Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Return 2 Zero Fired At Disney Hollywood Studios

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:52 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobray View Post
That's Di$ney? I hate Di$ney. Luckily, however, there's Disney!

How Disney thinks:
Mr. Iger:Magic Magic Magic!
Secretary: Mr. Iger, you have a call. It's a child who want's to speak with you about Disney's future.
Mr. Iger: :Let me talk to him.
Secretary: Okay, hold on.
Kid: Mr. Iger, I hate the company because nothing is happening the way I like it. I mean, if I want chicken tenders instead of chicken nuggets, I should get it.
Mr. Iger: Disney makes our decisions for the best of the company and the world. Not just because a few kids can't get their way and blame it on "Disney's only in it for the money" thing. We make our decisions in the interest of a bigger audience than just you. Other people like the decisions we make very much. And if you don't like one or two these decisions, we have many other things that you might like instead.
Kid: I still think that the decisions should be made in my interest.
Mr. Iger: No, it should be made in the world's interest.
Kid: Me!
Mr. Iger: The world!
Kid: Me!
Mr. Iger: The world!
Kid: Fine, I'll just say Di$ney's only in it for the money on VMKF.
(no offense to anyone, but this is how it looks to me)
I believe you confused Michael Eisner with Bob Iger. It's all about the money, but that's not how it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
Yay quotes!

I agree and besides since they were so popular and noticed it won't be too long before they get another job.

Yes, but when I didn't sweat the small changes(when disney started changing epcot), they eventually added up to much that it was the size of one park. Disney got rid of cranium comman, food rocks, dreamfinder, and many other awesome attractions. When disney ruins a park after changing a bunch of little things it starts to worry you when disney makes changes. As for the chicken nugget thing, some people do come to the parks to eat their favorite foot their. If the only reason they went their was to eat their awesome chicken tenders they would kind of upset, dont you think?
Believe it or not, EPCOT saw major attendance problems way back when. Now, it's the 6th most popular park in the entire world. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th were also claimed by Disney Parks. I never visited WDW before the Millennium Celebration, so I missed out on all the good stuff: Horizons, World of Motion, Journey Into Imagination, etc. Am I upset that they changed all of this? Not as much. This was necessary, as kids and teens wanted to see less of hydroponic plants and more thrills. There are less of you guys who appreciate the detail and theatrical bliss that is the Disney Parks. It's really sad that most of the things that make Disney great are overlooked by ignorant teenagers. I applaud all of you for appreciating this. However, that demographic is ever-shrinking, and Disney is forced to cater to a larger, cheaper, crowd.

Quote:
I loved that lamp post, that is where I first met mickey mouse.

Can you please answer my question this time? How come suddenly after several years of serving the chicken tenders they suddenly did cook all the way through? And if they were giving people food poisoning wouldn't it have been all over the news?

Oswald the luck rabbit was way cooler then mickey.

I'm confused, didn't you just repeat the same thing over again?
I'm not sure what to say about the nuggets/tenders, so I'll stay out of that. But Cluck-U chicken strips are the greatest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobray View Post
Just to be clear, Disney took out the opening act to Beauty and the Beast, called Return to Zero, not the whole show.

Are these all of the things that make you think of Disney? Do you think the whole Disney company is just a bunch of chicken nuggets or an opening act? These are small changes in an amusement park visited by millions of people around the world. Let me guess, next you're going to complain that they took down the second lampost from the right of the Splash Mountain ride entrance or that the shrubs in the Magic Kingdom were trimmed differently. These are such small things compared to the rest of the Disney parks. Cheap? I don't think so. Disney made these actions for specific reasons in the best interest of the company. For health concerns, Disney changed chicken tenders to chicken nuggets. For spending on HSM3, Disney took out Return to Zero. Probably because they thought they would get more money and audience out of HSM3 than Return to Zero. Who knows, maybe Disney will bring back Return to Zero after HSM3 has been paid off. Is missing Return to Zero seriously going to ruin your whole trip to Disney World?
True, but it's the little things about the Parks that make folks like me love 'em. I could totally see where they wanted to cut corners, but this maybe Four for a Dollar wasn't the best choice.

Quote:
And don't tell me you don't want change. Without change, there wouldn't even be a Return to Zero opening act in the first place.
Without change, there would just be Disneyland in California. Without change, we wouldn't have all of the parks or resorts we have today.
Without change, more recently, we wouldn't have Expedition Everest, the new and improved Spaceship Earth, the Laugh Floor, Toy Story Mania and many other rides.
In fact, if Walt Disney didn't make any change at all, we'd be stuck with a mouse called Mortimer! How are we supposed to cheer for the Mortimer Mouse Club? M-O-R, T-I-M, E-R-M-O-U-S-E?
Even further, without change, we'd be stuck with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Change is necessary.

