Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old Disneyland Upcomming Ride Events, and Nemo Ride Pictures

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Gribbles the Fribbles!

Gribbles is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Disneyland Upcomming Ride Events, and Nemo Ride Pictures

Here is a list of rides that are going to either be closed for maintenance or refurbishment.

Disneyland
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds closed August 28 - November 22 for complete refurbishment. **A long waited for update**
  • Haunted Mansion closed September 5 - 28 for installation of Haunted Mansion Overlay.
  • Golden Horseshoe closed September 5 - October 6 for refurbishment, kitchen update, and menu change. No word yet on what will be done with Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show during closure.
  • Snow White - An Enchanted Musical ends September 4. Last performances ever will be on this date. No replacement show has yet been announced.
  • Disneyland Railroad closed September 18 - 22 for unknown reasons, probably general maintenance.
  • Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is currently under construction and will open sometime in 2007.
  • Gadget's Go Coaster closed beginning October 2 for approximately six weeks. General maintenance with no ride changes expected.

Disney's California Adventure
  • Francis' Lady Bug Boogie closed June 17 - July 13 for general maintenance. Still closed for unknown duration.
  • Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular dark beginning September 11 for about a month. Rumors of permanent closure appear unfounded as new cast members have signed contracts through April 2007.
  • California Screamin' closed October 2 - 5. Everybody was expecting a long maintenance closure so this information is suspect at this time and will most likely eventually be changed to show a multi-month closure.

Paradise Pier Hotel
  • Yamabuki closed July 31 - September 8 for complete refurbishment.

Finding Nemo Ride Pictures

Note: Refurbishment schedules are estimates only. All information is subject to change without notice. All information in this post was given to the public by MousePlanet.com
Old 07-20-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm Here To Help!

timmyastro is spinning in a Cursed Storm
ty for the info even though i already know

Ive Moved on!

I play World of warcraft now:
Server1: Blackwing Lair
Side: Horde
User: Timpyroz

Server2: Suramar
Side: Alliance
Users: Timpyroz And Goldshire

I'd be glad to chat if you play!
Old 07-21-2006, 04:42 AM
Smile, your on camara
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

camara is spinning in a Cursed Storm
isnt the pictures for the submarine voyage?
Old 07-21-2006, 04:49 AM
Zero

PirateMario is as Frosty as a Snowman
Yes! Now My dad wont make me ride the matterhorn when we visit! ( I've never ben on it >_<) anyways, thanks for the info!
Old 07-21-2006, 05:02 AM
I'm Here To Help!

timmyastro is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateMario
Yes! Now My dad wont make me ride the matterhorn when we visit! ( I've never ben on it >_<) anyways, thanks for the info!
matterhorn is not so bad lol

its not rough also its quite fun

Ive Moved on!

I play World of warcraft now:
Server1: Blackwing Lair
Side: Horde
User: Timpyroz

Server2: Suramar
Side: Alliance
Users: Timpyroz And Goldshire

I'd be glad to chat if you play!
Old 07-21-2006, 05:06 AM
Zero

PirateMario is as Frosty as a Snowman
okay thanks! I might ride it if its not closed when we go!
Old 07-21-2006, 06:35 AM
Registered+

sugarpixy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The matterhorn goes down for a few month every year, normaly right after summer or christmas. I woudlnd expect anything too majior from a 3 month update.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:54 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caterpillar AEIOU
A Guest group is suppossed to be in the Hyperion Theater.
( where aladdin usually is)

I heard it was going to be Blue Man Group, but that MIGHT not be true.
That would be cool! When would this be, and for how long?
Old 07-22-2006, 04:33 AM
Gribbles the Fribbles!

Gribbles is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpixy
The matterhorn goes down for a few month every year, normaly right after summer or christmas. I woudlnd expect anything too majior from a 3 month update.
This is a complete refurbishment it has been confirmed by cast members. This is kind of like what they did to Space Mountain. It will be completley updated.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:15 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribbles
This is a complete refurbishment it has been confirmed by cast members. This is kind of like what they did to Space Mountain. It will be completley updated.
Exciting! The newly updated Space Mountain is great!

But Space Mountain was closed for years for that refurbishment. For how long will they be closing the Matterhorn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caterpillar AEIOU
I just got it today...
The Snow white show will be replaced by a new show called....
The Princess Training Academy.

The Club Buzz Show will be replaced by ....
The Jedi Training Academy.

Separating the girls from the boys... not going to make it easy for families with both!
Old 07-26-2006, 05:38 AM
Passholder Since 1992!

Nintendo_DualScreen ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyastro
matterhorn is not so bad lol

its not rough also its quite fun
It's just a bit bumpy on the turns though.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Friend of Daisy Buchanan

GreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribbles
Actually, the Space Mountain update was not "complete" and was a half measure. They changed the decor, painted the track black, and increased the speed. Nothing else.

They had planned to tear out the track and create a whole new ride, but they would not have been done in time for the 50th, which was the goal.

I'm not sure what they plan to do with the Matterhorn (maybe put another Pixar character in it?), but they already did a complete refurb last year to comply with OSHA needs and to replace major portions of the track, so this news about another refurb is a little confusing.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:38 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGatsby
I'm not sure what they plan to do with the Matterhorn (maybe put another Pixar character in it?), but they already did a complete refurb last year to comply with OSHA needs and to replace major portions of the track, so this news about another refurb is a little confusing.
Maybe they're planning on improving the basketball court. From what I hear, it's in sad shape.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:42 AM
I Am Jaekizzle In VMK

SuperJaekizzle is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I bet they are going to put the pixar monsters inc yet in it.. aka abomidable snowman
Old 07-27-2006, 09:37 AM
On The Air!™

figmentisback is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Actually, the Space Mountain update was not "complete" and was a half measure. They changed the decor, painted the track black, and increased the speed. Nothing else.

They had planned to tear out the track and create a whole new ride, but they would not have been done in time for the 50th, which was the goal.
The attraction closed in 03... and reopened July 15, 2005... It was a complete rebuild of the old track.... (Well, one lift might be old..) The old track was not safe, and had to be removed.... I am sure about this....

Quote:
Um.... Every year they replace chunks of the track to keep the ride safe and operational... it is not a full renovation, just a good one... the attraction only went down last year for minimal time, so this year it is going down for more time to do more work...