I should re send it? lol.

**I checked the stores after, to make sure that you could still buy that chair there and it's 50 creds in the Small World Imports lol.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Registered+

bopper is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Mr Genie: perhaps you could add:

If you want to trade for a code, then you should do the following:
Have the person with the items give them to a trusted third party, like a Community Leader. The person with the code gives the code to the person who is trading the items. When the code is redeemed, the third party gives the item to the person who had the code.
Of course this is assuming that the person who receives the code is honest when verifying that the code works.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:11 AM
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

SpottedDog is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks so much!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:28 AM
Registered+

spbink is as Frosty as a Snowman
I guess a new scam (or maybe old) is to go around to everybody on your friends list and tell them you got scammed and are leaving VMK unless you get your stuff back.

This happened to me today with somebody who is on my friends list because I had promised to find him later to give him a prize (trade hadn't been working that day) and I never took him off. He started just saying how sad he was that he got scammed out of his inferno and that he just wanted to say bye because he was leaving forever. I asked him what happened, because I'm always interested to hear how something like that happens and also to show sympathy, and he said that somebody promised to trade him an Explorer's Tent through the fan site. He said the code didn't work and the guy ran off with his inferno, and also 'all his stuff' including a seagull hat. I told him that I didn't believe his story, because inferno is worth more than an explorer's tent room, and the tent room is definitely not worth both inferno, a seagull hat, and the other assorted stuff he claimed to lose. He then started in on the 'oh noes I'm going to leave unless I get my stuff back won't you be nice and give me something plz plz plz'.

I told him I was sorry he lost his stuff, but I didn't believe his story, and besides he should realize that trading codes is risky. He kept complaining and saying 'i'm leaving forever' (and yet was asking for my stuff), so I told him to have a nice life and I hoped he found another game he enjoyed more. It took about half an hour for him to leave. (I would have boot him but I found the whole thing kind of amusing.)

Anyways, watch out for that because not everyone will be as bad at lying as my "friend".