Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip

Disney Gossip Disney related topics/non-VMK related

Old Kingdom Keepers 5

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:10 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Kingdom Keepers 5

The 4th book is out and we begin anew - It is time for as Ridley calls it "His big plan" where we involve his readers into Kingdom Keepers 5.

Let the war between the villains and the heros now begin!

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 04-09-2011, 06:57 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
The 'big plan' sounds interesting. I hope he doesn't involve his readers TOO much, though. Then we'd already know a lot of what was happening. Sounds cool, though.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:28 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
That means it will be another book I have to read, haha.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:36 AM
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
According to Wikipedia:

Ridley recently stated online that he had his fifth book with a tentative title, Shell Game, and a predicted release date of April 2012. This book will take place on the Disney Dream cruise ship, as stated on Ridley's blog. Ridley said in an interview that the DHI Software is going to be upgraded into 2.0. He also mentioned the Fantasia Brooms as Overtakers. Also he indirectly confirmed Hades and Ursula will appear as Overtakers.

I know that you can't completely trust Wikipedia, but the facts seemed to be well sourced and a lot of other sites said pretty much the same thing.

Not to be a negative Nellie, but I'm not really sure what to think with how things are going, so far. To me, it sounds like Ridley is biting off a bit more than he can chew putting the characters on the Disney Dream. There was SO much more that he could have covered in the parks. . .to me, it kind of feels like he's just getting bored with the parks and choosing to neglect them so he can have a clean slate.

But, that's just my pessimistic way of thinking about it. *shrug*

Hades and Ursula as Overtakers sounds cool, though. And Shell Game sounds. . .interesting. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Last edited by Jezzi; 09-05-2011 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: Advertising
Old 12-07-2011, 10:06 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 

VIP
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
We interupt this thread to give you new and exciting news:

Kingdom Keepers 5: Shell Game will hit store in early April, while its successor, Kingdom Keepers 6 (which is part 2 of a huge battle) will hit stores in Nov./Dec. 2012. And now I introduce to you the overview of Kingdom Keepers 5: Shell Game:

As the Disney Fantasy joins the cruise fleet, a special treat is in store for guests aboard its inaugural sail from Cape Canaveral to Los Angeles: the Disney Host Interactive teenage guides will be part of the Fantasy crew.
Finn, Maybeck, Charlene, Willa, and Philby are to attend the cruise as celebrity guests, and to perform a ribbon cutting for the DHI server to go live. The Fantasy is now the most advanced cruise ship in the world.

But all is not right belowdecks. Strange things are happening. Unexplained phenomena. Only the Kingdom Keepers know the truth behind their invitation: nearly every Disney villain is represented onboard the new ship: whether on its decks or in its theaters. It's believed the Overtakers have infiltrated the cast and are "stowaways." Worse: it is believed they have stolen an important journal that once belonged to Walt Disney himself--Finn has been having dreams about this--and that some kind of mission is planned.

The ship sets sail filled with enthusiastic guests and crew, and the battle is on in new and exotic arenas: the beaches of Castaway Cay, the caves of Aruba, the locks of the Panama Canal, Costa Rica's rain forest zip line . . . But the end game is far more complicated and intense than anything the Kingdom Keepers had planned on. If the Overtakers get their way, a power will be unleashed that no one will have the ability to vanquish: Chernabog, dormant for years, is about to have his full powers restored. . .

-And now we return you to your regularly scheduled thread-

-With more to come on Kingdom Keepers events yours truely, Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 12-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Oooo, how cool! I bought the 4th one whilst over in WDW in August but I haven't got round to reading it yet! I should do it quite quickly though if the 5th is in the works!
Old 12-08-2011, 01:50 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMad View Post
Oooo, how cool! I bought the 4th one whilst over in WDW in August but I haven't got round to reading it yet! I should do it quite quickly though if the 5th is in the works!
The 5th book is actually done and published - it just won't be released until April.

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 12-15-2011, 05:32 AM
Awards Showcase

Woah...I haven't logged in for a week and people have started posting. xD

Anyway, book 5 sounds pretty cool. One thing I noticed upon reading the summary is that the five Kingdom Keepers were invited on the cruise...but not Amanda and Jess. I like the sound of it. Don't get me wrong, I like Jess, and Amanda isn't HORRIBLE, I guess, but I'd kind of prefer if they wouldn't come. I'd like this book to skim on the romance and get back to plot, and if Amanda goes, it would just be romance.....err.

