Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip

Disney Gossip Disney related topics/non-VMK related

Old Kingdom Keepers Discussion Thread *SPOILERS

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:58 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Kingdom Keepers Discussion Thread *SPOILERS

This thread (since we never had one yet for it xD lol) is dedicated to the VMKF members to talk about the book series The Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson.

A Warning to all:

This thread will have spoilers in it as this is a thread meant for discussing all of the books currently out!

-Stitchco who felt we needed a thread like this
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 04-09-2011, 03:26 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I'll start by saying this was a great book, and it was probably my second favorite next to the first. Again it got a little too romantic in my opinion, but it was overall still great. I like that the Keepers didn't totally win in the end of the book, I actually think that by the end of the book, they had lost more than they had won. Yes they got the fob back, but I think keeping Male and Cherna was much more important, now that the overtakers have their leaderback. I'm soooo glad with the addition of more Disney characters, it reminded me more of the first book, how they could help out, but I also liked to see Jafar and Shan-Yu weren't with the "Green one" at all, but rather seeking their own power, I think it adds another layer to the book. Those are my first quick thoughts, what do you think?
Old 04-09-2011, 03:42 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I STILL don't like Amanda.

'Kay, so don't know how many of you know this, but I do NOT like Amanda. I kinda liked her in book one, but ever since book two, she has rubbed off on me the wrong way. I think she's really pushy. Not to mention that she's always trying to be the center of attention with the KK's. Like, she has to be a part of EVERYTHING. Just let the official Kingdom Keepers do their job, geez!

Also, I love what Ridley did with Dillard! At the end of book three, I was like 'Oh, Dillard must be in the fictional recycle bin of forgotten characters.' Then, he came back and became important. Yay!

I love, love, love that Ridley brought in Disney characters..........but I don't like how they didn't act like they're supposed too. Ariel - who in the movie, is all fun and teenagery - was real serious. And Mulan was kinda pushy. But anyway, love how he fit in characters!

And when Jafar showed up, I literally gasped. Wasn't expecting that. xD

I have lots more to say, but not sure how to say it. :p

I'm not sure how much I like this compared to the others because there are things I like and disliked about all of them. My least favorite is definitely the second, because the part where Finn went all 'physco-rescue-hero' on Maleficent just to protect Amanda was like 'Oh, give me a break.' The third book was confusing towards the Fantasmic part, but really kept me hanging onto the edge of my seat. This book wasn't as action packed as the third, but probably better-written as far as description and knowing what's going on. Don't know which is my favorite.

But one thing - why in the WORLD did they call this book Power Play? It doesn't even make any sense!

And for some reason, I'm kinda starting to dislike Finn.....is it just me, or is he becoming more jerkish?

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-09-2011 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: personal relationship discussion
Old 04-09-2011, 03:48 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 

VIP
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
I'll start by saying this was a great book, and it was probably my second favorite next to the first. Again it got a little too romantic in my opinion, but it was overall still great. I like that the Keepers didn't totally win in the end of the book, I actually think that by the end of the book, they had lost more than they had won. Yes they got the fob back, but I think keeping Male and Cherna was much more important, now that the overtakers have their leaderback. I'm soooo glad with the addition of more Disney characters, it reminded me more of the first book, how they could help out, but I also liked to see Jafar and Shan-Yu weren't with the "Green one" at all, but rather seeking their own power, I think it adds another layer to the book. Those are my first quick thoughts, what do you think?
I agree that this was a great book.

I also thought it interesting that Jafar and Shan-Yu were not working with maleficent and chernabog. I also find it interesting how the characters and some how teleport to different areas of WDW and wonder if somehow the Kingdom Keepers will learn how to do this as well.

Quick edit for Polar: It was called Power Play most likely due to the fact of the electric outage, and the balance of power shifting yet again.

-Stitchco
-Stitchco

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-09-2011 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: personal relationship discussion
Old 04-09-2011, 03:51 AM
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Yeah, I liked how they weren't working for Maleficent. Like, I can just imagine there being different armies of Disney villains against each other.

