Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion > VMK Ideas and Suggestions

VMK Ideas and Suggestions VMK Ideas and Suggestions - Discussions about your ideas for VMK

Old How to Keep it Rare and Release it to All

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
How to Keep it Rare and Release it to All

Once again the no-win argument of re-releasing things has come up with the Princess Dress Blue and boy's Crown. All of you that bought it with the hopes of holding onto something you could eventually trade up with are dissapointed. (Been there). Of course those that did not save ahead of time or are new feel it's GREAT when they get another chance at something that you planned ahead for.(I know new players had no idea).
Here is how you make both sides happy and it's very simple. COLOR! By just changing the color of previous releases and not bringing out past colors you can still maintain the rarity of an object but not deprive others from eventually buying it too.
I know it's not a new idea and things of a different color already have different degrees of rarity in VMK (rockets/explorer/beta items...).
I just wish going forward we would see maybe a Purple Princess Minnie Hat instead of living in fear/waiting to trade everything away to get a hat that could be released again for no reason. What's next Princess dresses being released in Nemo month?
Old 07-29-2007, 05:05 PM
June 2nd 05 - May 21st 08
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Smilie Winners Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Author
coolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
i undertsnad what your saying! i love your idea!

but for the rare part, vmk was made to have fun, not to be " the rarest in the kingdom"
Old 07-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolJamz View Post
i undertsnad what your saying! i love your idea!

but for the rare part, vmk was made to have fun, not to be " the rarest in the kingdom"
Everyone has their own thoughts of what is fun -
Some play games,
Some make rooms,
Some follow friends around,
Some like to trade...
To each their own.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:13 PM
June 2nd 05 - May 21st 08
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Smilie Winners Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Author
coolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
yeah, but the reason most people leave, is because vmk is " losing there magic" ( which i think isn't a very good reason to leave :l ) is because all people care about is tarding for rare virtuals.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:13 PM
<3 VMK <3

Sapphire Starglimmer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I agree 100% mrmyth.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
that's a good idea, but I didn't know princess hats were rare. I have a spare and I barely wear one as it is.

Is it worth as much as stitch?
Old 07-29-2007, 06:16 PM
░░░░░░░░░░░░

VIP
My Mood: Adventurous
PinkPinkNicole is spinning in a Cursed Storm
not as much as stitch, i believe it's second rarest after that
Old 07-29-2007, 06:40 PM
whatevs.

moviedude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think this is a great idea. I'm living in fear right now that they're about to re-release the minnie hat. then every new girl will be wearing it, and the hat will become worthless. I know it's not all about rare and whtever, but it's nice to have something that not EVERYBODY has.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
My other thought with pins is if they release them again, give them a different color border.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:47 AM
PurpleMonkey/Scimmia
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 1

PurpleMonkey is floating through Inner Space
Me personally, I find items with different colors to be different items. For example, a lot of my friends have the pink beret, but some of them don't have a black beret. What's the difference? Well, the black beret is nicer for boys IMO and goes great with my look as opposed to pink.

I am still up with VMK to release different color items.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:56 AM
A Marker that is Orange

Orangemarker is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I agree with this idea. I, personally, only want the Backwards Trucker Cap(Flip Hat) because it looks awesome, I wouldn't care if it was in a different color.

Plus, some people love to trade. It's their passion. It would be kind of heartbreaking to trade a bunch of items for a hat and then have a bunch of Guests wearing the hat the next day.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:58 AM
&lt;- Bard

Bubblesparkle is as Frosty as a Snowman
I agree with this idea 100%, now I have to admit, I was one of those people who was bummed when I missed an item, but then it was re-released. But still, the idea of old items being on sale again is killing it's value. Not only that, but some VMKers traded a lot of items to get a few rarer items, only to find that the items they traded for are going to be re-released in the next few weeks. VMK should STOP THE MADNESS, and maybe post a poll so everyone has their say if an item is to be re-released...just my 2 cents.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:09 AM
Formerly known as C.lo

See.low is spinning in a Cursed Storm
What a fabulous idea mrmyth. It rewards those of us who have put in our time at VMK, yet it also gives new players fun items too.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:34 AM
Registered+

My Mood: Mischievous
Aislynne is spinning in a Cursed Storm
yeah great idea

im all for the other aspects of vmk too, but I am also a fan of trading and the problem with rereleaseing is basically only a problem to traders... like I know a lot of my friends traded lots of rare for their rocket couches..some even worked hard and traded a lot of good rare stuff to get all colors...then to find out that vmk has rereleased them again, and for so little credits!! well all I can say is that they were bummed and disheartened for all the time and effort they spent trading for those items..
Old 07-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brer_Nick View Post
that's a good idea, but I didn't know princess hats were rare. I have a spare and I barely wear one as it is.

Is it worth as much as stitch?
Minnie Is Like Really Really Really Rare