Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback

Site Feedback Turn your amp up to 11 and let it wail!

Old Are we done here?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:59 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Blue(I hate scrolling, so I am not quoting...): I don't know whether to be flattered or offended that you called me a beast. I beleive flattered? You know how to deal with me? You make me sound like a child.

I guess I have a hard time really accepting the idea of communicating with you all not in a forum manner. Things are still the same, just in a slower manner. I always get excited to see Stitchmad post because he had a stitch hat, has a plethora of rep, been here forever, and everyone knows him (I have a hard time getting rid of my vmk mentality). Stitchmad is our little vmkf celebrity. Akovia still posts about her latest interest. You always rant about something and talk about GPG. The occasional new member starts a "hello" thread and never comes back. The pink and purple girlies post about their girliness. Someone complains about the arcade. Batleth tells them no. EKB wrecks virtual havoc. Stitcho shows his superior Disney knowledge. Vivi is well….a good friend and a loyal member of vmkf. SoccerRyan is a beast at everything. LordIllidan has a brilliant plan to save vmk. I don’t want things to change because I love the way I have gotten to know you. I learned about your interests, your writing styles, your opinions, and so much more.I love hearing about Akovia’s new interest, your latest rant, or watching EKB wreck havoc. I can’t imagine vmkf any other way.
The forums for different ages would be an excellent idea, but it would require a great deal of modding. That is a lot to ask considering there are six forums. If there isn’t enough time to mod shout boxes, I doubt there is time for age forums. The fix for the problem? Duct tape? Or keep posting (don’t ask what there is to post about because I am not your mom), pming, emailing, and making friends. You’re smart, you’ll think of something.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:08 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Alright, before I respond, (before you log-off) I just want to let you know that yes I was complimenting that you are a beast hehe you're amazing And I know, saying "deal with you" haha I didn't know how to explain it... like I mean I know how your style of posting and sometimes the approach I take on an argument/discussion is changed based on who I have to approach. So yeah, like usually this rant would have been done by now, but you being a beast, and me knowing that, I have to go much further into depth. I'll respond to your message later, I just wanted you to see this before you signed off thinking I'm insulting you hehe

Edit: Oh darn your argument is epic, I'm gonna have to think about this for awhile... will edit again later
Old 01-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Hmm. Well, apparently, there's been some activity since my last visit~ 70 Posts? Snazzy.

Anyways, um. I don't really know what to say. I remember a long time ago when VMKF was at its glory and great stuff happened but guys, listen up: that was in the past. We have to move on and stop wallowing in our misery and GET OUT THERE.

Well, out there being making G-Rated topics that are recent and stuff.

Or, swap contact info and leave it at that. I really don't have much to contribute to this, do I? *flees*
Old 01-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I decided I shouldn't edit my post above, so Etna can actually see when I reply.

Okay, Etna your argument is amazing, it's really well said, sooo I guess you kind of beat me here. I mean, I was fighting the battle up-hill (trying to change the site basically) while you were just putting yourself on defensive mode to keep the site haha

I think the reason I wanted this, is because I am totally over VMK. Like, yeah I'd play it again if it came back, but right now, I don't even think of the game part of it. All that's left is this forums, and I jsut realized that I don't think of this as a VMK forums all the time, and just a forums haha. Also maybe another reason I wanted this is because I don't know any of you from the actual game VMK. I'm sure I'm in the same boat as others, but I don't know, I guess to me it's because my first experience with all you great people was on a forums and not a game. I don't know, I guess that's why I wanted it.

Anyways, I guess I'll stay, because I've been trying to slowly remove myself during this little debate, but clearly I'm not, I think I'm the top poster this month with something around 40. So clearly I am not done here But I will be continuing to talk in PM's and such as well, as I think that you can bond much more that way.

Thank you.

This is still open to debate if anyone else feels like commenting haha.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:39 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
You always rant about something and talk about GPG.
Funny how that works xD

And Blue, Etna's right. You'll never leave. You <3 it here too much.

And I haven't really been contributing at all to this site's post count lately. I've been soooooooo busy. Like, I just now saw this thread. I haven't had any free time for like a week. :/
Old 01-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
It's all good, you are in second place for the monthly count! But yeah I was wondering where you went

Off topic: does anyone know anything about polls? I tried to make one but it's nowhere to be found

Edit: Nevermind, I guess they have to be reviewed first, I didn't read that before hand haha

Last edited by bluedudeman; 01-29-2011 at 10:23 PM..
Old 01-30-2011, 02:12 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 

Born In Park
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Back in my early days, I would get a way too into my rants and go over the line. I just wanted to make sure I didn't. I would have felt horrible. So...yay I am a beast! I have never "won" a rant before, this is new and weird. Normally I just argue until we run out of things to say.

I can't blame you from where you were coming from. I feel the same way. When I talk about vmkf I always call it "the forums" because that is what it is. By now most of us have gotton over vmk to an extent. It is hard for me to completely abandon vmk because it is the one thing that brought all of us together.

