Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old Ask the VMKF WDW Expert-Nerd Thread

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:55 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
I actually don't find it funny. There was actually a study done on it - when entering someplace, Magic Kingdom in this case, people almost always start by going to the right. Same for Disneyland - we actually tried an experiment by going left instead of right, and sure enough there were fewer crowds, except at the super popular attractions.

When is the absolute worst time to go to Epcot? We tried Epcot one day and it was so full, we ended up only doing a few things. It was also raining that day, I'm guessing that sends a lot of people to Epcot due to the indoor nature of the park?

Broccolisprout, 2005-2008
Old 12-14-2011, 04:17 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccolisprout View Post
I actually don't find it funny. There was actually a study done on it - when entering someplace, Magic Kingdom in this case, people almost always start by going to the right. Same for Disneyland - we actually tried an experiment by going left instead of right, and sure enough there were fewer crowds, except at the super popular attractions.

When is the absolute worst time to go to Epcot? We tried Epcot one day and it was so full, we ended up only doing a few things. It was also raining that day, I'm guessing that sends a lot of people to Epcot due to the indoor nature of the park?
I would say early morning is the worse time to be in EPCOT, but around 1 to 2ish the crowd finally makes its way into World Showcase leaving Future World way less crowded. Also many people do go to either DisneyQuest or EPCOT when it is raining due to more things indoors.

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 12-15-2011, 04:06 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Wow, you think people go to Adventureland and Frontierland first? I've never thought that was the case, It is rare that I ever use the Main Street entrance to those lands, I usually make my way around starting in Tomorrowland and I make many trips back.

What do you think about the new turnstile system they were testing in EPCOT when I was down in November?
Old 12-15-2011, 08:28 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 

VIP
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
Wow, you think people go to Adventureland and Frontierland first? I've never thought that was the case, It is rare that I ever use the Main Street entrance to those lands, I usually make my way around starting in Tomorrowland and I make many trips back.

What do you think about the new turnstile system they were testing in EPCOT when I was down in November?
1). I don't know why but I've actually done my own experimental tests to see which way people went first and it seems to be for some strange reason Adventureland. Why? I'll never know.

2). I saw the new turnstile system in EPCOT in November myself xD I went to the cast member entrance which I knew wasn't like that xD lol. So I can't judge really myself yet; sorry!

-Stitchco who wants more questions xD (yeah, I know I'm a nerd )
-Stitchco
Old 12-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
That really does surprise me. Tomorrowland in my opinion has the most signature rides. I would generally assume people would rush towards space, buzz, and just anything tomorrowland.

My sister is a Cast Member, but not for long as she is just on a six month internship and leaving in early January.

Anyways, the first day we were there in November we got chosen to do the new turnstiles. I liked them but don't think it will totally speed them up. What you do is you get this mickey sticker on your ticket, (we had resort ID's) and then you go to this pole in the ground with a ball-like thing on the top with a mickey outline. You tap the sticker to his ears and it lights up green, lighting up a slot to place your finger and then that goes green as well and you're in the park.

It's not much different in my opinion...
Old 12-15-2011, 10:17 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
That really does surprise me. Tomorrowland in my opinion has the most signature rides. I would generally assume people would rush towards space, buzz, and just anything tomorrowland.

My sister is a Cast Member, but not for long as she is just on a six month internship and leaving in early January.

Anyways, the first day we were there in November we got chosen to do the new turnstiles. I liked them but don't think it will totally speed them up. What you do is you get this mickey sticker on your ticket, (we had resort ID's) and then you go to this pole in the ground with a ball-like thing on the top with a mickey outline. You tap the sticker to his ears and it lights up green, lighting up a slot to place your finger and then that goes green as well and you're in the park.

It's not much different in my opinion...
I've got a feeling it might also give complications to passholders : /

Did you know they're changing the mugs at the resorts too? They will now have a microchip attached to them so you'll have to buy a new one each time you stay at a resort or buy soda drinks each time you go to eat.

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 12-17-2011, 04:16 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
Did you know they're changing the mugs at the resorts too? They will now have a microchip attached to them so you'll have to buy a new one each time you stay at a resort or buy soda drinks each time you go to eat.

-Stitchco

What? No more collectable reusable mugs through multiple trips? I loved that... I have three from Disney World 2008. (Yeah, I actually used mine through two trips... nobody noticed. I think.)

When is the best time to be in Animal Kingdom? It was rather busy when we went... we seemed to catch the nice busy times.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:16 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
What? No more collectable reusable mugs through multiple trips? I loved that... I have three from Disney World 2008. (Yeah, I actually used mine through two trips... nobody noticed. I think.)

When is the best time to be in Animal Kingdom? It was rather busy when we went... we seemed to catch the nice busy times.
Yeah I know. My family's been getting away with it for years now xD lol.

And do you mean months or time of day to go to Animal Kingdom?

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 12-17-2011, 08:36 PM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase

Best time overall - months, days, time. We went in December 2008, on a Friday, before Christmas, and it was awful

Old 12-19-2011, 03:16 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Best time overall - months, days, time. We went in December 2008, on a Friday, before Christmas, and it was awful
Months I would say week after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day itself (irony xD lol), March before any Spring Breaks, May, September besides the weekends, and during the days I would say it is good to go in the early morning and come back in late afternoon around parade time until closing.

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 12-19-2011, 04:15 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
My family has gone to WDW around Thanksgiving twice now, and it really isn't too bad. The day after Thanksgiving is awful, as people will tell you, but the rest of the days around that are pretty nice. That really doesn't make sense to me or my mom, because you'd think more people would be shopping on Black Friday. *shrug* Well, there's shopping at Disney World....blargh.

But yeah, around Thanksgiving time really isn't too bad of a time to go, if you ignore Black Friday.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
Why would the new turnstiles be a problem for passholders?
Old 12-20-2011, 12:42 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
I'm referring to the sticker part. I have to find out more about it of course but it sounds like it might give problems to us passholders who use our tickets quite often and go through the other turnstiles. Once again I don't know for sure since I have yet to see it myself.

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 12-20-2011, 04:15 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
I still don't understand how putting a sticker on it would be a problem, but I get confused easily I guess.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:35 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
I still don't understand how putting a sticker on it would be a problem, but I get confused easily I guess.
One time they had for some reason put a sticker on mine and it would not function properly after that so they had to replace my ticket xD I had no idea what it was for though.

-Stitchco
-Stitchco