Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old What's your favorite WDW hotel?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:27 AM
<-- The world is my stage

drama_girl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well lets see Ive stayed at the All star sports ok I was 3 that doesnt count.
All star something or another but I remember we stayed at the 101 dalmations part. Since i was 5 or 6 I suppose it doesnt count either. Hmm.. Then we stayed at French Quarter. I was 10 very cool loved the restraunts and pools. We didnt get to explore to much though. Then when I was 11 or 12 we stayed at PoP Centrey OMG It was awesome!!!! Like Neoteny said " Whos doesnt like big stuff?" Then last May my parents suprised us by taking us to the nick hotel. OMG this was awesome too. If you ever get sick of disney GO HERE! You can still get to disney parks by busses. It was a great experience. I noticiced that the staff was more helpful than the ones at Disney.

ANd Finnally In October we are going back to the POP Centry. WHOO HOO I cant wait!!

So my favorite "Disney" Resort was Pop Centry.
Off Disney: Nick Hotel

My cousins find it cheaper to rent a condo down there for too weeks during the summer. They go to disney for a week. Then stay lounging on the beach for the next week
Old 09-24-2006, 02:33 AM
The Princess of Waffles

WafflePrincess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The Wilderness Lodge is mine! Whenever I stay there I go there The Contemporary is cool too! The arcade is sweet and I like watching the monorail too
Old 09-24-2006, 03:27 AM
Grim Grinning Ghost

gone_batty is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I love Shades of Green! It's fabulous! I just wish it weren't so hard to book a room there*. Port Orleans was really nice too, very sedate and romantic, and it was easy to get a room there. I'd love to stay at Pop Century, it looked fun, but it fills up quickly. Because my husband's in the Navy, we won't always know months in advance that we're going to have time for a vacation.

Batty

*hmm...I just noticed there are rooms available right after my husband goes on leave! What luck! I'll have to see if he wants to take another trip to WDW.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:22 PM
hd

PrincessWall is covered with ConfettiPrincessWall is covered with ConfettiPrincessWall is covered with Confetti
Many people like different hotels...
Old 09-24-2006, 01:42 PM
<- He's Always excited.

evanrocks123 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well I'd have to say that the Caribbean Beach Resort is sweet. You can see the EPCOT fireworks, Every night!! Also the Contemporary Resort Rocks!! You can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from there lol if you have the 'Magic Kingdom veiw'
Old 09-25-2006, 06:02 PM
U know me as another ;)

BonoGirl ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
My favorite Hotel is the Boardwalk. I love that I can walk to Epcot and MGM.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:16 AM
:Dough..

My Mood: Curmudgeon
lol is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I love the Pop Century Resort. Yeah it's a little far from the parks but still! This hotel has the different sections - 60s 70s 80s 90s we where in the 70s. I loved it! The music was a little annoying after a while but the set up was great! Gaint pools and play areas life sized old fashion disney things a hude twister game and much more! You can simply go to a neato theamed pool in the section (computer pool and bowling pool is the best) then walk to the everythingh pop cafe! That place is a cafiteria stile restraunt with a quick stop treat section.As well as that the gift shop and lobby is a neat set up! Then walk right outside the gift shop and ketch a bus to the parks!

Siggi Picture made by .:Blue:.
:3
Old 09-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Registered+

GeauxTigersGo is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caterpillar AEIOU View Post
In Spring or Winter I like the Hotel formerly known as Dixie Landings, now they call it Port Orleans something or other. I am from Baton Rouge LA , and it reminds me of home
Is this like the artist formerly known as Prince? Perhaps it will become an unpronouncable name and then finally just "The Hotel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnutfudge View Post
Mine would probably be Beach Club, cause of the resteraunt Beaches and Cream and the sand bottom pool.[/FONT]
Although I love Beaches and Cream - even with the 1 1/2 hour waits, Beach Club is a close 2nd to Old Key West for me. I love it when the security officer at the gate says, "Welcome home." I'm thinking - yeah this is my 2nd home!
Old 09-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Banned

targ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
either the contemporay or fort wilderness lodge
Old 09-30-2006, 01:41 PM
<- - -thanks Sushi!*

DisneyHottie ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
i love the animal kingdom lodge,contemporaray,polynesian,and the Grand floridian...those are my favorites i like going there...
Old 10-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Beach Dude

SuiteStarr is spinning in a Cursed Storm
im surprised more people didn't say the grand floridian.. i mean i havnt stayed there but i ate there once and it was pretty amazing!
Old 10-10-2006, 02:43 PM
There's always something.
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Born In Park VIP
Chaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post
I love the Pop Century. I know, it's one of the cheap-o hotels, and the rooms and amenities aren't as fancy as the Wilderness Lodge and the other expensive ones, but, come on... giant stuff is cool!

So it is good? It's my first time and when my dad surprised me that we were going to Pop Century, I wasn't thrilled. It seems cool though. Is there any secret stuff (ie. Hidden Mickeys lol) I should watch out for?
~Chaelle
Old 10-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Miracle from Molecules
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!
My favorite hotel is probably DAKL or Beach Club. Beach Club because it's extremely close to EPCOT, and DAKL because of the theming.

The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982
Happy 25th, Epcot!
DisneysOnlineWorlds | Policies and Disclaimers | Current DOW Projects
FAQ | IRC Guide | mIRC Guide
Old 10-10-2006, 02:54 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaelle View Post
So it is good? It's my first time and when my dad surprised me that we were going to Pop Century, I wasn't thrilled. It seems cool though. Is there any secret stuff (ie. Hidden Mickeys lol) I should watch out for?
~Chaelle
I don't know about "secret" stuff. Everything's quite large and out in the open. Do take the time to wander around the grounds, though, and check out all the buildings and courtyards. A lot of clever design and detail.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Tetsiga

Tetsiga is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I've stayed at so many resorts now.. I can't really remember all the ones I've stayed at, I know like 2 times we moved from a resort to another...
but in all this is my list

1.Polynesian
2.Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge
3.Grand Floridian (WOW stayed twice(I believe) at christmas and they have the most amazing christmas stuff) & Contemporary
4.Coronado Springs
5.Old Key West and Yacht Club

7.All Star, only reason I say this, is because when we got there the door was opened.. and we were missing some stuff.

Last edited by Tetsiga; 10-12-2006 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: I wanted to clear something up