Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Going to WDW! need tips!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Where Dreams Come True :)
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: RockOn
Gorams is as Frosty as a Snowman
Smile Going to WDW! need tips!

aloha everyone! i am going to WDW this june and i was wondering if you can make characters in the tomarrowland arcade? also, i would like some suggestions for rides that me and my sister ( 4 years younger than me) would both enjoy. I am a boy, and i need some rides that she would enjoy too!

any ideas?

Last edited by Gorams; 02-11-2008 at 01:16 AM.. Reason: messed up :D
Old 02-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 

BUMP i need some posts here lol
Old 02-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Well, its warm in June so drink plenty of water, walk through air conditioned stores when you are trying to get to places, and its normally less busy before lunch so get their early. You might want to check www.disney.com for all of their rides, restaraunts, and resorts. another good source is The birnbaum guides 2008 Walt Disney world. As for good rides it would take me awhile to name them all, but remember to grab a map at the entrace so you dont miss anything. Whatever you do dont go on hall of presidents, Liberty square riverboat, Honey I shrunk the audience, and living with the land. Most of the rides are as scary as its a small world, so most rides your sister should be able to ride on.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Awards Showcase

by the way, my sister is as least 48 inches ( i wont say age ) so i think some whill be ok. But thanks for the air conditioning tip! ill be sure to use that.
~gorams~
Old 05-02-2008, 10:58 AM
The Disney Otaku
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Asleep
SoraStarChan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hey there! I go to WDW often so I'll help.
If your sister is young, I suggest most rides in Fantasyland like Dumbo, Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, ect. Also, Tomorrowland is a good place too because you've got the Indy Speedway, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, People Mover, and others where I know you'd both enjoy. And if she likes Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean ride would be very good.

Ages 8 to 12, then Tomorrowland (rides I recomended above) and maybe Space Mountain if she's ok with the dark and a roller coaster. Frontierland is good with roller coaster type rides like Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain. Haunted Mansion is pretty good. Small World too

Age 13 and up, and if she likes roller coasters that don't flip, go on all three mountains at MK. Tomorrowland would be best for you both and Adventureland is pretty good like the Jungle Cruise. Hope I helped ^.^

In June, it will be crowded and lines are going to be long! Use fastpass too!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:20 PM
legallyblondethemusical
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

futureimagineer1117 is floating through Inner Space
Ooooh have fun! My only real advice to you is get to the parks first thing in the morning and then (if you're staying at a Disney hotel) go back to the hotel and relax for a few hours, then come back and definately use the Extra Magic Hours... that's my favorite time to go the parks because there are hardly any lines...one time i stayed in magic kingdom until 2 AM!

Also, just prioritize and use all of the time you have to make everybody happy. Also, don't forget to do the little things, like the Behind the Seeds tour (actually pretty fun) and the Liberty riverboat.

Bring TONS of WATER!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Kit is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My tip: Read the book Kingdom Keepers before you go to WDW (and again when you get home if you have the time! ) Or get a hidden mickey book - paying attention to all the detail Disney puts in to the park is really enjoyable.

Then get your Dole Whip and go to Mickey's Philharmagic

Try the water Parks - Typhoon Lagoon 1st priority then Blizzard Beach. The water roller coaster, the gigantic wave pool and the swimming with sharks -- awesome memories.

Have a great time!
-Kit
PS: I'm kinda glad this ancient thread was revived since you're going Next Month! woot!
Old 05-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Awards Showcase

yeah LOL I made this thread like the day I started. I have a few books on the place, and I have been there before. We dont have water park tickets though Only park hopper

I'm pretty much obsessed with it now LOL. I even have dreams about it some nights

Thanks for the tips everyone!
Old 05-26-2008, 03:21 PM
I like books.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
SmileGirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ah, my little thing under my name tells all

I've never been there in June, but I've been there in late May, and it's very hot and crowded, so plan for Extra Magic Hours and stuff.

Mimi-golf is a good activity for weekends when the parks are crowded and doesn't cost much extra. (Winter Summerland is easier than Fantasia Gardens though)

Epcot and MK are crowded on the weekends, so I suggest either doing mini-golf (as said above) or visiting MGM (Hollywood Studios) or AK.

If more popular rides say the wait is 20 minutes, don't believe it because it'll go right up to 40 minutes!

Hope I helped!

-Smiles
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, Just a dream away!!