Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old Pictures Of You

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Pictures Of You

I looked around, sinking down into my seat, my ears red in embarrassment.
"Why me," I moaned as Mr. Davy began to read my essay.
"If I were to choose a song for my life, it would be 'Pictures of You' by The Last Goodnight." Mr. Davy started as the snickers were thrown across the room. I bit my lip, before I could say anything I would regret later.
How did I end up in this sticky situation?
Let's go back two weeks ago.
-
"Vanessa Hikaru! Get down here this instant!" my mother, Riley called, in a tone that made tigers look like kittens. I dropped my iPod Nano in shock and gulped.
"Be right there," I yelled in response.
"NOW!" she screamed. I put my Nano on my desk, which was untidy and catastrophic as usual and hurried down the stairs.
When I arrived my mother looked at me with her rain forest green eyes, that mirrored my own, her slender hand on her hip. Riley's hair was in a messy bun, frazzled probably by her screaming.
"Yes Riley?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest. Riley was my step-mother.
"Do not address me like I'm your equal," she snapped. "What is the meaning of this?" Riley waved an envelope furiously. I on the other hand was jubilant.
"OH MY GOSH! That's my scholarship information for NYU!" I say, now reaching for the letter, only for Riley to deposit in her pocket.
"Yeah right, when there's no air and sun you're getting this." Riley said, sneering.
My jaw dropped.
"WHAT?! I worked my whole high school life for that! You can't do this!" I cry, attempting to get the letter.
"Too bad. If you manage to get the house cleaned up by eight, maybe you can see it." Riley laughed and turned on her designer heel and clicked away.
I checked my watch, it was already six. This was impossible. I still had Pre-Calculus homework, a Sociology of Media project that was due tomorrow, and I had to make supper!
"I'm doomed." I muttered as I slumped my shoulders and began to trek up the staircase toward my step-mother's room. I was sooo going to fail.

