Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > VMKF's Competitions and Contests

VMKF's Competitions and Contests Threads containing our competitions, contests, and suggestions.

Old May

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Find Me on IRC
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Penguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
1)
I am going to miss all of my hats, but there is one that I am going to miss the most. One would be the recent Gator Hat I received from a friend. It feels nice to know that there are people who out there that give and decide not to take. I would like to thank that person; you know who you are.
I am going to miss my Bat Magic. A very close friend gave this to me as a gift when I couldn't afford it the first October (2005). We were very close, but he stopped coming on late last year. I remember the time when we were sitting in his ice cube castle, and I was saying how the room was amazing. Then he asked me to trade and gave it to me at no cost at all. Thank you very much, and I hope that we will see each other in the future.
I will miss my "New Years, See you Memories!" room. This was the first room that I made that a staff member came to. It was a huge hit, and it was also the first time I was on the Top List. It was the best new years I've ever had, and I felt accomplished, even if I didn't win Best Quest.
2)
I'm happy that I don't have to deal with trading. I was never a fantastic trader. When I ended up forgetting to buy something, I could never trade for it. Never had the right times; glad that's over!
3) I wish VMK would have added more mini games. After playing the same games over and over, they got a little boring.
I wish VMK would have lowered their prices. What are we, made of credits? [at least I wasn't...]
Old 05-03-2008, 06:10 PM
-Insert Title Here-
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Procastinating
SonicBoom is as Frosty as a Snowman
Going to miss

I am going to miss all my friends who have helped me so far and aren't on the VMKF so I can't even contact them.

Pirates! I always loved that game (even though I lose lol)!

The glitches that we could do like BoomCrash on waterslide that were all so funny.

Glad to see go

The scammers that were always killing other people's time and work. I can't believe they would waste their time scamming others in a game.

Improvements

More words in the dictionary, like said before "pie" or "JackSparrow" and things like that.

To take out that cyclone loading feature under the people.
Cyclone + Room with 15 people and firewalls that are ON = Major Lag
Old 05-03-2008, 06:22 PM
ImJustBeeNme
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Pensive
bee2u is covered with Confettibee2u is covered with Confettibee2u is covered with Confetti
Top things I will miss:
1. Designing rooms. Only one of my rooms ever got much notice, but I've really enjoyed building all my rooms.
2. Quests, both player made and host quests. Quests were one of the first things I discovered on VMK, and I've always enjoyed them (even though I rarely won due to a slow computer.)
3. Hats. I never wear one in real life, but it's very rare to see ImjustBeeNme without one.

Things I'l be glad to see go:
baby, taken, and people who beg for free

Improvements:
1. An 'invisibility mode' where I could be online without showing up on anyone's list. [Often at the end of a very stressfull day I'd log on to relax (usualy by building a room) and end up spending all my time answering messages and explaining why the room I was in was closed (because it's hard to design a room with people in the way, and I can't really pay much attention to conversation when placing objects.) I just needed twenty minutes or so of not having to interact with anyone.]
2. A beginner's level to fireworks and pirates. It's very hard to get good at the game when you can't get a high enough score to make it past the first round. I think this is the main reason so many people never really liked fireworks. And in Pirates, I know there is a level one, but since anyone can play it, the newer or less experienced players regularly get demolished by expert players, and since you have to pay to play they often lose credits every time they play. It would be really nice to have a learner's level that could only be played by those who had won 20 times or less.

Last edited by bee2u; 05-03-2008 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: fix typo
Old 05-03-2008, 10:20 PM
!Moar!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

iRaccoon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Think we all know that missing the good times of VMK is in the past..

I'll miss my friends.. Oh how we used to be the Orange Army...
Old 05-03-2008, 10:53 PM
♥>>DEFYING.gravityy<<♥
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Princess
FabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their head
1. I will miss all my items, rooms, and my dearest friends
2.I'm happy i dont have to deal with super hard quests

3.I would make it easier to earn credits, and make sure there is no scamming
Old 05-03-2008, 10:58 PM
.:Remember:.
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
cookiefairy is as Frosty as a Snowman
Entry

My Fab Entry

Things I will miss:

My clothes, my wonderous wonderous - cowboy hat included - clothes! So many styles, so many moods!

