Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Have you ever heard of DisneyQuest?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:00 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Arrow Have you ever heard of DisneyQuest?

Have you ever heard of DisneyQuest? Have you ever been to DisneyQuest? Well, if you haven't, you need to go there because it is AWESOME! I went there about a month ago on my disney trip and I loved it! DisneyQuest is a place in Downtown Disney. But, you need to have ordered the waterparks and more option on your ticket. DisneyQuest is a five story interactive theme park, yea, interactive! Some of the highlights of my fun there (along with what it is):

~Cyberspace Mountain
On Cyberspace Mountain, you get to create your own rollercoaster...Then ride it! When you go through the entrance, a cast member gives you a card (nothing special, just paper with a code on the back or something like that) They have about 10 computers there...You go up to one of them and then slide your card through the machine. Then it gives you a little tutorial, blah blah blah, and then you start to create your rollercoaster. It is a touchscreen, and you just touch the pieces of track you want on your rollercoaster. But, It only gives you a certain amount of time to create your rollercoaster and a certain amount of track (For me, it was plenty enough time and track) When you are done, You go through a little hallway and give your card to a cast member. You walk with them up 4 stars and into a hallway with about 8 doors. Each door has a computer next to it. They slide your card and then take you through the door. They put you inside a simulator that holds 2 people and you are ready to ride! Yup, you can loop, corkscrew, jump, lots of stuff. You even have a screen in front of you so you can see the track. It's awesome! I rode it 3 times. When you create your rollercoaster, it rates your rollercoaster on the thrill meter. The meter goes from 1-5. The first time I rode, I created and rode the rollercoaster with my mom (yea, wasn't as thrilling that time ) That time, we got a 2 on the thrill meter. My mom was to dizzy from all the techno stuff so the second and third times, I rode by myself. The second time I got a 5 on the thrill meter! The third time, I got a 4 on the thrill meter. I put more loops on the third one, I guess loops aren't as thrilling according to the thrill meter.

~Buzz Lightyears Astroblasters
First, you stand in a line along with your partner in a special room. The cast member teaches you all the instructions, blah blah blah, and then they take you in a room with lots of bumper cars in it. Each pair of players gets into a bumper car. The players sit according to role: Driver or gunner-Driver on the left, gunner on the right.
Drivers Role- Well the Driver, of course, drives. As of a real car, they have a drivers wheel, a reverse/forward handle, and the gas pedal (sp?). Also, there are foam balls on the ground. When the driver drives over these foam balls, each one you drive over is put into a compartment inbetween the driver and gunners seats.
Gunners Role: On both sides of every bumper car, there is something that looks like a splat. The gunner shoots at other players' splats. When you hit the splat, the hit person spins out of control for 10-15 seconds. To shoot, you just enter a foam ball into the compartment, close it using the turn thing next to the shooter, and then press the button to shoot. It was lots of fun. I and my mom rode it twice, I, the driver, and her, the shooter. No winners, No losers, but it is very fun

~Jungle Cruise

As you can see in the picture above, on Jungle Cruise, you are put on a raft in front of a large T.V. Under the raft seems to be something like an air mattress. The raft holds about four people and each person has a paddle. Basically, on the screen, you are in the water on your raft trying to row yourself to safety. There are also signs in there area, which some of the signs I saw had a picture of a whirlpool and some signs even said to go left or right. To row left, the people on the right would row. And to row right, the people on the left would row. Also, there would be drops and bumps simulated by the air mattress going up and down and squirts of water coming at you. I loved it, It was awesome.

These were my top three attractions at DisneyQuest. Make sure to go there!

NOTE: The Picture Came From The Wiki

Last edited by GoodPolarGirl; 12-30-2007 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: adding where the picture came from
Old 12-30-2007, 01:16 AM
The Princess of Waffles

WafflePrincess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yes, I've heard of it, been there, also went there on a field trip.

Was loads of fun.

Too bad it's closing for good soon. ):
But it's probably for a good reason.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:30 AM
Environmentalist
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Zebraa is floating through Inner Space
I LOVE DisneyQuest. My family has been going since I was really little, whenever we were in Orlando. Whenever I go, there are hardly any lines, which is great. My favorite attractions are Cyberspace Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's, POTC, the Animation Studio, and where you record your own song. I made the funniest song when I was like 8 called "When I Rule the World" XD
Old 12-30-2007, 01:46 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Thanks for posting! I saw that rollercoaster simulator on TV and it looked so cool! I would put like a million loops and stuff. LOL!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:04 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by WafflePrincess View Post
Yes, I've heard of it, been there, also went there on a field trip.

Was loads of fun.

Too bad it's closing for good soon. ):
But it's probably for a good reason.
There going to close it?!?! Me and my cousin made a launching coaster that did nothing but loops and then the guy that worked there ( we got him mad ) made the track design so we'd crash... and we did q:. But I can't believe there closing it...
Old 12-30-2007, 02:18 AM
:[:()]

Silverstream is spinning in a Cursed Storm
DisneyQuest is so much fun. Buzz Lightyears Astroblasters and the POTC game are the best.
If it does actually close that would be a shame, it was a nice way to spend a day.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:23 AM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
I love DisneyQuest! I went on the Virtual River Rafting and the Buzz Lightyear bumper cars thing. It's so much fun!
Old 12-30-2007, 03:37 AM
Friend of Daisy Buchanan

GreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Disney Quest was initially successful in Orlando, so they opened two more: Chocago Illinois and Westlake Village, California. Neither did well, and were closed down within a few years of opening.

The Orlando one continued for awhile, but began struggling as attendance began to drop dramatically. Disney finally decided it wasn't worth the money they were losing, and there was no longer a chance to expand, so they shut it down.

The end. Sorry kids.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:39 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Omg i hated Disney quest the lines were long and nothing for me. I like the POTC tho.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:48 AM
Registered+

aengus is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I believe it is going to be turned into an ESPN Zone.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:41 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
What! Closing! When is it closing! Next time I go to Disney, I was hoping to bring my whole family to DisneyQuest instead of just i and my mom. I guess we won't get to do that
Old 12-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
i have went before it wasn't very fun. The virtual reality helmet for aladins carpets was heavier than my head so my head hurt and I was really dizzy. I got dizzy witht he glasses on the pirates things too. The buzz light year bumper cars was fun though. all the other stuff was okay I am not too sad its closing.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered+

mulanstarscandy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
As of right now

Disney Quest is open I believe it will be closing by the end of this month or in feb.

It will turn into an ESPN Zone from what i heard when i went to Disney Quest a few weeks ago.

The ESPN Zone will be more successful to Disney since it makes more money

So Try going now and have as much fun before it closes
Old 01-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: VMK
punkpat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Oh yea that is one of my favorite parts of disney
Old 01-01-2008, 06:53 PM
I miss VMK so much.
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: AFK
MinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with Confetti
I LOVE DisneyQuest!

It was amazing!