Chapter One: Society Living
I slipped into Riley's master bathroom, and looked at myself in the mirror. I grabbed a hairband and put my sleek, raven black hair into a high pony tail; it was always getting in my way. I turned around and grabbed a huge basket and began to work. Riley's room was like a battle zone; completely crazy. I took her dirty laundry first and put it in the basket, then took out the trash, and finally made her bed. I found her puppy under the mess, July.
"Aww, poor July," I cooed to the terrier spaniel pup. July whimpered and I put her down. July scampered away; probably to find something to eat, the poor thing.
First of all, before we continue my story, let me tell you WHY I'm stuck with Riley in the first place.
I live in New York City, Riley was my step-mother by default; she had married my dad, Derek who was currently in Antarctica with the penguins on a research trip. Riley was more of a 'shop till you seriously drop' kind of person. She worked at the highest paying magazine on the whole entire planet, 'LA Chic'. I had a sister, her name was Nao, but she was in college. In Japan.
Now, we can go back to the cleaning of the dirtiest room invented.
"OH MY GOSH!!! EWW!" I screech as I find a rotten pizza with some socks on top of it; they weren't clean. "How does the woman live with herself," I mutter as I pull some gloves on and a mask; to protect myself from the hazardous material. I ditched the trash into a waste bin.
Finally, two hours later, I was finished. I eagerly checked my watch to find out that it was nine. My jaw dropped, I bit my lip, and tears began to stream down, I hated Riley. She knew I wouldn't be able to finish by eight. I walked out of the wicked witch's room and stumbled to my own. It was painted a neon green color, accompanied by a black trim. I had a spacious bay window that overlooked New York City. I sighed. I was probably going back to Daytona after this.
Daytona, Indiana, you know, home of the Indy 500? Yeah, I was born there. My mom still lives there. And I'm probably going to end up there as a busboy at the local restaurant. I flopped onto my bed, which was covered with a black silk comforter and buried myself between the pillows. I needed to finish my homework, I was hungry, confused, and disappointed. In myself.
What was I going to do?
The Next Day.
I woke up to screaming. That's not something you usually want to wake up to in Riley Nevada's house.
"VANESSA!" Riley screeched through the intercom. I rolled toward the west wall near my door and tiredly pushed the button to answer back.
"Yes?" I asked wearily.
"Come down here this instant! I need you to pull the weeds, clean up the kitchen, take out the trash, and clean the pool!" Riley sneered and she clicked off. My jaw can't handle more drops, I was numb.
What was she thinking?! That I didn't have school to get too?! I shook my head and walked angrily toward my bathroom. I took a shower, got dressed into my school uniform, black and blue plaid skirt, white button down, a black and blue plaid tie, with my favorite Converse boots and I put my hair into a messy bun with some chopsticks to add a little Japanese flair. I turned around and laughed, coldly and humorlessly. I wasn't doing my chores today; I was going to school and arrive on time.
I looked outside my window, no Riley in sight, and climbed down the fire escape with my black Hurley messenger bag on my shoulder. I finally reached the bottom and ran as fast as I could toward the bus stop and waited impatiently.
"Come already," I muttered, checking my watch. It was seven thirty. Where was the bus?!
A moment later, it arrived. The bus driver opened the doors and I dashed madly, and made my way toward the back rows where my best friends were seated; Violetta Rosette and Sameer Fife.
"Oh my gosh! Van!" they greeted, making room for me.
"How'd you get away from the evil stepmother?" Violetta asked, looking at me in concern. I had bags under my eyes that I unsuccessfully tried to hide with concealer.
"You look like you got run over by a bus," Sammeer decided to mention. I gave him an icy glare and rolled my green eyes.
"Shut it Sammy, you have no right to say that, since you probably finished all your homework." I snapped.
"Someone's not so happy. Speak up," Violetta said, giving a glare to Sammeer, who shrugged.
"I didn't do any of my homework, and that's the fifth time this week! I'm going to be kicked out of Sociology of Media, and if that happens, I can't go to NYU like I want to!" I cried, looking at the floor. Violetta sighed.
"Van, take a chill pill. Call your dad. Tell him that you want to move in with me, and voila! Problem solved!" Violetta beamed. I shook my head. "That's won't work V, because Riley would probably make an excuse on how she'll miss me or whatever. Anything to crush my chances of getting into NYU." I sigh.
This wasn't going to be fun.
Chapter Two: What Goes Around...Hits You, Making You Fall Flat On Your Face.
As I was walking down the halls of Amaraylis Prep Academy; which was founded by the Amaraylis family. APA was a school for rich kids, smart kids on scholarships, or kids that have been kicked out of every other prep school in the east coast.
I usually have fast reflexes. But even my cat-like reflexes weren't fast enough for the video tape that came flying toward the back of my head, knocking my flat on my face.
Violetta and Sammeer where right next to me in a nano-second.
"Van! Are you okay?!" Violetta cried, checking if I was hurt.
"Ouch..." I groaned, rubbing my head. Sammeer chuckled but after the dark glare I gave him he shut up.
"Yeah. Peachy." I muttered, getting up. "Sam, go get an ice pack. RUN." I seethed as Sammeer ran toward the nurse's office.
"Guess Little Miss Perfect got thrown off her high horse," a voice sneered. Oh no, not now, not today...PLEASE!
"We don't need your opinions on this Zoe." Violetta snapped. Brave girl.
"Really, you don't? I think my opinion matters on your low lives." Zoe Spruce grinned, placing her hand on her hip.
That was when Zachary Spruce decided to make an entrance.

A Short Bio on Zachary Spruce
By: Van Hikaru
Zachary Spruce was a natural blond, his hair like sand on a beach. Pristine and perfect.
His eyes are clear cerulean, sometimes hitting cyan when he smiles.
His sister is my worst enemy.
He is seventeen and headed to NYU, wanting to be a Producer.
Sigh oh sigh.

I other words; I pretty much was head over heels for him.
We both wanted to go to NYU, he as a producer, me as a director.
Maybe he can produce my movie...?
Oh my gosh; that would be perfect.

"Zoe, what did I tell you about bullying other students?" Zachary's voice was serious, his eyes glaring icily at his twin sister.
Zoe flipped her identical blond hair, grinning impishly. "Me? Please Zachary, I would never do that. I was giving them my honest opinion on their outfits; which rock." Zoe said this almost perfectly until she realized that we were all wearing the same outfit.
Zachary facepalmed, laughing darkly.
"Wow Zoe, I would believe you. If we didn't go to a prep school in Manhattan."
Zoe gulped. She was usually under Zachary's good graces but when she did something bad...
Zachary wasn't so lovable anymore.
"Ugh; what-eh-vah." Zoe said brattishly, knowing full well she had lost this fight. "Lah-ter losers."
Zoe clicked her Chanel clad heels away, furious.
"Sorry about my sister; she's such a drama queen." Zach rolled his eyes, shrugging. "I'll see you later; I guess." Zachary walked off his Vans shuffling away.
"Oh my gosh. Zachary Spruce totally told off his twin!" Violetta gasped, her eyes wide as dinner plates.
I grinned. Today was going to be okay.
I thought.

