Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old Hi everyone

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Hall of Fame

Grandma is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hi everyone

I'm Grandma, the new mini mod for this forum. I want to repost some things Tepcat said in her thread because I think it needs to be readdressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepcat View Post
The most common rules violated are:
a. Spam – multiple posts and nonsense posts
b. Violence – I do not allow kill, dead, guns or blood
c. Romance – No boyfriends, girlfriends, or kisses

Spam – Responses are appreciated by the authors, but keep it on the subject of the story. Nonsense posts will be deleted. If you want to act silly while you are waiting for the story to continue, then use the java chat button on the front page (right column) and talk with each other in real time. The toontown chat room is almost always empty and Nick would love for all of you to chat there and have fun. You could also use it to work on RPGs and then copy and paste the chat onto a post and do some quick edits. I also consider anyone not a mod to be spamming when they tell others about rule violations. PM me, do not post it.

NOTE: It is not considered to be double or triple or even quadruple posting when the author of the story is writing a story.

Violence – I have found that by focusing on removing the above four words – kill, dead, blood, guns – the amount of violence within the stories/RPGs has reduced dramatically. That is the primary reason I was editing posts originally. Once you have to stop and think of an alternate word, then the story changes a bit and it is usually a better story. It is also against the G-rating the forum has in place. Bugs Bunny may appear to harm things, but everyone knows that nothing bad actually happens. Make sure that is also understood in your stories/RPGs.

Romance – And this is my current reason to edit posts. I understand that you are starting to notice the difference between boys and girls, but it is not G-rated. If I allow you to post about boyfriends and girlfriends then we will get married and then we will have kids and before I know it, we’ll have posts discussing how people get kids. In order to keep the G-rating (and I WILL keep the G-rating), I am not allowing the above words to be mentioned except as the ending to a story. If the story has the boy kissing the girl and then they ride off into the sunset with a huge heart closing the screen – cool. Otherwise – you will either be edited or removed.

http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...nd_Disclaimers

Tepcat
Kitty Mod - GIRL
I am planning on going through all the stories and editing out a lot of violations I have been seeing. From this day forward I expect the rules of the site to be followed.

I've really enjoyed all the stories I've read so far and hope to keep enjoying your creations. There are some very talented people on this site.

Just remember to keep within the policies of VMK and everything will go smoothly.

Thanks!
Grandma
Old 09-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Banned

Xiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Welcome to the Stories Forum! Home to new ideas, LOL.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:20 PM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Hola Grandma! We'll be seeing each other a lot, since I love to make stories
Old 09-12-2007, 07:21 PM
hi

My Mood: SaveVMK
evina is spinning in a Cursed Storm
hi grandma! i have seen a lot of new mods. are the old ones gone?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evina View Post
hi grandma! i have seen a lot of new mods. are the old ones gone?
Silly Princess Retired
Old 09-12-2007, 09:06 PM
June 2nd 05 - May 21st 08
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Smilie Winners Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Author
coolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Welcome Grandma! Thanx for the sticky!
Old 09-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Soda || KaiSo
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Spammy
SassaFrazz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hello Grandma!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Waffles! :)

My Mood: Bumpiness
TerranceLover1 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
hhehehehe hello grandma it6s great to have u here!!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Bird - The one and only.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

TheBird is as Frosty as a Snowman
I like your new crack-down on these rules

Just wondering, why did you choose Grandma as your username?

Bird