Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other Disney/Pixar Games

Other Disney/Pixar Games Including games from PC, XBOX, PS2, Wii and the pocket systems.

Old Muppets ARG?!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:48 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Muppets ARG?!

EDIT: TRAILHEAD! http://www.themuppetexperiment.com/ Your old VMK login should be able to work here
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Any of you who have lurked about the Save VMK forums know how outspoken I am about my opinion that Disney is refusing to advance the potentially explosive new medium that is video games.

Well, as if in answer to my annoyance, they've seemed to read my mind, and are advancing an even more obscure and an even more potentially explosive storytelling medium: Alternate Reality Games.

Posted by another user on an ARG forum I go to:

Quote:
A friend of mine that works for the Mouse sent me the following - which is ironic, since I live nowhere *near* Southern California any longer:

Quote:
From November 17 through December 12, Walt Disney Imagineering will be testing a new Alternate Reality Game featuring The Muppets. Select Annual Passholders will be invited to play by completing four online puzzles at home, helping Kermit find his lost muppet pals. Kermit will then invite players to continue the search in person in Disney's California Adventure® Park by using clues and answering via text from their personal cell phones to complete the game inside the park. Upon completing the game, players will be directed to receive their prize at the Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar.
For those that do not know, an "Alternate Reality Game" is a game which uses the real world as a storytelling platform. Players have the opportunity to interact with actors posing as the characters through blogs, websites, IM chats, face-to-face talks... Or whatever else the puppetmaster (That's ARG lingo for "The team running the game") can imagine.

I'm very exited about this. An Alternate Reality Game, by nature, is the pinnacle of storytelling immersion. If Disney can get this right, this could potentially be the (admittedly small, but not non-existent. The post DOES make it sound like Disney will be making better, bigger ARGs if this one goes well, however) beginning of a huge movement of moving storytelling away from television and out into the real world.

Don't mess this up, Disney.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.

Last edited by LordIllidan; 12-03-2008 at 03:45 AM..
Old 11-15-2008, 11:31 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Count me in!
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 11-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Nothing.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Adventurous
ivanbyte9 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Whoah! Sounds nice, but is it like another game like VMK or is it like a quest?
Old 11-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanbyte9 View Post
Whoah! Sounds nice, but is it like another game like VMK or is it like a quest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post
For those that do not know, an "Alternate Reality Game" is a game which uses the real world as a storytelling platform. Players have the opportunity to interact with actors posing as the characters through blogs, websites, IM chats, face-to-face talks... Or whatever else the puppetmaster (That's ARG lingo for "The team running the game") can imagine.
Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_Reality_Game

Old 11-16-2008, 01:09 AM
Starbucks = LOVE!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 

My Mood: Snow!
ParamoreGal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
One word: Awesomeness! BTW in the title it looks like you are saying: Muppets arg?!
Like you are mad at them or something lol
Old 11-16-2008, 02:32 AM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Yeah^ LOL. I hope we get the AP thing. We're AP holders, We're= my family.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Sounds awesome.. :P
- acefredfred
Old 11-18-2008, 05:00 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

Today is November 17th! Anyone gotten anything yet?

Old 11-19-2008, 01:07 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Im not a pass holder... :P
-acefredfred
Old 11-19-2008, 01:14 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
That is really cool, I have been hoping that Disney would do something with the muppets for awhile now(my family and I are huge muppets fans).
Old 11-19-2008, 07:05 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Wow. Cool. Its almost like the in-park quests for VMK!

Old 11-27-2008, 03:04 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Joy To The World 

VIP
My Mood: BadMood
garfieldboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
lol I love the muppets, Gonzo, Kermit and finding Sam the Bald american eagle
Old 11-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

My Mood: Festive
Disneyzoodude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks for the complicated words
Anyways, sounds interesting.

-D
Old 12-01-2008, 12:51 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
if it comes out, im definetly not playin it. LOL
Old 12-03-2008, 03:43 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

The trailhead has finally been released! http://www.themuppetexperiment.com/

Also, some players have already gotten replies from a Dr. Brunsen Honeydew

The first email:
Quote:
Hello [Player name]! This is Dr. Bunsen Honeydew of Muppet Labs, where tomorrow is the future.

Our latest invention - The Muppet Labs Time Rewinder(TM) -- is complete! My assistant Beaker has already taken his first trip - exactly five minutes into the past. He tells me that this recent past is just like the present day, except it happened five minutes earlier! Extraordinary! While this was a highly impressive test, there is much more to do. Thousands have applied to be test subjects for this next round of experiments. The first lucky applicants selected are:

* Kermit the Frog
* Miss Piggy
* The Swedish Chef
* Rowlf the Dog
* Fozzie Bear
* Sam the Eagle

If your name is not listed above, don't worry! More volunteers will be selected every hour, so keep an eye on your inbox. Next stop: the past!

Scientifically yours,
Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
The second one, sent 6 hours after the first:
Quote:
Hello again PostLarval! Dr. Bunsen Honeydew here. We've had a slight...uh, incident here at Muppet Labs: it seems that some of our test subjects have gone missing!

We were preparing to embark on the maiden voyage of The Muppet Labs Time Rewinder(TM) when Kermit suggested we photograph everyone inside this technological marvel. However, instead of picking up the camera and pressing the button, my assistant Beaker accidentally picked up the Time Rewinder controls and sent everyone back through time! (Oopsie!) As a result Kermit and his friends are now scattered across California in the year 1937!

Not to worry! Thanks to the Rewinder's attached Muppet Labs Dial-a-Time Phone, Beaker and I are in contact with Kermit. But we could use your help to track down the others. For the sake of science and the well-being of our volunteers, please head over to our website to learn how you and your family can work with us to bring our lost friends home again.

Please hurry! The time-space continuum is in your hands!

Scientifically yours,
Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
I'll try to keep you all updated on the findings at the other forums