My furnishing! I buy only items that I a) Need for a room or b) Look cool or pretty too me. All of my furnishing has a story.

My tiki room. It was my first room I picked when I signed up for VMK, and I've always been very proud that I've somehow managed to keep it!

Glad to see go?

Junge Cruise! A bore to me!

Improvements:

A wider variety of games ~ some trivia would have been nice

Begone host rooms that involve so much waiting in line to be dc!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:15 PM
HEY YOU GUYS!!!1!!
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Golden Years Award Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
Spottedleaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
3 Things I will Miss-
1. My VMK Friends,
2. My stuff.
3. And best of all, VMK itself.

Thats my first entry.

Glad to see go?

Mansion.
It makes my computer lag and makes my internet go out >_<

Improvements:

;__; Our Rooms
I wish we could have made a upstairs for our room.
Cause that would be easier with mansions and stuff.
And room building for like mansions ^___^

Last edited by Spottedleaf; 05-03-2008 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: Oops. I forgot that there was more.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Happy Holidays!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 6

VIP
My Mood: Dreaming
izzie is floating through Inner Space
Three Virtual Things I'll Miss Most
1). My Virtual Clothes- Man, I wish some of them I could wear in real life! (okay, well maybe not) but they were really cool! I don't even have that many flip flops in real life! xD
2). My Pins & Magic- When I had first joined VMK, I hated pins, and how people judged you on your lanyard. I had finally started liking pins and I had a nice magic collection from magic month, but now I'm just going to loose it all.
3). My purple flag- I loved that purple flag from the gingerbread contest! It was so adorable! xD

One Virtual Thing I Won't Miss
1). Bug Eyes- Those things just creeped me out. I may have found a liking to them once or twice, but a very short liking. They reminded me of giant bugs, and I dislike bugs strongly.

Two Things to Improve VMK
1). Actual Responses from Contact Us- Instead of that automated message from Shorty, I think that Host's/other staff could respond, kinda like a call for help, but more detailed.
2). No talking in Pirates- Those rude people wanted to make me scream!
Old 05-04-2008, 01:43 AM
Captn, I still got ammo!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 

kingkris is floating through Inner Space
Things I'll miss:

My friends. People I have grown to be good friends with, hanging out and chitt-chatting about nothing and everything.

Making rooms. I love new items and making rooms. I will miss this emensley. It was fun to think of new ways to create things and new ways to use even old items. I had alot of fun making rooms.

I will miss playing pirates.

Things I'm glad to see go:

Well, lag. Not many online games where you have to worry about the lag.

Improvements:

More servers so more people can be in the same room and less lag in pirates. Maybe lower some of the prices on magic and other items on sale so everyone can enjoy them (especially since they are already only available for a short time period anyways).

Off Topic : What if VMK was like Toowntown?? What if they made it a 3D game like Toontown? I think that would be cool!
Old 05-04-2008, 02:13 AM
Blonder.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Katarina is covered with ConfettiKatarina is covered with ConfettiKatarina is covered with Confetti
3 things i'll miss:

1. My hotel pins!! I personally LOVE this set, as it reminds me so much of all the parks around the world. I also remeber how overjoyed I was when I got my Grand Californian Hotel Pin!!

2. My favorite light red lanyard shirt, My red jeans, and my RED FLIPS! They have always been my favorite outfit since i traded my green bag pants in beta.

3. My "The Spirit of Christmas" Room!!! I have had so many friends donate and help me with this room it's more than a room. It has a little piece of frendship in each piece Not to mention I just finished it and christmas is my favorite holiday EVER!