Chapter Three: AV Club
I usually liked AV Club. Technically it was a class but who wants to get all technical?
AV Club is pretty simple to explain; it's a club where we learn about film, audio, visual effects, backgrounds...the list goes on!
Okay; maybe AV Club isn't that simple.
Well, it's my first class of the day and today I begin to wonder why I liked this class.
"VANESSA HIKARU!" Mr. Davy barked, glaring at my arrival.
"Yes Mr. Davy!" I responded, standing up straight, my hand flung in a salute. What was his problem?
This only made him more furious. "You dare mock me Miss Hikaru?"
"I'm not mocking anyone Mr. Davy!" I cry, my eyes growing wide. I couldn't get in trouble; he was my ticket into NYU.
Mr. Davy only scowled and turned his back to me. "Get to your seat Miss Hikaru."
I didn't need to be told twice. I slipped into the nearest seat, around the middle of the classroom; next to me was my friend Heather DaFain.
"Hey H, wake up!" I hiss, and Heather shakes her head slowly.
"Huh, what?" she manages to get out, along with other incoherent noises. "Oh hey Van."
"No time, wake up and get ready for class, Mr. Davy is out for everyone today."
"Hooray."
"Shut up Heather."
Heather shrugged and rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She leaned back on her seat, slipped her Quiksilver shades over her garnet eyes and went back to sleep.
"Today is a free period." Mr. Davy got interrupted by cheers from the students. He gave them a frown and cleared his throat. "It's a free day today because of the two week project I'm making you guys do."
"Aww! What no way!"
"That's so not fair!"
"How much is worth?"
Mixed responses were received; I on the other hand was pretty much stoked. I loved two week projects.
Heather groaned. "Ugh; remind me why I'm even here."
"Because no other class here would take you in." I snicker. Heather slapped my shoulder. "Ow."
"Anyways; this project is revolved around your life. Pick a song and describe why your life connects with that song. Pretty easy. Begin planning." Mr. Davy went back to his desk.
I began to brainstorm songs.
Forever and Always? Nah, country here is like a third world country. Here We Go Again? No. The whole student population would probably get me for using something pop. Hmm...AHAH! Pictures of You by the Last Goodnight!
I was set. Here at APA people lived for music. Music for them is in the categories of:
A) Rock
B) Alternative
C) Metal
D) Soft Rock
E) or anything like that.
Pop and Country were barley tolerated here. But if someone caught you listening to Rap or Hip-Hop; they would eat you alive.
Another reason APA was so different from other Prep schools on this coast. Vienna Amaraylis herself usually makes an appearance here.
"Class dismissed." Mr. Davy dismissed up and I got out of my chair.
Heather waited for me, her iPod earphones already cranked up. "Let's go!" Heather's voice was loud, since she couldn't hear herself.
"Kay." I replied, and we made our way to brunch.

A Short Biography of the life of a student at APA
By: Van Hikaru
Here at Amaraylis Prep Academy, the school serves two meals.
One is brunch, a combination of lunch and breakfast.
The second one is dinner. Our classes start from eight to seven.
Our uniforms are supposed to be messed with; it's in the handbook.
If you're royalty of some sort, you have an advantage here.
If you're not; you're usually left to climb the ladders by yourself.

You think high school is hard? It's worse at Amaraylis Prep Academy.