Wait! I could imagine them all fighting, like, just by themselves. I mean, villains just want power for themselves, right? Most of the villains probably wouldn't hang together because they wouldn't want Maleficent and Chernabog leading them and would want to lead themselves.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:52 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
I STILL don't like Amanda.

'Kay, so don't know how many of you know this, but I do NOT like Amanda. I kinda liked her in book one, but ever since book two, she has rubbed off on me the wrong way. I think she's really pushy. Not to mention that she's always trying to be the center of attention with the KK's. Like, she has to be a part of EVERYTHING. Just let the official Kingdom Keepers do their job, geez!

Also, I love what Ridley did with Dillard! At the end of book three, I was like 'Oh, Dillard must be in the fictional recycle bin of forgotten characters.' Then, he came back and became important. Yay!

I love, love, love that Ridley brought in Disney characters..........but I don't like how they didn't act like they're supposed too. Ariel - who in the movie, is all fun and teenagery - was real serious. And Mulan was kinda pushy. But anyway, love how he fit in characters!

And when Jafar showed up, I literally gasped. Wasn't expecting that. xD

I have lots more to say, but not sure how to say it. :p

I'm not sure how much I like this compared to the others because there are things I like and disliked about all of them. My least favorite is definitely the second, because the part where Finn went all 'physco-rescue-hero' on Maleficent just to protect Amanda was like 'Oh, give me a break.' The third book was confusing towards the Fantasmic part, but really kept me hanging onto the edge of my seat. This book wasn't as action packed as the third, but probably better-written as far as description and knowing what's going on. Don't know which is my favorite.

But one thing - why in the WORLD did they call this book Power Play? It doesn't even make any sense!
I feel bad for Maybeck, I think he's kind of outside the loop. Maybeck always seems like the person the other four are dragging around. Not saying he's not valuable, he is, but the others don't see that I don't think.

About Ariel and Mulan being "pushy" or not "teenagery" okay GPG, you have your place of living attacked by creepy villians with crazy powers and possibly all your magic going away and you seem all teenagery haha, I don't know maybe I'm wrong but if I was Ariel I'd be flipping out ready to go fight, or Mulan I'd be screaming and screaming to paddle faster. It's basically a fight for their lives.

I felt bad for Pluto as well, he was so brave, usually I don't get emotional with books haha, but I was like "He's gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ahahaha.

I didn't really like the 2nd book very much, mostly because it wasn't on a lot of rides and stuff, and AK is my least favorite park... I don't exactly remember the psycho hero thing.

First was still my favorite because of the opening chapter, it was so magical. Imagine waking up in WDW, sitting on a bench and seeing Goofy run off towards Frontierland, and then Chip and Dale go by too. Crazy. Now that we're four books in, it's lost a bit of it's magic because it's kind of expected now.

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-09-2011 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: personal relationship discussion
Old 04-09-2011, 04:03 AM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
I feel bad for Maybeck, I think he's kind of outside the loop. Maybeck always seems like the person the other four are dragging around. Not saying he's not valuable, he is, but the others don't see that I don't think.
I always felt that way, too! He kinda had always been the 'fifth wheel'.

Quote:
About Ariel and Mulan being "pushy" or not "teenagery" okay GPG, you have your place of living attacked by creepy villians with crazy powers and possibly all your magic going away and you seem all teenagery haha, I don't know maybe I'm wrong but if I was Ariel I'd be flipping out ready to go fight, or Mulan I'd be screaming and screaming to paddle faster. It's basically a fight for their lives.
Yeah, I know it is 'life or death' for them, but it doesn't mean they would act TOTALLY not themselves. I mean, even though times are tough, they are still them.

Quote:
I felt bad for Pluto as well, he was so brave, usually I don't get emotional with books haha, but I was like "He's gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ahahaha.
OMG, I know! I was so worried. xD I really liked Finn and Pluto in this book, because it didn't take long for them to connect. They had like a natural relationship........like Mickey w/ Pluto.

And I thought the part where Finn gave Minnie a kiss on the cheek before leaving was SOOOO sweet! It reminded me of the Finn from books 1 and 2.

Quote:
I didn't really like the 2nd book very much, mostly because it wasn't on a lot of rides and stuff, and AK is my least favorite park... I don't exactly remember the psycho hero thing.
Yeah, it didn't go on very many attractions. Kinda a let down.

