Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Updates/Changes

Site Updates/Changes Information from the admins about changes to VMKF's site and content.

Old Server Issues: Update

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Busy
Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!
Server Issues: Update

Believe everyone knows we had some server issues back a couple of months ago during one of our monthly maintenance cycle. This issue has caused us to suspend using our server to host any new files for the time being. Nick has been working on repairing any damage and looking for a long term fix.

Nick has decided that it's just time for us to obtain a newer server. Something larger and faster to carry us into the future before our older server gives out. It's been having some problems for years. Nick has had to do more and more tweaking for it to hold up to the higher volume of traffic that we've been getting. He's looking at new servers and deciding which one would be the best for us as well as cost effective. Once he has bought a new server, he'll begin transferring our sites to the new server. There will be an interruption of service of our sites during this process. I'll do my best to try to inform everyone before sites are taken down during this process but I'll know more later as Nick gets closer to doing this.