Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Return 2 Zero Fired At Disney Hollywood Studios

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:14 AM
Go Donald Duck!!!!!!!!!!!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Exasperated
Bobray is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiefairy View Post

That was kind of rude.. I didn't insult YOU or anyone individual in my post. I was just kidding anyway.. even though it is the way Di$ney thinks.
I really don't care that much about the chicken thing. I just think that Di$ney should understand that some people do feel strongly about it. It's also not just me who is not in support of Di$ney.
Why would Iger talk to a kid? He didn't even READ my e-mail.
Please don't be rude.

It's too bad about the opening show thing. What changes come next?
Well, that makes perfect sense! (in sarcastic voice). You're telling me that it's okay for you to make fun of my opinion, but it's totally rude for me to make fun of your opinion. I totally quoted yours, but said it in my opinion, to show you how much that post hurt me. You were the one being rude to me and everyone who agrees that Disney is not in it for the money. Answer me this question, would you rather be bankrupt and lose money, but don't even care, or would you rather be a successful business and actually make a profit? What would you do as the owner of Disney? Flush money down the toilet so you can make everyone happy for a promotion that happened three years ago?
Old 10-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
Keep Moving Forward. That's what disney is about these days.
Yes, but if you forget about the past, always look to the future,and don't learn from the past history will just repeat its self. As for bobray, I don't think she was intending to upset disney fans, she meant towards disney not towards it's fans. Last time I checked disney fans don't represent the company.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:

How Di$ney thinks:

Robert Iger: Money Money Money!
Secretary: Mr. Iger, you have a call. It's a child who want's to speak with you about Disney's future.
RI: Money!
S: Okay, I'll put him on.
Kid: Mr. Iger, I really thing Disney has stopped caring and is too money concerned. I mean, chicken NUGGETS!?
RI: Money!?
K: But it's the magic that matters, Mr. Iger, not the money!
RI: Money!!!!
K: Magic!
S: Mr. Iger, it's time for your swimming lessons in your solid gold money pool!
RI: MONEY!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Iger is not Mr. Krabs he is a person like you and me.
I dislike the idea of them getting rid of the show, but thats their decission.
As for the chicken my mom had to point out they changed the chicken for me to notice it.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:25 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

...could be taken two different ways. If you're referring to the disastrous Michael Eisner, than yes it would apply. But if you're looking back to when WED Enterprises was pulsing with imagination, designing innovative rides like Horizons, it would be inapplicable.
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 10-05-2008, 05:52 PM
IamAmerica n' So can you!

CaptainHilts is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobray View Post
Okay, none of the changes are a big deal. Chicken tenders to chicken nuggets isn't the end of the world. It's not even as bad as Arby's changing their french fries to curly fries. As for the Princess Botiques, almost every girl I saw was wearing those dresses, so I think they must love it. And for the Disney stores, the stores aren't owned by Disney. They were owned by a children's store company called Hoop Retail. However, recently Hoop Retail was thinking of selling the stores back to Disney ( or so I've been told). And canceling the opening act doesn't ruin the whole Beauty and the Beast show. I think it all depends on your opinion, but I think these changes are necessary. You have to make changes once and a while, or else you'll never progress forward, you'll just be stuck in the past.
I completely agree with you we all most progress in this newer disney. as walt disney would say Keep Moving Forward.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:15 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
LOL! I told my mom and she got all sad!LOL!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:34 AM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Okay, none of the changes are a big deal. Chicken tenders to chicken nuggets isn't the end of the world.

Maybe not to you!! I loved those things!!! And now~ at French Market at Disneyland, no more fries? I was there in July, and they had 'em. Then, two weeks later I went, and they weren't... Disney is being a bunch of cheapos!!! Like there was this teacher at my school~ she had this umbrella, she had the tag on it.. We said she'd use it, then take it back and get her money.. But now the tag is gone...[B][I][U] Its a sad day, when chicken strips go to nuggets..

Last edited by Jezzi; 10-07-2008 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: reply to deleted post
Old 10-06-2008, 03:24 AM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!
While the idea of Disney laying off the Beauty & The Beast cast for HSM stuff is both criminal and unsurprising,
I'm suspicious of the source since it seems unlikely Disney would actually tell the actors that rather than make something up.

