Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Space, Thunder and Splash Mountains

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Space, Thunder and Splash Mountains

I've been on space and thunder mountain, but never splash mountain. Do you think if I am able to not be afraid of Space and Thunder Mountain do you think I can survive Splash Mountain? I've always been intimidated(sp?) by it and I was wondering if I should be afraid or not. What do you think?
Old 05-18-2008, 06:13 PM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Space Mountain is a lot worse than Splash Mountain. Splash Mountain is so fun!

All credit goes to GG and her awesome siggy-making powers.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 

Born In Park
ok thank you, I'm going this summer
What else do you people think?
Old 05-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Some people might give an automatic "yes", considering Space Mountain is described as "a roller coaster-type ride in the dark with sharp turns, high speeds, heights, and sudden drops." They might reason that if you can handle that, you can certainly handle a little trip to the briar patch. However, none of the so-called "drops" in Space Mountain can compare with the granddaddy of all drops that serves as the climax on Splash Mountain. I know some people who can handle sharp turns and high speeds just fine, but absolutely hate the sensation of big, quick drop. Do you have any experience with rides that drop you a good distance in a short amount of time? Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, perhaps? Or the Maliboomer in Disney's California Adventure? If you can handle either of those with minimal discomfort, I'd definitely recommend Splash Mountain, as it's one of my favorite rides in the parks. It's lucky enough to have the wonderful (yet still unreleased) Song of the South as its inspiration, and the characters and songs are a lot of fun. The story's natural arc perfectly fits the format of a flume ride, and if nothing else, it's a great way to cool off on a warm, Zip-a-dee-doo-dah kind of day. Good luck with your decision!
Old 05-18-2008, 06:37 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Splash Mountain is really fun! There are small drops before the actual big drop to prepare you. Just be ready to get wet!
Old 05-18-2008, 06:40 PM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I believe that you will survive to splash mountain after you rode the space one
Old 05-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Rawr!
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Nerdy
PurpleAmy is floating through Inner Space
I have never been on Splash mountain, but i love Space and thunder mountain. I think it would be really fun, and you might get a little wet. And in the summer it would feel good!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Registered+

Mooshu has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraspingClaw View Post
Some people might give an automatic "yes", considering Space Mountain is described as "a roller coaster-type ride in the dark with sharp turns, high speeds, heights, and sudden drops." They might reason that if you can handle that, you can certainly handle a little trip to the briar patch. However, none of the so-called "drops" in Space Mountain can compare with the granddaddy of all drops that serves as the climax on Splash Mountain. I know some people who can handle sharp turns and high speeds just fine, but absolutely hate the sensation of big, quick drop. Do you have any experience with rides that drop you a good distance in a short amount of time? Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, perhaps? Or the Maliboomer in Disney's California Adventure? If you can handle either of those with minimal discomfort, I'd definitely recommend Splash Mountain, as it's one of my favorite rides in the parks. It's lucky enough to have the wonderful (yet still unreleased) Song of the South as its inspiration, and the characters and songs are a lot of fun. The story's natural arc perfectly fits the format of a flume ride, and if nothing else, it's a great way to cool off on a warm, Zip-a-dee-doo-dah kind of day. Good luck with your decision!
GraspingClaw's post is a good way to make up your mind.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:50 PM
If the boot fits..

TheRealPumpkinQueen is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
It's lucky enough to have the wonderful (yet still unreleased) Song of the South as its inspiration, and the characters and songs are a lot of fun. The story's natural arc perfectly fits the format of a flume ride, and if nothing else, it's a great way to cool off on a warm, Zip-a-dee-doo-dah kind of day. Good luck with your decision!
Not released in the U.S. ( I have a copy hehe)

Splash Mountain is Awesome if you don't mind getting wet. you know what they say... Everybody needs a laughing place. Go for it you will have a blast.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Trader

Satarma has disabled reputation
Quote:
I have to agree with you on determining whether or not you can handle Splash. I can ride Big Thunder and Space all day long, yet I can't deal with THE DROP on Splash. I adore the rest of the ride, but the drop just ruins the entire ride for me. My poor mother has to go on Splash all by herself because I'll ride it maybe once every 5 years or so. I just do not like that drop.

The first drop in Pirates actually gets to me too, but it's just barely manageable. Splash is not manageable at all for me.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
I love splashes. I haven't been to DLR and never been on ToT
I just dont like the whole huge drop. also Where is it best to sit on the ride if i'm nervous front middle or back?
Old 05-18-2008, 08:24 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Don't be afraid of Splash Mountain, it is quite fun! It is definitely worth it just to be able to see the wondrous attraction inside!

One thing I think you should do is ride it twice. The first time, you need to have someone ride it with you. And what they need to do is force you on. You may not have fun the first ride, but you will not be scared of it anymore. Then the second time you ride, you will enjoy it!

~Polar
Old 05-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant's Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pixieish
princesstinkgirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Splash Mountain is my favorite ride. I would say sit in the middle when you first ride it. Then if you really want to get wet, sit in the front . I am going to WDW in a few months and can't wait to get back on Splash Mountain.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Accountant has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satarma View Post
I have to agree with you on determining whether or not you can handle Splash. I can ride Big Thunder and Space all day long, yet I can't deal with THE DROP on Splash. I adore the rest of the ride, but the drop just ruins the entire ride for me. My poor mother has to go on Splash all by herself because I'll ride it maybe once every 5 years or so. I just do not like that drop.

The first drop in Pirates actually gets to me too, but it's just barely manageable. Splash is not manageable at all for me.
omg i am so like this too. I hate Splash Mountain last drop or any drop for that matter but I Love Love Love California Screaming, Rock and Roller coaster, Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountains.

I dont like the first drop in Pirates either but maybe Jacques has somethng to do with it when he told me it was splash mountain drop lol. he he he. Actually for real I think its the drop in water part that gets to me.

I will ride Spash maybe once every two to three years because I like the rest of the ride. The Theme and music are all great.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satarma View Post

Same here my mom has to go on it by herself because the rest of our family hates large drops, we can handle small drops and the kali river rapids drop but splash is too high. It could be because we are afraid of heights.