Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old How can someone miss VMK so much, still??...

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:17 AM
.:{ ♥ Understanding ♥ }:.

My Mood: Disney
PrincessKairi12 has disabled reputation
Exclamation How can someone miss VMK so much, still??...

I started playing VMK when young. I fell in love with it. Every single day I waited & waited to get back from school to play & see my friends, explore, & enjoy the magical feeling I received while playing the game. I would just fall head over heels again if someone told me they were bringing back VMK. All my closest friends I met on there, I still speak to & we're really pretty close for only having met on VMK! Actually, I'll take that back. VMK was not just a game to me, it really was & still is so much more than that. It was like another home & I have such an emotional attachment to it. I know there are plenty of you out there who feel just like I do.. I really hope one day VMK will be back. I've adored Disney all my life & if one thing I know is certain, Disney makes your dreams come true. If only they would make our dreams come true & bring VMK back! Does anyone else sit there & think about all the good times? Playing pirates, snapping pictures with friends, trading, setting your room up or even connecting rooms with the Monsters Inc portal doors? The DC monster, the constant events, enjoying all the holidays VMK would be decorated for? I pray VMK will return. I really do! Do you?

[♥] Beautiful Tragedy [♥]

Last edited by Jezzi; 11-18-2011 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: Personal Information/Personal Relationship Discussion
Old 11-19-2011, 04:25 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I do sit and remember, sometimes. I am WAY over the fact that it's closed. Not that I'm happy about it by any means, but I've accepted it. VMK is closed. I can say those three words without having an emotional breakdown. But, I do miss it. And yes, I do wish it would come back. I loved playing pirates, I loved trading, I loved spending time with my friends. . .sigh, memories.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:35 AM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
Yeah, I miss it too. But think of it this way, Walt Disney once said:

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. "

So even though VMK is gone, it just leads to more opportunites for all of us in the future.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:06 AM

Well, I know... I've accepted that it's closed but at the same time I really yearn for it to reopen. I understand Walt wanted us to move forward but that's just it. We could have really moved forward with VMK! I felt it had such potential to be so much more for Disney fans! For those folks who don't live near any Disney parks, for those who just wanted to have Disney right in front of their face for free while they visited with their friends. Instead they come out with other online worlds that I find nowhere near as appealing as VMK ever was.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:44 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKairi12 View Post
We could have really moved forward with VMK! I felt it had such potential to be so much more for Disney fans! For those folks who don't live near any Disney parks, for those who just wanted to have Disney right in front of their face for free while they visited with their friends. Instead they come out with other online worlds that I find nowhere near as appealing as VMK ever was.
I know, right! VMK was such a great game already, think of all the other things they could have done with it! The potential!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I still miss it as well. VMK was a world unto itself and imagination was it's catalyst where we all met together and enjoyed a small piece of Disney Magic in the comfort of our own homes. Many of the people, places and Host on VMK will be dearly missed.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

VIP
My Mood: BadMood
garfieldboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yeah i get cravings to play vmk. That game was my live.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:18 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
uh yes, i miss it... and every time i think of it, i log on here, just like today! LOL

Old 04-14-2012, 11:38 PM

I'm still missing it.... T___T

Old 04-15-2012, 06:05 AM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
Same here, that's why I still visit here to look back.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Bizzlebits Haha
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
Baconbits is floating through Inner Space
I try to move on as best as I can.

It was so long ago. I grew up with you guys and I'll never forget that. VMK offered me joy like nothing else. Its similar to loving someone but being forced to forget about them, even though neither of you wanted to. Its a shame. I keep logging back on here to check and see if anythings going to happen. There still is hope, always will be too.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:48 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

VIP
My Mood: BadMood
garfieldboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I grew up playing VMK. It was really sad to see it go. All the friendships I had are gone. I still come on here to see if there's going to be hope.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Amuzed
rapby60 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
We all miss it, having vmk was a good time in my childhood. I honestly do hope it comes back
Old 05-26-2012, 02:26 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
i guess i've moved on, but that doesn't mean i've forgotten about vmk. i'd play it again if it opened.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 PM
HEY YOU GUYS!!!1!!
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Golden Years Award Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
Spottedleaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
VMK was one of the favorite parts of my childhood. I played it every single day and I cried when my computer broke so I couldn't play it xD
I haven't talked to my VMK friends in about 2 years, and it makes me sad every time I think about it.
I've moved on to other games (I was going on a "OMG NO DISNEY GAMES/NO OTHER GAMES EVER" strike, but er, that didn't go very smoothly) a long time ago, but I still have dreams about VMK reopening occasionally. I'd still play it if it reopened, even if there was a membership for it. Geez, I'd pay for it with my own money because it was such a big part of my childhood.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN! ....Too early.
(My accounts on the other sister sites)
|TTC|PHF|