One thing I won't miss:
Taken. There are so many bad things that came from this! So many annoting people always asking you if your taken and the whole sci-fi dine-in is mostly taken people. I mean, it's OK i guess.... but it's not fair that you can't go into a room without hearing that stuff. Also, so many people do taken innapropriately. It truly is something i won't miss.

2 (or 3) Changes:
1. Lag! I wish at least for this last month of vmk someway, they could fix the lag!
2. More things themed to the actual disney parks! Like the figment hats, the dreams castle, and the epcot turnstiles!
(3.)KEEP VMK OPEN! lol

Thanks for doing this. I hope after vmk closes, this thread will bring back many many memories Have a magical day in VMK!
Old 05-04-2008, 02:43 AM
Bizzlebits Haha
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1
Baconbits is floating through Inner Space
1.) I will miss the music on vmk - it made me feel magical
I will miss my friends - that have done so much for me (thank you).
I will miss all the public rooms - that allow us to meet each other and have great times!

2.) I will not miss the people who think they are better than everyone else - we are all equal.

3.) I would allow us to have unlimited amounts of friends - I'd love more friends.
I would allow us to be able to use the skyline and bobsled in the Matterhorn room. - I always wanted to ride those things since the first days of VMK!

-Thanks for giving us this chance. Bits
Old 05-04-2008, 02:58 AM
GoofyWaterCoaster
Awards Showcase
Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 

My Mood: Goofyy
GoofyWaterCoaster is spinning in a Cursed Storm
1. List the three (3) "Virtual PHYSICAL" things you will miss the most. These can be NPCs, clothing, furniture, rooms, etc. Dream Ears, Host Rooms, My Sweet Magic Collection

2. List the number one (1) "Virtual PHYSICAL" thing that you are thankful you will never have to deal with again. TAKEN

3. List two (2) things that you think could improve VMK. Have an "In POTC Ignore Button," have the Jungle Cruise Game give you credits
Old 05-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Disneyland is the Best!!!
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Artistic
BanannaSplitzer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Things That I'll Miss:
My Character(i 'm Gonna Miss It I Looked SOOOO... Much Like Me)
My Friends.
All Of My Magic (it Was So Cool!)

Things That I Won't Miss

Scammers
Cute Or Boot
VMK Babys
Glitches

Improvements

Less Credit On Stuff
More Mini-Games
Less Crashes

( I'm Gonna Miss You VMK )
Old 05-04-2008, 05:25 AM
AlwaysBella
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

My Mood: Busy
LadyBella is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Things I will miss:
1. Designing rooms that I could share with friends and other players. It was a joy to see them excited to come to my rooms.
2. The hosts. They were very nice to me and helped make vmk a fun place.
3. All the new and exciting things that the VMK designers would create.

Something that I won't miss:
1. The greed and envy that some items created in players.

Improvements:
1. Making everything available to everybody, and nothing available only "with real-life purchase".
2. Have quest kiosks be cheaper.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:31 PM
VMK Memories ♥

webgrrl333 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Three Physical Things I Will Miss....
♥ My Adorable Clothes (Especially My Minnie Hat; It Has Been With Me Since Almost The Beginning of the Game).
♥ Pirates of the Caribbean Game (Wow So Many Memories of Games With My VMK Friends).
♥ And OBVIOUSLY My VMK Pals! (They Have Supported Me and Helped Me Throughout the Game and They are Like My BFF's From Real Life).

Glad to See Go?....
♥ Definitely All the Whiney Players and People Who '' Cry? '' Because They Didn't Get Something; Also the Strangers Who Blamed Me Whenever They Couldn't Accomplish Something!

Improvements.....
♥ One Would Probably Be the ''Help!'' System. There Have Been So Many Times Where I Have Seen People Scammed and People Being Downright Rude but VMK Staff Just Said to "IGNORE?"
♥ Also the L.A.G. Problems. There Were Many Times I Couldn't Finish a Quest and I Was So Upset Just Because L.A.G. Got In The Way!!

Another Improvement Would Also Be It Not Closing LOL

Forever ♥ VMK,
Sugariisweet (VMK Title)