Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old Disney.com Terms of Use - Updated 5/6/08

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:51 AM
Heinous Hare
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 15

Evil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expired
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldEagleBob View Post
100% wrong....

How I wish that they taught proper civics in American Schools nowadays!
Shhh!
It's part of my Evil Plan to reinforce the misconceptions that people have carved into their minds.

Part of my method is to mix a grain of truth into an untruth. You'll probably find that what I say is usually ony about 99% wrong. The trick is to find the 1% that is right.

If you look for the grain in what I said, consider the point about the Di$ney agreement that says they can deny you access for ANY reason. If they were to "deny access" because someone was Black or Buddhist or Chinese or Catholic, they'd have a hard time of it. Point is that "ANY" reason doesn't work in a legal contract. Disney China may get away with discriminating against a Tibetan in China, but they might have trouble discriminating against a Han.

Saying in the contract that they can do something for "any reason" or "no reason" is just a shortcut for Lawbots who are too lazy to explicitly state what the conditions are. Sloppy work like this shows that the LawBots are depending upon people not taking action against Di$ney because they are so big and strong.

That's a bully tactic and I would like it because it sounds Evil, but it's not Good Evil, it's Stupid Evil. People are scared of the Evil Genius, but the jails are full of the Evil Idiots.

And if I had gone to one of the schools in the USofA, I'd probably believe it, too. Heck, chances are I'd barely be able to read, let alone understand what I was reading!

-ekb-
Old 05-07-2008, 01:51 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

luckyone is spinning in a Cursed Storm
even though this is very sad they are closing i still like disney i would LOVE that VMK still continues and hope it is going to be but i will sill be going to the parks and all those things i think a little one thing its the online things and other are the park things
Old 05-07-2008, 02:01 AM
Monorail Mixer
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

BlazinBeats is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I am so enfumed at Disney. To the point where I can't even share my thoughts.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:14 AM
hi
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: VMK
MsBored is as Frosty as a Snowman
Everything is not about people anymore, it's about money! There are such poor people in parts of the world with no food, shelter, and such.. No one is helping because all they care about is money. My school is a very donating school, I'm not saying yours aren't, but Disney is just too money obsessed.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:54 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

like i said i feel disney its a magical place really and i think they are TIRED OF PPL YELL AT THEM BC OF THE QUEST

Last edited by TooHip; 05-07-2008 at 05:33 AM..
Old 05-07-2008, 03:04 AM
hi
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

I don't care about that quest. Forgive and forget, it's not a big deal. But a whole game centered around Walt's Disneyland is closing down is a big deal.. I wish Walt were here, he'd stop everything that Disney is doing wrong.. Putting boring teen shows, no more Mickey , online worlds which are EXPENSIVE, so on.. Walt would so be against the new Disney, I miss the old one
Old 05-07-2008, 03:13 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

yes i agree with u i think times changes and ppl like new things but there is plenty mickeys in the park left i would still would like to see more mickey shows but i think disney its not about online worlds lets remember vmk as a nice place and lets try to be nice to disney remember treat the ppl like u would like to be treated and maybe they'll change their opinion
Old 05-07-2008, 03:59 AM
Click Click Boom
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Thenishall is floating through Inner Space
Wow I'm glad I quit this game and found something else to do.

Still, it's a company and they have their own rules - which can be whatever they want.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:17 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Kit is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
She also said that their was a guy who had disney tatoos all down his arms and he has to keep them covered up because they belong to disney.
I don't do tats, but I can imagine some creative uh (changes mind and decides not to say it because it might be a pain in the back side for/from the mods) ways to display Disney tattoos.
-Kit
PS: I must admit I'm really proud of this forum for picking this important change so quickly. I just got back from a trip and the red "Terms of Use (Updated 5/6/08)" jumped out at me and I got pretty mad. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in how I feel

Last edited by Kit; 05-07-2008 at 05:22 AM.. Reason: added TOU update comments
Old 05-07-2008, 05:49 AM
hi
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Big words.....CAN'T READ :s Anyways, this is why I don't pay for virtual games (mostly because my dad won't let me ) But yeah, like Norbie said, you should delete your memberships to be safe if you care about your money..
Old 05-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Registered+

My Mood: Question
Whipstersh is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveTheRain View Post
QFE

And as for the loophole, even if it were legally binding enough, it would not force them to leave the site open. It would only force them to pay for damages incurred to parties over the" breach of contract by closing", and the burden of proof would be on you. Good luck with that suit
We couldn't at the least file any lawsuit at any matter of this to Disney - there is plenty of other stuff to prevent Disney to be liable for this, up to $100 (if it were the lesser of paid) if I remember correctly - nor could I find any reason that I would want to attempt to.

However, we can complain to someone in a branch of Disney that may have authority or influence over WDIG, about the infringement of Terms of Use. It would then lie between the authoritative branch and WDIG and their collective decision. I can't exactly see them changing the closure of VMK at this point, but this could affect some decisions and agreements to the Terms of Use in other forms.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:44 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Does that mean I cant write my book anymore about my journey through out VMK?