Yeah, so I would love if only the five Kingdom Keepers went on the cruise by themselves. That'd be awesome.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:29 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
Woah...I haven't logged in for a week and people have started posting. xD

Anyway, book 5 sounds pretty cool. One thing I noticed upon reading the summary is that the five Kingdom Keepers were invited on the cruise...but not Amanda and Jess. I like the sound of it. Don't get me wrong, I like Jess, and Amanda isn't HORRIBLE, I guess, but I'd kind of prefer if they wouldn't come. I'd like this book to skim on the romance and get back to plot, and if Amanda goes, it would just be romance.....err.

Yeah, so I would love if only the five Kingdom Keepers went on the cruise by themselves. That'd be awesome.
:P It seems you and me certainly disagree on aspects of this book series. A part of the series deals with romance in each one because romance is part of good magic, while it can be turned against us as well by bad magic.

Just saying.

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 12-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
:P It seems you and me certainly disagree on aspects of this book series. A part of the series deals with romance in each one because romance is part of good magic, while it can be turned against us as well by bad magic.

Just saying.

-Stitchco
I don't have a problem with romance (as a matter of fact, I'm very fond of it in certain book series), but I honestly don't think it's Pearson's strong suit when it comes to writing. I'm not very fond of the way he write's romance, and I prefer the way he writes action/adventure. I thought the way he wrote the romance in the last few books was okay, but overused and emphasized too much. It seemed to me like he relied heavily on it for the plot. But, you know, that's just my opinion. To each their own.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:18 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
I don't have a problem with romance (as a matter of fact, I'm very fond of it in certain book series), but I honestly don't think it's Pearson's strong suit when it comes to writing. I'm not very fond of the way he write's romance, and I prefer the way he writes action/adventure. I thought the way he wrote the romance in the last few books was okay, but overused and emphasized too much. It seemed to me like he relied heavily on it for the plot. But, you know, that's just my opinion. To each their own.
Hmmm.. I kind of agree in a way, however, I do want to point out that Finn goes more courageous and goes all out when protecting Amanda epecially and then truly shows practically no fear for her sake. Just saying, after all as you said: To each their own xD

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 12-19-2011, 04:07 AM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Hmmm.. I kind of agree in a way, however, I do want to point out that Finn goes more courageous and goes all out when protecting Amanda epecially and then truly shows practically no fear for her sake. Just saying, after all as you said: To each their own xD

-Stitchco
That's true. But, again, it depends on how well it's done.

Badly done: Finn going all psycho on Maleficent in book two for threatening Amanda. After reading that part, I just put down my book and was like, "Seriously? I'm supposed to believe that?" There's such a thing when reading as suspension of disbelief, but that can only take you so far. For goodness sakes, Maleficent is supposed to be the most evil villain there is, how am I supposed to take her seriously after almost being done for by a 13(ish) year old boy?

Well done: Finn doing what he can to bring Amanda back from SBS in book four. It was actually very sweet how far he went to try to help her - it showed that he truly cared.

Again, I'm cool with pretty much anything an author will try to do to make their books the best they can be...it just has to be well written.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:38 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
That's true. But, again, it depends on how well it's done.

Badly done: Finn going all psycho on Maleficent in book two for threatening Amanda. After reading that part, I just put down my book and was like, "Seriously? I'm supposed to believe that?" There's such a thing when reading as suspension of disbelief, but that can only take you so far. For goodness sakes, Maleficent is supposed to be the most evil villain there is, how am I supposed to take her seriously after almost being done for by a 13(ish) year old boy?

Well done: Finn doing what he can to bring Amanda back from SBS in book four. It was actually very sweet how far he went to try to help her - it showed that he truly cared.

Again, I'm cool with pretty much anything an author will try to do to make their books the best they can be...it just has to be well written.
Keep in mind Maleficent is not the most powerful villian. Chernabog is. The thing is is that his power is not with him at the moment. that is why in books 5 and 6 he will try to regain his powers for he is the most powerful Disney villian there is.

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 12-19-2011, 04:46 AM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Keep in mind Maleficent is not the most powerful villian. Chernabog is. The thing is is that his power is not with him at the moment. that is why in books 5 and 6 he will try to regain his powers for he is the most powerful Disney villian there is.

-Stitchco
True, true, true....Chernabog is more powerful. But Maleficent still is supposed to be pretty dang powerful (and at the time Chernabog didn't have power, she probably was the most powerful), and I had trouble taking her seriously after that.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I can't remember the psycho part you're talking about.