Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old 4/07/08 - Yavn Speaks: VMK CLOSES FOR GOOD!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:43 AM
cuteskaterflip
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

sdkfrachel is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyA View Post
Well people lets think of it this way:

Most of us are addicted, now we cant get off our butts [can i say butts? o_o] and go outside, get active and enjoy our lives!

I am sad [and still in shock 0_o] to see vmk closing.. forever pretty much :I.
Not because I'm addicted.. but because the people Ive met online.. truly changed my life.

Vmk has shown me that we are all people, no matter how annoying, rude, sweet, mean, nice, or self-centered we are. Vmk has shown me that we all have a chance to make it to the top [like real life] we all start out as guests and after a while, we reach the tops..
Vmk also has shown me that we can't judge people by what they look like.
And to be honest.. i did judge people. Now only thing i see in people is good or bad personalities, even for school too.

There are a number of things vmk has shown me, but most importantly what ill miss.. are the people that were my friends.

These people are the reason why i joined, left, came back, and still play vmk right now, after almost 3 years. If i knew them, no matter what age, what they look like, or how they act.. i would be their friend and maybe a best friend.

I want to thank all the Staff members here and in vmk, [other vmk sites too -.-] for making vmk so magical after almost 2.5 years. Vmk has had it's ups and downs, and complaining players, scammers, traders, potc players, award winners, community leaders, and all the cute little guests on main street, who have joined together to make vmk what it is now.

Truly will miss coming on to see some virtual smiles, some hugs, and fights. I will miss building rooms, and talking to people.

But we all must understand, there really is good out of vmk closing. Now all of us, can spend more time with our families, our loved ones, study in school [stay in school -.-], make the right choices, and when were old and in our rocking chairs, we can remember the moments in our life that were to die for, and for some people vmk would pop up in their heads. i know it will pop up in mine...

[: <3 Stay
Glad to be enjoying vmk for the next month.

Agreed 100%
We should just follow this.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:43 AM
A Silly Girl

My Mood: Dreamy
dreamytime is as Frosty as a Snowman
Well the Mods have taken my post out regarding phone numbers and contact information to make your voice heard.
Google for it.
It is available!
Contact them and make your voice heard.
Disney Internet Group.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:44 AM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
VMK was cool hey but its gone we all knew VMK was going to end sometime..

"Keep Moving Forward"
Old 04-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Silly boy.

My Mood: Woot
GoofyLuke ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Wow I can't believe it. I'm not going to cry because it's not worth the lies we have heard over the three years.

What a shame, VMK.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

VMK is this funny?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:48 AM
whatevs.

moviedude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'll miss you VMK. =[

</3
Old 04-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Good Morning VMKF Crew!

My Mood: VMK
MasterMario is spinning in a Cursed Storm
We will miss you VMK. We all knew VMK won't last forever. I thought it would last through 2010, but I was wrong.

VMK: 2005- May 21st 2008.

May VMK Rest In Peace... Let's have a moment of Silence.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:50 AM
Awards Showcase

just "Keep Moving Forward"

"Keep Moving Forward"
Old 04-08-2008, 01:51 AM
I loveee you.♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Cheerful
SemmaSweetie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyA View Post
Well people lets think of it this way:

Most of us are addicted, now we cant get off our butts [can i say butts? o_o] and go outside, get active and enjoy our lives!

I am sad [and still in shock 0_o] to see vmk closing.. forever pretty much :I.
Not because I'm addicted.. but because the people Ive met online.. truly changed my life.

Vmk has shown me that we are all people, no matter how annoying, rude, sweet, mean, nice, or self-centered we are. Vmk has shown me that we all have a chance to make it to the top [like real life] we all start out as guests and after a while, we reach the tops..
Vmk also has shown me that we can't judge people by what they look like.
And to be honest.. i did judge people. Now only thing i see in people is good or bad personalities, even for school too.

There are a number of things vmk has shown me, but most importantly what ill miss.. are the people that were my friends.

These people are the reason why i joined, left, came back, and still play vmk right now, after almost 3 years. If i knew them, no matter what age, what they look like, or how they act.. i would be their friend and maybe a best friend.

I want to thank all the Staff members here and in vmk, [other vmk sites too -.-] for making vmk so magical after almost 2.5 years. Vmk has had it's ups and downs, and complaining players, scammers, traders, potc players, award winners, community leaders, and all the cute little guests on main street, who have joined together to make vmk what it is now.

Truly will miss coming on to see some virtual smiles, some hugs, and fights. I will miss building rooms, and talking to people.

But we all must understand, there really is good out of vmk closing. Now all of us, can spend more time with our families, our loved ones, study in school [stay in school -.-], make the right choices, and when were old and in our rocking chairs, we can remember the moments in our life that were to die for, and for some people vmk would pop up in their heads. i know it will pop up in mine...

