Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip

Disney Gossip Disney related topics/non-VMK related

Old Fans mad at Miley?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:48 PM
#1 Hannah Montana Fan!

BelieveInTink is spinning in a Cursed Storm
You really can't blame Miley, I mean what else could she do? I think it was a smart idea. It's just a double, it's nothing to be mad about. It's not wasting money (to me) because at least you actually get to SEE Miley at a point in the show. Be thankful!

~Tink
Old 01-21-2008, 09:37 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Yeah! I would've been angry if the double was out through the whole show.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:45 AM
Year of a Million Dreams
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Wishful
TheDisneyFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soufriere_Hills View Post
how long was the imposter on for?
You really can't blame Miley, it's very difficult to change from Hannah to Miley. It's not a waste of money if it was only a minute! Those fans should just be grateful that they got to see her, and be able to go!

~Disney
Old 03-31-2008, 05:38 PM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
its true

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteDeeBlue View Post
OK, I didn't write this, but I found this online!

Giving her fans the best of both worlds is apparently too much for Miley Cyrus to handle on her own.

The singer, who performs both as herself and her Disney Channel alterego on the sold-out tour, was accused in an OK! magazine report this week of using a body double during a brief portion of her show.

"When it got the to bridge of the song 'We Got the Party,' her dancers began to crowd around her," one concertgoer told the magazine.

"Then they covered her with a black sheet and she went through a secret door. Within a second, a new 'Hannah' came out of a different door wearing oversized white glasses. The whole time this was happening Miley's vocals were still playing. The new imposter had her back turned while she danced, trying to hide that fact that she was not Miley Cyrus. At this instant I became very suspicious."

"Needless to say I was furious!" the irate fan added. "I paid good money to see the concert. I was disappointed and I felt like I was played for a fool."

In the wake of the report, a rep for the Hannah Montana star confirmed that Cyrus does indeed rely on body double for a brief part of her set in order to allow her to transform from Hannah back into herself.

"To help speed the transition from Hannah to Miley, there is a production element during the performance of 'We Got the Party' incorporating a body double for Miley," the rep said in a statement.

"After Hannah has completed the featured verse on the duet with the Jonas Brothers, a body double appears approximately one to two minutes prior to the end of the song in order to allow Miley to remove the Hannah wig and costume and transform into Miley for her solo set.

"Other than during this very brief transitional moment in the show, Miley performs live during the entirety of both the Hannah and Miley segments of the concert," the rep added.

The 15-year-old singer has been on the road with her wildly popular Best of Both Worlds tour since October and recently extended the trek through the end of this month. She's slated to wrap things up in Miami on Jan. 31.

i saw a video of it online . its true -_-
Old 03-31-2008, 06:10 PM
Official Disney Princess!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Born In Park
My Mood: Disney
DisneyDesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
She did that to get dressed into Miley! That was pretty cool I didnt even notcie I was Like wow How did she do that
Old 03-31-2008, 09:26 PM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
i would wait till the end of the song
Old 07-21-2008, 05:22 AM
♥OCUPC♥

TomorrowAlpha is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I agree with KrazyLuke. Have yall even read what he has said? Or do you just look over it, and stick to your own closed-minded opinions? I can understand if you don't agree with something, but at least try and accept other people's opinions too!

She isn't wonderwoman! For goodness sake, she can't just say "Abracadabra" and automatically change. She does need TIME. The "imposter" was only on for half a minute, will not having Miley up there for 30 seconds rip your heart out? Will it be a total waste of your money? I have this strange feeling that if she did indeed take the time to change after the song (and make everybody wait,) the exact same people would still be complaining about it. I don't think it would be a "Best of Both Worlds" concert if there was no Hannah Montana, or no Miley Cyrus. No matter what happens, there is always going to be somebody who ain't happy.

TA

Click here to visit my totally awesome UP, and please leave a shout!
Old 07-21-2008, 05:26 AM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Its kinda stupid. The imposter was there 30 seconds and people get furious? She's changing!! Its no big deal.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:36 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Fluffy
Brave_Bloom_Kiari is Buried in TreasureBrave_Bloom_Kiari is Buried in Treasure
Well, No offence Miley Fans!!
I Think That's Bunk.
People Pay GOOD money to watch these,
And All They see is an imposter.
I Would Be Mad. Im Mean,
She can get busy In All...
But People Give Money To See Nothing.
I Would be really angry!
Old 07-21-2008, 05:42 AM
has Left the Building
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

DiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their head
actually, it is a big deal because all those people who pay all their money and actually fight for the Hannah Montana tickets, aren't getting what they paid for. It means she doesn't sing live. She could have done the song live, got off stage right after it, and while she's changing, the Jonas Brothers would have preformed a song...

I'm saying this to people who don't understand why this was on the news... yes, she has to be Miley and Hannah... "WHAT's THE BIG DEAL!!!!! SHE'S CHANGING!!!" I would pay 1000 dollars for good Hannah Montana tickets to see her LIVE not just to see her move her lips to a special pre-recorded song just for the concert... No offense to any HM fans but I think it wasn't worth seeing if she is just going to lip-sync...
Old 07-21-2008, 05:42 AM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Born In Park
My Mood: Artistic
PMFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
for like a few seconds ( no offence people who feel like if they would be ripped off ) and if you went to the concerts after the 1st leg: No Double! Everlife and Aly and AJ sang 3 songs instead of 2 songs that the Jonases Sung, giving Hannah More Time To Go Back into Miley Mode :-D
Old 07-22-2008, 02:21 AM
has Left the Building
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 

DiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their head
oh yeah my friend went to the HM and Aly and Aj one... I guess after that who incident, they changed it...
Old 07-22-2008, 02:27 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Happy
~LOGiCALVMK~ is as Frosty as a Snowman
when i heard about this, i wasn't angry... how do you expect her to change that fast? and it was basically at the end of the song for a little while, and then the jonas brothers performed anyway. i was there, and i didn't even think about it ! ( although i thought, why is she wearing sunglasses?! lol:] )
Old 07-22-2008, 02:34 AM
has Left the Building
Awards Showcase

But still, you expect a live in concert performance and what u get is lip-syncing
Old 07-22-2008, 03:43 AM
-Insert Title Here-
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Procastinating
SonicBoom is as Frosty as a Snowman
I would get angry, if it was a different artist.
Double life, its a new idea...
Besides... it mite have been just those few songs?
Idk...