Gallery Profile - Disney's Online Worlds Wiki - Userpage
Old 10-07-2008, 01:17 AM
is singing :D
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Creative
DinoVan is covered with ConfettiDinoVan is covered with ConfettiDinoVan is covered with Confetti
Paying the HSM 3 cast? WHy would you pay them? I HATE HATE HATE HATEEE that movie! Why would you get rid of a classic for horrible fake actors who are stuck up? Stupid stupid disney, i cant believe they did this. First chicken now beauty and the beast.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 

Born In Park
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVan View Post
Paying the HSM 3 cast? WHy would you pay them? I HATE HATE HATE HATEEE that movie! Why would you get rid of a classic for horrible fake actors who are stuck up? Stupid stupid disney, i cant believe they did this. First chicken now beauty and the beast.
I hate that movie just as much as the next person, but if little kids enjoy it and since companies are tight for money these days I understand why they had to cut return to 0. Plus unless you've actually met the actors in person you can't call them stuck up.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Go Donald Duck!!!!!!!!!!!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 

My Mood: Exasperated
Bobray is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
While the idea of Disney laying off the Beauty & The Beast cast for HSM stuff is both criminal and unsurprising,
Just to be clear, Disney took out the opening act to Beauty and the Beast, called Return to Zero, not the whole show.

Are these all of the things that make you think of Disney? Do you think the whole Disney company is just a bunch of chicken nuggets or an opening act? These are small changes in an amusement park visited by millions of people around the world. Let me guess, next you're going to complain that they took down the second lampost from the right of the Splash Mountain ride entrance or that the shrubs in the Magic Kingdom were trimmed differently. These are such small things compared to the rest of the Disney parks. Cheap? I don't think so. Disney made these actions for specific reasons in the best interest of the company. For health concerns, Disney changed chicken tenders to chicken nuggets. For spending on HSM3, Disney took out Return to Zero. Probably because they thought they would get more money and audience out of HSM3 than Return to Zero. Who knows, maybe Disney will bring back Return to Zero after HSM3 has been paid off. Is missing Return to Zero seriously going to ruin your whole trip to Disney World?

And don't tell me you don't want change. Without change, there wouldn't even be a Return to Zero opening act in the first place.
Without change, there would just be Disneyland in California. Without change, we wouldn't have all of the parks or resorts we have today.
Without change, more recently, we wouldn't have Expedition Everest, the new and improved Spaceship Earth, the Laugh Floor, Toy Story Mania and many other rides.
In fact, if Walt Disney didn't make any change at all, we'd be stuck with a mouse called Mortimer! How are we supposed to cheer for the Mortimer Mouse Club? M-O-R, T-I-M, E-R-M-O-U-S-E?
Even further, without change, we'd be stuck with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Change is necessary.

Without it, we're only as far as we were the last time we changed. You may say, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." That's exactly right. If you don't change from the past, you will be doomed to repeat it over and over and over again. If you don't change, you will just repeat what's already been done. New ideas lead to new changes. Yes, taking away Return to Zero may seem like a horrible change, but without changes, we wouldn't have what we have today.

Last edited by Jezzi; 10-09-2008 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: contraversial topic
Old 10-09-2008, 03:13 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Don't forget, guys, the economy's in the toilet. I don't believe there's a sector that hasn't been affected. I'm not surprised Disney's cutting corners. Projects are being postponed left and right. (According to a certain source, the only things that are moving forward are SM's overhaul and, for sure, a Hall of Presidents overhaul.
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 10-09-2008, 07:58 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
Quote:

How Di$ney thinks:

Robert Iger: Money Money Money!
Secretary: Mr. Iger, you have a call. It's a child who want's to speak with you about Disney's future.
S: Okay, I'll put him on.
Kid: Mr. Iger, I really thing Disney has stopped caring and is too money concerned. I mean, chicken NUGGETS!?
RI: Money!?
K: But it's the magic that matters, Mr. Iger, not the money!
RI: Money!!!!
S: Mr. Iger, it's time for your swimming lessons in your solid gold money pool!
RI: MONEY!!!!!!!!!
LOL ROFL that made me laugh for some weird reason..

anyway..... yeah i agree wit dis thread

(more moshpits of arguments whee...)