Without it, we're only as far as we were the last time we changed. You may say, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." That's exactly right. If you don't change from the past, you will be doomed to repeat it over and over and over again. If you don't change, you will just repeat what's already been done. New ideas lead to new changes. Yes, taking away Return to Zero may seem like a horrible change, but without changes, we wouldn't have what we have today.
I don't think the removal of Four for a Dollar is as much change as it was a cost-cutting measure.
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 10-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Go Donald Duck!!!!!!!!!!!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Exasperated
Bobray is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
As for your historical quote I would like to counter by saying "History repeats itself." This is such a true statement. While it sounds like I am agreeing with you, I am not. If you look deeply into the meaning, I am saying that all of these changes will continue getting worse and worse repeating themselves.
What is so bad about Dinsey's history? Disney's history was probably even better than it is today. What do you mean by the changes getting worse? I think these changes keep getting better and better. So I hope with my heart that history repeats itself for Disney's sake!

Quote:
As for the chicken nugget thing, some people do come to the parks to eat their favorite foot their. If the only reason they went their was to eat their awesome chicken tenders they would kind of upset, dont you think?
What I'm trying to say is, if you go to Disney World just for the food and then find out your food was taken away, would you seriously cancel your whole trip to Disney World and fly back home without even going on one ride or even entering the park? One type of food in like five amusement parks is not the end of the Disney company. The point I'm trying to make is that the Disney theme parks are so big and so numerous, that there's bound to be one change you dislike, but even still, it doesn't totally stop you from going to the park altogether.

Quote:
Can you please answer my question this time? How come suddenly after several years of serving the chicken tenders they suddenly did cook all the way through? And if they were giving people food poisoning wouldn't it have been all over the news?
The health concern may not have been as drastic as to cause sickness. I mean, it could have been just like if you order a pink burger. Or, standards for health concern may have changed and Disney had to change it altogether. Another reason could be that the new chicken nuggets were all around better for you than the old chicken nuggets. For whatever reason, it was for the best of the customers.

[/quote]Oswald the luck rabbit was way cooler then mickey.[/quote]
You're joking, right? Have you ever heard the phrase, "It all started with a mouse?" The whole business was started and is mainly based upon Mickey Mouse (although I prefer Donald Duck). It's your personal opinion, but I mean, Mickey's been there from the start. Disney wouldn't be Disney without Mickey (or Donald Duck).

Quote:
I'm confused, didn't you just repeat the same thing over again?
I restated the same thing in a different way. But this is just another example of what irks me. In the rant section, it doesn't prove any point when you point out a contradiction or grammar mistake. For instance, if somone wanted to prove apples are better than oranges and a person says, "Apples are better. They are so much better than oranges," pointing out the repetition doesn't make anybody think oranges are any better than apples. It just doesn't have any way of making a point.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzietropics View Post
I believe you confused Michael Eisner with Bob Iger. It's all about the money, but that's not how it happens.

Believe it or not, EPCOT saw major attendance problems way back when. Now, it's the 6th most popular park in the entire world. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th were also claimed by Disney Parks. I never visited WDW before the Millennium Celebration, so I missed out on all the good stuff: Horizons, World of Motion, Journey Into Imagination, etc. Am I upset that they changed all of this? Not as much. This was necessary, as kids and teens wanted to see less of hydroponic plants and more thrills. There are less of you guys who appreciate the detail and theatrical bliss that is the Disney Parks. It's really sad that most of the things that make Disney great are overlooked by ignorant teenagers. I applaud all of you for appreciating this. However, that demographic is ever-shrinking, and Disney is forced to cater to a larger, cheaper, crowd.

I'm not sure what to say about the nuggets/tenders, so I'll stay out of that. But Cluck-U chicken strips are the greatest.

True, but it's the little things about the Parks that make folks like me love 'em. I could totally see where they wanted to cut corners, but this maybe Four for a Dollar wasn't the best choice.

I don't think the removal of Four for a Dollar is as much change as it was a cost-cutting measure.
Thank you, I was just using Epcot as an example,but I believe you get the point with that example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobray
What I'm trying to say is, if you go to Disney World just for the food and then find out your food was taken away, would you seriously cancel your whole trip to Disney World and fly back home without even going on one ride or even entering the park? One type of food in like five amusement parks is not the end of the Disney company. The point I'm trying to make is that the Disney theme parks are so big and so numerous, that there's bound to be one change you dislike, but even still, it doesn't totally stop you from going to the park altogether.
I ment the locals who go their twice a week.
Quote:
You're joking, right? Have you ever heard the phrase, "It all started with a mouse?" The whole business was started and is mainly based upon Mickey Mouse (although I prefer Donald Duck). It's your personal opinion, but I mean, Mickey's been there from the start. Disney wouldn't be Disney without Mickey (or Donald Duck).
Actually it all started with Oswald if you watched one man's dream or look at any basic page when you google something along the lines of "Oswald the Lucky Rabbit" or "the history of Walt's success", you should get something.
Disney drew Oswald in 1927 and the rights to oswald were tooken away(or stolen if you prefer) so Walt drew up Mickey as a replacement. Mickey's was originally called Mortimer mouse until Disney's wife told him she thought it was a poor choice.

Quote:
I restated the same thing in a different way. But this is just another example of what irks me. In the rant section, it doesn't prove any point when you point out a contradiction or grammar mistake. For instance, if somone wanted to prove apples are better than oranges and a person says, "Apples are better. They are so much better than oranges," pointing out the repetition doesn't make anybody think oranges are any better than apples. It just doesn't have any way of making a point.
I was just confused, I was asking you to eleborate. I was confused on how you worded it and trying to figure out what you meant before I started arguing with it.