Quote:
First was still my favorite because of the opening chapter, it was so magical. Imagine waking up in WDW, sitting on a bench and seeing Goofy run off towards Frontierland, and then Chip and Dale go by too. Crazy. Now that we're four books in, it's lost a bit of it's magic because it's kind of expected now.
I liked that chapter, too. It really was a great way to kick off the series.

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-09-2011 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: personal relationship discussion
Old 04-09-2011, 04:10 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
And I'm seeing Dillard as a new DHI. I mean Finn even said he felt Dillard should become one!

-Stitchco
-Stitchco

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-09-2011 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: personal relationship discussion
Old 04-09-2011, 04:12 AM
Awards Showcase

Hey, it's not totally outrageous - after all, Finn did say that he was reconsidering making Dillard a KK, so if that means a more prominent role in later books, who knows what could happen!

EDIT: Stitch, you beat me to it!! >_< LOL.

---------------

Also, am I the only one that's noticed that Finn has been the one making all of the 'additions' to the KK team? Frankly, I think that the other four are going to want to start adding their friends to the team and that it'll spark problems.

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-09-2011 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: personal relationship discussion
Old 04-09-2011, 04:14 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Also, am I the only one that's noticed that Finn has been the one making all of the 'additions' to the KK team? Frankly, I think that the other four are going to want to start adding their friends to the team and that it'll spark problems.
he is the Kingdom Keepers leader though remember?

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 04-09-2011, 04:17 AM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
he is the Kingdom Keepers leader though remember?
True, but I don't think that would stop someone like Maybeck from trying. And Amanda could get away with it, too, because she can get practically anything she wants from Finn. :/ But yeah, I get whatcha mean. The rest probably wouldn't even bother.

------------------

I kinda wish Ridley would've kept Jeannie Puckett a snitch! She could've been such a fun character to play around with!

(I have a large imagination, if you haven't noticed. xD)
Old 04-09-2011, 04:21 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
True, but I don't think that would stop someone like Maybeck from trying. And Amanda could get away with it, too, because she can get practically anything she wants from Finn. :/ But yeah, I get whatcha mean. The rest probably wouldn't even bother.

------------------

I kinda wish Ridley would've kept Jeannie Puckett a snitch! She could've been such a fun character to play around with!

(I have a large imagination, if you haven't noticed. xD)
1). I'm faster than you both right now it seems which scares me :P
2). Jeannie will probably turn into an Overtaker spy if I had to guess, which is what I could see Ridley doing.
3). Amanda is not that bad of a person. She really does seem to care about Finn.
4). I kind of thought the same thing you think of Amanda for Charlene. Sorry - just me saying.
5). Just saw another of the Let the memories begin ads xD
6). You both still have to answer my new questions xD lol

-Stitchco
-Stitchco

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-09-2011 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: personal relationship discussion
Old 04-09-2011, 04:26 AM
Awards Showcase

1) LOL
2) I thought he'd make her a 'green eyes' in this book, considering she would be able to snoop into Jess's diary and stuff. But, he didn't. I don't think he's going to do much w/ her, but who knows? I thought the same about Dillard, and he came back.

(Actually, I thought that he was going to come back as the supreme ruler of the Overtakers as revenge for Finn ditching him for the Kingdom Keepers all of the time. It was just a theory that Vivi and I made up, though. xD)

3) Okay, I guess she's not THAT bad...

4) Don't apologize, dude, we all have our opinions.

6) I'm doing this right now.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:26 AM
im bored woo
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: LOL
LightningBrutus is floating through Inner Space
-jumps into conversation- this book was my second favorite , my favorite was the first, but yeah this book was still pretty good. I like how he started adding more characters but I would like it better if he added more
Old 04-09-2011, 04:30 AM
Awards Showcase

More characters would be beastly! I have a feeling that as the search to find Mickey becomes more prominent that more characters will be involved.

--------------------

I liked that in this book, it was less clue-chasing and more action. I mean, word puzzles are only entertaining for so long!

-------------------

Mmmkay, so what are your guys' favorite and least favorite parts of this book?