Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old Hi everyone

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Hall of Fame

Grandma is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Rules for this forum

We seem to have an on going problem in this forum that I think needs to be adressed. There have been several issues so I am going to try to make it very clear what is not allowed. Hopefully this will clear up a lot of the thread clutter that is happening here. I will bold the things you need to really listen to.

http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...nd_Disclaimers

Cross-Posting/Multiple Posting/Bumping
Cross-posting/Multiple Posting/Bumping is copying posts/threads several times throughout the forum or consecutive (one right after another) replies to a thread or posting to bump a thread to the top for no logicial or beneficial reason (Bumps are only allowed 24 hours AFTER your last post to the thread.). One thread per new subject / one reply needed (use the Edit feature if you need to add something).
Repeat/cross-postings will be removed/moved/merged as needed.

Double posting and multi-bumping is a no no.

Off-Topic/Nonsense Posts
If your post/thread doesn't make sense or is filled with gibberish, these posts will be removed. While we expect that some topics will stray a bit, if it completely hijacks the thread and/or disrupts the flow, those posts will either be removed or split into its own thread.

It's ok to tell the author that you like the story. It's ok to talk about a part that you really liked. It is NOT ok to spin off in the post about something entirely different. Take for instance...the author writes about you eating waffles. It's ok to tell him you really don't like waffles in RL, however after that don't get into a spin about how good the hamburgers are at your favorite restaurant and how he should use that in his next chapter. This also leads into the next topic listed below.

Spamming
"Spam" refers to posting identical and/or irrelevant messages to one thread or many different threads that have nothing to do with the intended subject, or posts that disrupt a thread or fill the message board with clutter. Mass PMing people you don't know or who haven't invited you to PM them, posting for the sole purpose of boosting your post count, threads with the sole purpose of posting "what I did today..." (this is a forum, not a blog or chatroom), excessive bumping of threads (you are allowed one bump per thread twenty-four (24) hours after the last post created in the thread!), one or two letter replies (i.e. ok, LOL, Yes, agreed, nods), and excessive use of smileys as a response are all considered "spam".

If everyone pays attention to this and follows these rules the story threads will be a lot cleaner and easier to follow the story line. I don't know about all of you but it's harder to follow a story when you see page after page of posts that are deleted. Let's work together on this and make this a forum we can all be proud of. I have faith in you and know we can do this. I would really hate to have to close a story because people don't listen and the spamming continues to be out of control.

Thanks!
Grandma