Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip

Disney Gossip Disney related topics/non-VMK related

Old Fans mad at Miley?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:14 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Fans mad at Miley?

OK, I didn't write this, but I found this online!

Giving her fans the best of both worlds is apparently too much for Miley Cyrus to handle on her own.

The singer, who performs both as herself and her Disney Channel alterego on the sold-out tour, was accused in an OK! magazine report this week of using a body double during a brief portion of her show.

"When it got the to bridge of the song 'We Got the Party,' her dancers began to crowd around her," one concertgoer told the magazine.

"Then they covered her with a black sheet and she went through a secret door. Within a second, a new 'Hannah' came out of a different door wearing oversized white glasses. The whole time this was happening Miley's vocals were still playing. The new imposter had her back turned while she danced, trying to hide that fact that she was not Miley Cyrus. At this instant I became very suspicious."

"Needless to say I was furious!" the irate fan added. "I paid good money to see the concert. I was disappointed and I felt like I was played for a fool."

In the wake of the report, a rep for the Hannah Montana star confirmed that Cyrus does indeed rely on body double for a brief part of her set in order to allow her to transform from Hannah back into herself.

"To help speed the transition from Hannah to Miley, there is a production element during the performance of 'We Got the Party' incorporating a body double for Miley," the rep said in a statement.

"After Hannah has completed the featured verse on the duet with the Jonas Brothers, a body double appears approximately one to two minutes prior to the end of the song in order to allow Miley to remove the Hannah wig and costume and transform into Miley for her solo set.

"Other than during this very brief transitional moment in the show, Miley performs live during the entirety of both the Hannah and Miley segments of the concert," the rep added.

The 15-year-old singer has been on the road with her wildly popular Best of Both Worlds tour since October and recently extended the trek through the end of this month. She's slated to wrap things up in Miami on Jan. 31.

Last edited by Schmoofy; 01-12-2008 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: Removed non-g content
Old 01-12-2008, 01:18 PM
I am the Brain of you all
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 19

My Mood: Nerdy
Brain is covered with ConfettiBrain is covered with ConfettiBrain is covered with Confetti
This has been the story, although, can you blame her? It takes her quite some time to switch between Miley and Hannah.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:19 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I know. I found out, and I wasn't mad! At the concert, I really didn't notice anything!
Old 01-12-2008, 01:21 PM
"A-wocka-wocka!" -neoteny
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Soufriere_Hills is spinning in a Cursed Storm
how long was the imposter on for?
Old 01-12-2008, 01:23 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase

I don't know, like, 30 seconds. In so little time, people get so mad!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Why don't they just say she is going to take a break and have the jonas brothers play? It makes more sense. Although I have noticed earlier that sometimes hannah looked a little different then miley, apparentlly I was right. I think that her people stretched the truth a bit much, I think she has a stunt double more than that, why would you hire one for 30 seconds?
Old 01-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Is now a year older!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

princesgirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
Why don't they just say she is going to take a break and have the jonas brothers play? It makes more sense.
They did -_- Everyone is mad at her but it takes awhile to change the wig, Do your hair, Make-up, And change. I agree with CuteDeeBlue and Capin Brain.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Hola, I'm Safari!

SafariLyssaOnVMK is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm not mad, but this is what they should have done: "hannah" finishes her song and goes to change into "miley". While she is doing that the Jonas Brothers Play S.O.S or something to keep them entertained. Then, Miley goes out and sings her songs that are under "Miley Cyrus".
Old 01-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Is now a year older!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariLyssaOnVMK View Post
I'm not mad, but this is what they should have done: "hannah" finishes her song and goes to change into "miley". While she is doing that the Jonas Brothers Play S.O.S or something to keep them entertained. Then, Miley goes out and sings her songs that are under "Miley Cyrus".

Yeah that's what they did. They played When You Look Me In The Eyes and Year 300
Old 01-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 

Born In Park
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
so why did she have a stunt double, now I am confused?
Old 01-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Is now a year older!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
so why did she have a stunt double, now I am confused?
Bc she still needed more time.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Then have the jonas brothers sing more songs or have her change faster. Seriously her people aren't the brightest.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:07 AM
misses vmk!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Pixieish
Ali-Rae is as Frosty as a Snowman
I saw that video before that even went on yahoo news! Search fake hanah montana and there are videos of her. A man covers her with a black sheet and another one comes out with huge white sunglasses and you can clearly tell!

etnagreen, if she lets JB perform again after she makes her apearance that would be weird. That song is like, introducing her on the stage.
This is the order of performance:
Jonas Brothers
Jonas Brothers + Hannah Montana
Miley Cyrus
Old 01-13-2008, 02:48 AM
My name is Scrolly!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Elated
CookyHalie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
if anything they should have the jonas brothers play a song while she is off stage changing.. and people who say i payed big money to see miley/hannah not some imposter, They take things too seriously.. LET IT GO!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:52 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase

Here's the new story they are saying:

It was ever so brief, but the use of a body double by Miley Cyrus on her best-selling "Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus 'Best of Both Worlds'" tour is creating plenty of buzz.

A video shows the 15-year-old entertainer as "Hannah" dancing onstage with a group of dancers and the Jonas Brothers, also on the tour. During the song, someone ushers her offstage via a trap door. Immediately, another girl dressed like the character "Hannah" in the same pink trench coat with blonde hair covering her faces dances around, runs up the stage set, and then quickly leaves.

While the double is holding a microphone for her less than a minute, the girl motions like she is singing. However, a rep for Miley said the switch was only for costume purposes.

"To help speed the transition from Hannah to Miley, there is a production element during the performance of 'We Got the Party' incorporating a body double for Miley," according to statement Friday from the public relations firm PMK.

"After Hannah has completed the featured verse on the duet with the Jonas Brothers, a body double appears approximately one to two minutes prior to the end of the song in order to allow Miley to remove the Hannah wig and costume and transform into Miley for her solo set. Other than during this very brief transitional moment in the show, Miley performs live during the entirety of both the Hannah and Miley segments of the concert."

Miley's "Hannah Montana" tour is one of the nation's hottest tours, selling out within minutes when tickets went on sale last fall. Some people have been reselling tickets for thousands of dollars. Miley has released two albums under the "Hannah Montana" brand, both of which have sold more than two million copies.