I have run out of things to say. So Etna is out for now...
Old 01-30-2011, 02:17 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
Congratulations I think I'm like... 100-1 now in rants. Nobody ever beats me :P hehe but you were right here. Way to fight
Old 01-31-2011, 01:03 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Aww I wasn't mentioned above...

Anyways, I agree with what Etna says, we have our own little ring of friends on this forum. And we all like to see each other on.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:05 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Don't feel bad, acefredfred. You're totally important to our site. :]
Old 01-31-2011, 02:09 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
Everyoen has their important role
Old 01-31-2011, 02:41 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefredfred View Post
Aww I wasn't mentioned above...

Anyways, I agree with what Etna says, we have our own little ring of friends on this forum. And we all like to see each other on.
Well if I would have mentioned all of the things you do that are important or makes you special it would have taken years. You are all spectacular and the reason why I beleive in vmkf.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Is it my turn to post?

This fansite means so much to me that I can't even really explain it. I think Etna said it best when she was talking about the old everyday happenings on the Forums. Nobody has really ever put into words the experience of VMKF like Etna did up there in post #16. So if you still feel unclear about my feelings after reading this post, refer to post #16 for some guidance.

So wow, yeah, where do I begin? I started on this site...wow 5 years ago?? Only went on here to get spoilers for quests and advertise my latest "Inferno" offer (which was always an epic fail lol). Then around Jan. '08 I felt too absorbed and had to take a break, VMK had consumed too much of my mind, too much of my life. It was becoming more than just an entertaining escape, it was becoming my entire life.

So I stepped away until around May, when I learned of the announced closing. I won't get into that now because I feel like I've already posted that moment to death, so I'll just say it was pretty bad. Like Disney had stolen a piece of my heart. So from that point on I was relentless in my fight to "Save VMK," filled with the fire of an angry protester, trying to hold onto the magic. We tried. We gave it our all. And you know what? We lost. The powerful men in suits won, stealing our game and herding the displaced gamers into their other online games with the message, "See ya real soon!" But the fight didn't end there.

A lot of players were herded away into the other games. A lot of people from this site left. You would expect just about everyone to leave when the very foundation of a site gets destroyed. Who would want to stick around after the whole point of this website was gone? The answer? People who wouldn't take no for an answer. People who felt the magic of VMK inside their very souls, people who would chain themselves to that famous statue at Castle Forecourt before letting the bulldozers come in and take the kingdom away, people who found their only solace in this crazy, messed-up world in a simple online game. Those people were US. WE didn't give up! WE wouldn't let Mr. Wadsworth pull the plug on our pixels without a fight! WE simply could not accept the fact that our voices were too small, that we couldn't possibly make a difference in the decision of a multi-million dollar company! WE pressed on. And with every raindrop we let fall in our passionate storm against the oppressor, guess what? The ocean level rose. We made a difference. We showed every kid out there that if you have the courage to STAND UP for what you believe in, you truly CAN be heard.

Now today if you go to www.vmk.com, you will be redirected. It's gone. It's over. The company has moved on. But what we did in that year and perhaps even during the following year was truly remarkable and I am so proud of each and every one of you that simply stood up and said: "No."

That is what I will always hold in my heart from this site. The unbelievable will power of a group of kids and adults who kept fighting when the odds were slim to none. Much more exciting than any Super Bowl, if I do say so myself. ;]

Personally, I now spend time on other sites as I have moved on with my online gaming interests. There's a similar game to VMK that has captured my attention and that is where you'll find me. It may not have the magic that VMK had, but it sure comes close.

So do I see this site booming again? No. But could I imagine a small stream of posts from our tight little community about our memories together? Absolutely. In fact, that is what we're doing in this very thread. Of course, this thread would not be possible without a creator, so I must thank Blue for this. It's amazing that you won't give up; reminds me of the old rant section back in the summer of '08. Good times, my friend, good times.

Well I hope this makes up for a couple of months of postlessness. Congratulations, you made it to the end of my post. You win the satisfaction of completing something.

EDIT: Oh, and bonus points if you read that really big fourth paragraph.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I always get excited to see Stitchmad post because he had a stitch hat, has a plethora of rep, been here forever, and everyone knows him (I have a hard time getting rid of my vmk mentality). Stitchmad is our little vmkf celebrity.
Oh shucks. Please, give my ego a break!
In all seriousness though, I do know where you're coming from and I couldn't agree more. Everyone here forms VMKF as it is at present; it's like a jigsaw puzzle building up a bigger picture.

I can't help but think about my poor lil' Stitch Hat now I've read that, either

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen
Back in my early days, I would get a way too into my rants and go over the line.
I was so childish with some of the rant threads I made and it really is quite odd to look back on myself and see what I was like. I don't regret them, because I obviously wanted to do it at the time.. but I must admit they're a bit.. weird
Old 02-09-2011, 05:27 AM
← They Call Me Polo
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Morose
poloshia is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Oh dear. Not a day goes by without me sighing about my poor VMK. This is a place of sadness for me.