Glad to be enjoying vmk for the next month.
Stacy, i couldn't agree more.

whether it was those huge dramatic little fights that we had;
to those goofy little quotes and silly laughs and inside jokes.

we all have to face it;
it's coming to an end.

like those quotes say 'You don't miss something till it's not there'
im starting to believe it more now.

I know my friends and i - we weren't the perfect little vmk souls.
we'd get warnings for our crazy thoughts that weren't always the best
or the visits from Staff telling us to change the room name or our signature...
but yet;
we loved this game.

Even though...we were always complaing how bored we are.
but truth be told.
We weren't bored at all;
just not apperciating the moment.
[do you get that?]

VMK leaving is a big change, and it will affect alot of us [maybe even like 90% of us] - we were taking advantage of our time. we should use the time we have left to show our friends how much we love them. Those little fights everyone has[nobody is perfect] - I admit it. I'm into drama. i get caught up in it alot *me [and] my friends* but we all r bestfriends for life. and it's really hard not to forget them.

Like Stacy said before, some vmk people will wind up in my head every now and so will the memories we hold with them.
VMK is something truly magical.
I wish i had more time to apperiacate what ive recieved and the friends i have made. I'm grateful for all of them. Even the ones who were once enimies[]
A friend is a friend.
and yes, the game was virtual. [but like people have mentioned before]
the people who [play] the game are real as anyone can ever be.

So with that in mind... i may remind you...

I've said it once, and ill say it again.

No matter how much people say "im bored" or "this game is lame" or "vmk staff is mean"
truth is...
all of us...
we love this game.

Last edited by SemmaSweetie; 04-08-2008 at 02:02 AM.. Reason: added something
Old 04-08-2008, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the memories!

BaldEagleBob is floating through Inner Space
Well, now! I guess all those people that have been telling me to stop getting upset over "Just a Game" are singing a different tune now, aren't they?

Sorry, but I had to say it.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:52 AM
misses VMK
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

ACECpt.RICH is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I love everyone of you guys -- and I will probably repeat myself too many times.

Please stay and touch, and PM if you would like to do so!

Remember the good times, and how much we all grew as people
Old 04-08-2008, 01:55 AM
2013's gonna be my year.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Musical
Flute_Piccolo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
vmk is my life. Now I am more depressed than ever O.o
Old 04-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Registered+

gentlebreezes63 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
WOW, I saw people talking about this and I had to check into for myself! Speechless is what I am at this very moment! So very sad!! I hope that VMKF will stay up so we can at least chat with the friends we have made. VMK was an awsome place to have fun. I have made many memories! It was fun while it lasted!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Banned

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Dreaming
supernov is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Woah. Seriously guys. We've all played this game for 3 years and yall are just giving up like that? I mean ok all good things must come to an end but VMK still has such a large fan base. If everyone called them or contacted Disney in some way they would see that we all love it and want it to stay. Sure Disney can be rude but if enough people stand up and have a say then what's stopping us from saving a game we all love? I mean this is 3 years of memories, 3 years of trying to earn the rare things, 3 years of vactioning in Flordia or California to get VMK items, 3 years of some of the best friends in the world that no one could ever pass up on. It's only been 3 years. If we are all quiet and don't stand up for something then why do we have mouths? What makes us different from people in the past who stood up and saved things? We are all people. We can do this.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:59 AM
VMKs Thrill Seeking Pirat

StacyA is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemmaSweetie View Post
Stacy, i couldn't agree more.

whether it was those huge dramatic little fights that we had;
to those goofy little quotes and silly laughs and inside jokes.

we all have to face it;
it's coming to an end.

like those quotes say 'You don't miss something till it's not there'
im starting to believe it more now.

I know my friends and i - we weren't the perfect little vmk souls.
we'd get warnings for our crazy thoughts that weren't always the best
or the visits from Staff telling us to change the room name or our signature...
but yet;
we loved this game.

Even though...we were always complaing how bored we are.
but truth be told.
We weren't bored at all;
just not apperciating the moment.
[do you get that?]

VMK leaving is a big change, and it will affect alot of us [maybe even like 90% of us] - we were taking advantage of our time. we should use the time we have left to show our friends how much we love them. Those little fights everyone has[nobody is perfect] - I admit it. I'm into drama. i get caught up in it alot *me [and] my friends* but we all r bestfriends for life. and it's really hard not to forget them.

I've said it once, and ill say it again.

No matter how much people say "im bored" or "this game is lame" or "vmk staff is mean"
truth is...
all of us...
we love this game.
[: Jackie you speak cold hard truth.

I agree with you a 110%
Now all those little moments seem like nothing..
in a pool of long memories.