Chapter Four: Isn't Brunch Just Peachy?
I arrive at the cafeteria, lunch tray slamming on the tables (made exclusively by Anthropologie) to the surprise of Violetta and Sammeer.
"Hey Van; you don't look so great." Vio looks at me, concern in her violet (figures) eyes.
"I'm fine Vio, really. Just Mr. Davy gave us a huge project."
Vio sighed. "But I thought you loved big projects. They're like your main obsession; besides pumpkin pie."
I snort at her remark. "Shut up; you're not supposed to say anything about pumpkin pie."
Heather decided to join us at that moment. "You mean the time when Van ate about four pumpkin pies straight during Sam's Thanksgiving party?"
I glared at the black haired girl who shrugged and rolled her dark red eyes.
"Whatever. You never prohibited me from talking about that party." Heather grinned coyly. Sam snickered.
"It's not fair! Stop ganging up on me!" I whine, as Vio, Sam, and Heather chuckle under their breath.
Zoe and Zachary Spruce enter the scene, take center stage. Zoe has her blond hair into a messy bun, Zachary has his hair messy and windblown, captivating the attention of half the female population. Including Heather.
Information on Heather DaFain
by Van Hikaru
Heather has been one of my best friends since forever. She knew me in Daytona actually. She moved to New York around the same time I moved, so it was typical that we would continue to be friends. Heather was a rebel, she rarely did work; but aced her tests without even trying. She slept during class, caused a ruckus, and was pretty much every teacher's worst nightmare. So how did she get into Amaraylis Prep? Vienna Amaraylis herself saw talent in her.
Vienna thought Heather could have the potential to become a guitarist. Or a bassist; depending on Heather's choice. Heather's only here because of that golden reason. So Heather plays the bass in the school's electronic orchestra. Heather has other friends besides me. They go to a different school, boarding school on the West Coast. I've met them once and immediately became friends with them. We were so...similar.

I looked at my lunch tray as Sam, Vio, Heather, and other students chatted casually. I took my bagel and spread some cream cheese and bit into the bread. It was amazing. I took a sip of orange juice and then forked a piece of omelet. A pro at Amaraylis Prep? The delicious food.
I glanced across the sea of students eating, and my eyes caught the blond hair of Zachary Spruce. His sky blue eyes were gazing at the ceiling, a small smile on his face, Zoe chatting about other stuff that he wasn't interested about.
I felt a pull to go sit next to him but decided it wouldn't end up pretty.
Vio caught me staring.
"Oh my gosh; you're thinking of sitting next to Zachary Alexander Spruce??" her mouth was pretty loud; thanks Vio. Now the whole school knew.
The gossip queens turned around, they sat about one table away from the Spruce twins and the news began to fly.
Rumors spread at Amaraylis Prep like wildfire.
My face heated up as Zachary looked at me, his face red. I looked down at my food, and slumped down.
Oh my Gosh. Even Zach couldn't look at me.
Zoe on the other hand was on battle trail. She glared at me icily.
Yeah; Brunch was usually peaches and creme.
-
How did you like it? Comment and Criticize please (:

Last edited by Vivi; 08-22-2009 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Added More; Go me.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:00 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I like it! Very well written!
Riley's an evil stepmother, eh?
Does she have two stepsisters?!
IS IT LIKE CINDERELLA?!
I LOVE CINDERELLA! -squeal-
xD Keep writing!
Old 07-25-2009, 02:44 PM
♥vίvίαη/∂ιž♥
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Disney
Dizney_Princess is as Frosty as a Snowman
omgg More More More!
Lol agreed with the post above ^^
Its like cinderella
Old 07-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 

Nah, she doesn't have two evil stepsisters xD she has one sister. But more of that's to come later.
Thanks for the comments (:
Old 07-25-2009, 04:00 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Sweet chapter!
Riley's cruel...I knew Vanessa could never finish in time.
What a jerk. -.-
Write more! Please! It's addicting...
Old 07-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Official Disney Princess!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Born In Park
DisneyDesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It's amazing!
I love it!
I know its the same but I was thinking more of Another Cinderella story...?
Write more!

Credit goes to Friez! Iloveit Thanks!
Old 07-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase

Yeah, the whole Riley/Scholarship/and cleaning is from Another Cinderella Story.
But that's where all the similarity end heehee (:
Old 07-26-2009, 12:59 AM
♥vίvίαη/∂ιž♥
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 

Born In Park VIP
More More More!!!
Seriously it's awesome. Lol
Old 07-29-2009, 03:55 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase

added a bit more (:
Old 07-29-2009, 11:58 AM
♥vίvίαη/∂ιž♥
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
omg :O
that's awesome
awww i feel bad for vanessa D:
can't wait for chapter 2!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
moremoremore! [:
Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase

Moremoremoremoremore... XD This is great, poor Vanessa, though! Riley is a witch!! >.<
Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 PM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 13

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
M
Mo
Moa
Moar
Moar!
Moar!!
Moar!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 03:50 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase

I added a bit moreee. xD
Hope that calms the urge to read xD
Old 08-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase

Bump!!!!!!!
(: