Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support > Fixed

Fixed Computer Technical Support archive

Old Tablet PCs

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:22 AM
You can't compare with

Maribeth is as Frosty as a Snowman
I like the Toshiba website, however it won't let me access the page "Shop Tablet PCs" so I can't shop for them.

Wow.. a required school supply? >.< I couldn't go to your school. However on the Toshiba site is showed a bunch of kids with them. I want a Toshiba one; it looks nice. However.. money.

Hehe.
Hello.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:36 AM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

PaperClip is floating through Inner Space
Try this: http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/...-31397&seg=HHO
Old 11-08-2006, 12:40 AM
You can't compare with

Cool, thanks. I went through on another page and customized one and made it cost like $600 more than at first but I hope I can persuade my mom/dad/grandparents/friends all I want is money for the next couple years.

Hehe.
Hello.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

If that doesn't work, what I'd do is what my dad made me do when I was little to make a lot of money. Go door-to-door asking people if they would like their address painted on their curb side. Charge them $20. If you did 10 houses, you would have (already) about $200 :h-biggrin
Old 11-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Environmentalist
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Zebraa is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowasas View Post
If that doesn't work, what I'd do is what my dad made me do when I was little to make a lot of money. Go door-to-door asking people if they would like their address painted on their curb side. Charge them $20. If you did 10 houses, you would have (already) about $200 :h-biggrin
LOL never heard of that one before! You could also babysit, sell lemonade (:P), etc...
Old 11-09-2006, 01:32 AM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebraa View Post
LOL never heard of that one before! You could also babysit, sell lemonade (:P), etc...
Trust me, my dad is weird!
Old 11-09-2006, 01:36 AM
Weird, I feel invisible..

Capt.Winner is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I got my new tablet laptop about a month ago. I love it! It's so easy to use, and definitely fun. It's also nice when your drawing something in paint. Mine's a Toshiba, and works like a charm..Hope you get one soon!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:23 AM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

One thing they are mentioned for on the "Why Do I Need A Tablet Page" is for art/artists. Since scanners have become "Old School" now, tablets make it easy to draw, digitally.

BTW: If you are going to be drawing a lot of artwork on your tablet, I reccomend using PSP or PhotoShop. I personally thing PSP is better for the drawings, although you might want to get PhotoShop or both!
Old 11-09-2006, 12:04 PM
You can't compare with

I know; I'd like to buy one of them, but I'm not sure. I actually know how to use PhotoShop, but there are no tools for actually drawing. Also on PSP, I do not like their animation program, but Photoshop doesn't even come with one.

Maybe if I actually learn how to use the Animation shop correctly, then I could use it.

But either way, I have to pay more for that.

Now I have a question for anyone who actually has a tablet. Everyone says it's a lot easier to play Fireworks and such, but how do you press the arrow keys? I'd have to get a hybrid, one that uses a keyboard also, and then it'd still be a pain cause the arrows are all the way on my right and I use my left hand for the arrows. And it'd be awkward touching the screen at that angle.

Is there a way to operate something that moves the arrow keys on the mode where you can't see the keyboard?

Hehe.
Hello.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Weird, I feel invisible..

Capt.Winner is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yes, most tablets have a pad at the bottom where you can write, press keys, and arrows, etc.
Now, when you put it on tablet mode, you can still use this pad. Not only that, but you can change where the pad is to fit what your comfortable with.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:04 PM
VMK Expert

lil325 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maribeth View Post
I know; I'd like to buy one of them, but I'm not sure. I actually know how to use PhotoShop, but there are no tools for actually drawing. Also on PSP, I do not like their animation program, but Photoshop doesn't even come with one.

Maybe if I actually learn how to use the Animation shop correctly, then I could use it.

But either way, I have to pay more for that.

Now I have a question for anyone who actually has a tablet. Everyone says it's a lot easier to play Fireworks and such, but how do you press the arrow keys? I'd have to get a hybrid, one that uses a keyboard also, and then it'd still be a pain cause the arrows are all the way on my right and I use my left hand for the arrows. And it'd be awkward touching the screen at that angle.

Is there a way to operate something that moves the arrow keys on the mode where you can't see the keyboard?
Yes i have to use that awkward left hand arrows, right hand mouse...i became very skilled at it, but now i just stick to pirates. its really not that much of a hassle just takes some time getting used to.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:44 AM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

PhotoShop does too come with an animation thing! It even has is own program; ImageReady. PSP doesn't have animation. And both of them have tools to draw.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:49 AM
Find Me on IRC
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Penguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Wow! Those look really, really cool! I wish i had one.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:11 AM
You can't compare with

Quote:
Originally Posted by allowasas View Post
PhotoShop does too come with an animation thing! It even has is own program; ImageReady. PSP doesn't have animation. And both of them have tools to draw.
Well I'm just confused now. I thought I had tried ImageReady with PSP. I didn't like it. And usually I had been trial-ing PhotoShop. But Corel photoshop, not Jasc, so Idk if there's a difference. And on Corel Photoshop XI it has really horrible drawing tools. Or I didn't see them, in which case.. don't say anything.

Hehe.
Hello.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I might buy a tablet pc next year. I want to buy it to take notes for classes and play on VMK!