Old 10-09-2008, 08:00 PM
The Bandit Of Birthdays

BirthdayBandit is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Just to be clear, Disney took out the opening act to Beauty and the Beast, called Return to Zero, not the whole show.

Are these all of the things that make you think of Disney? Do you think the whole Disney company is just a bunch of chicken nuggets or an opening act? These are small changes in an amusement park visited by millions of people around the world. Let me guess, next you're going to complain that they took down the second lampost from the right of the Splash Mountain ride entrance or that the shrubs in the Magic Kingdom were trimmed differently. These are such small things compared to the rest of the Disney parks. Cheap? I don't think so. Disney made these actions for specific reasons in the best interest of the company. For health concerns, Disney changed chicken tenders to chicken nuggets. For spending on HSM3, Disney took out Return to Zero. Probably because they thought they would get more money and audience out of HSM3 than Return to Zero. Who knows, maybe Disney will bring back Return to Zero after HSM3 has been paid off. Is missing Return to Zero seriously going to ruin your whole trip to Disney World?

And don't tell me you don't want change. Without change, there wouldn't even be a Return to Zero opening act in the first place.
Without change, there would just be Disneyland in California. Without change, we wouldn't have all of the parks or resorts we have today.
Without change, more recently, we wouldn't have Expedition Everest, the new and improved Spaceship Earth, the Laugh Floor, Toy Story Mania and many other rides.
In fact, if Walt Disney didn't make any change at all, we'd be stuck with a mouse called Mortimer! How are we supposed to cheer for the Mortimer Mouse Club? M-O-R, T-I-M, E-R-M-O-U-S-E?
Even further, without change, we'd be stuck with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Change is necessary.

Without it, we're only as far as we were the last time we changed. You may say, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." That's exactly right. If you don't change from the past, you will be doomed to repeat it over and over and over again. If you don't change, you will just repeat what's already been done. New ideas lead to new changes. Yes, taking away Return to Zero may seem like a horrible change, but without changes, we wouldn't have what we have today.
I actually really loved that lamp post alot...and the shrubs were actually beautiful as opposed to their new look. However, while change is of the essence to survival you are kind of blowing things out of proportion because everything changes, but some things too soon. As for your historical quote I would like to counter by saying "History repeats itself." This is such a true statement. While it sounds like I am agreeing with you, I am not. If you look deeply into the meaning, I am saying that all of these changes will continue getting worse and worse repeating themselves. While you may blame the economy, disney is such a corporate giant, keeping a four man group wouldnt have affected things. There are enough merchandising for the first two High School Musicals to fund the third. Before you tell me that those might not have done well, then they shouldnt of even taken on the task of a third movie. While change is good in some aspects, if it occurs too soon then bad things may occur.

Last edited by Jezzi; 10-09-2008 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: fixed quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Yay quotes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobray
I agree and besides since they were so popular and noticed it won't be too long before they get another job.
Quote:
Are these all of the things that make you think of Disney? Do you think the whole Disney company is just a bunch of chicken nuggets or an opening act? These are small changes in an amusement park visited by millions of people around the world.
Yes, but when I didn't sweat the small changes(when disney started changing epcot), they eventually added up to much that it was the size of one park. Disney got rid of cranium comman, food rocks, dreamfinder, and many other awesome attractions. When disney ruins a park after changing a bunch of little things it starts to worry you when disney makes changes. As for the chicken nugget thing, some people do come to the parks to eat their favorite foot their. If the only reason they went their was to eat their awesome chicken tenders they would kind of upset, dont you think?
Quote:
Let me guess, next you're going to complain that they took down the second lampost from the right of the Splash Mountain ride entrance or that the shrubs in the Magic Kingdom were trimmed differently. These are such small things compared to the rest of the Disney parks
I loved that lamp post, that is where I first met mickey mouse.
Quote:
For health concerns, Disney changed chicken tenders to chicken nuggets.
Can you please answer my question this time? How come suddenly after several years of serving the chicken tenders they suddenly did cook all the way through? And if they were giving people food poisoning wouldn't it have been all over the news?
Quote:
Even further, without change, we'd be stuck with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
Oswald the luck rabbit was way cooler then mickey.

Quote:
If you don't change from the past, you will be doomed to repeat it over and over and over again. If you don't change, you will just repeat what's already been done.
I'm confused, didn't you just repeat the same thing over again?