Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Events

VMK Events VMK Events

Old RIDE-A-THON: Today, Tomorrow and Sunday!!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Registered+

DerekJ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayman View Post
It certainly smells like a room competition on the horizon to me. The walls can be used to build the rooms, while the credits can help to buy other items to decorate the ride rooms or even the ride pieces.
Which is exactly what I was saying earlier:
Ride-a-thons are "fashion shows" for the next bit of ride furniture, which, as you may have noticed, is islands, waterfalls, and Peter Pan ships...
Just as it was Gingerbread houses the last time, and Alice rides before that, and Club 33 before that.

Since VMK is about park promotion, they use March's "Pirate & Princess Party" (do you Disneyland folks have one over there?--Went to the WDW one last year) as an excuse to tie it into Captain Hook, but it's clear we're getting all that Pan Ride stuff that was supposed to come out at the same time as the Alice Ride stuff.
(In fact, sometimes would get a glitch and have Pan ships appearing on the Alice tracks...They were obviously intended to hit the stores at the same time, ie., back when the Fantasyland Courtyard first appeared.)

And as for why Shark Magic is in stores...have a feeling we're not going to see that Advanced Card Game after all, and all those cool prizes are going to make their way to the stores, just like the Star Carpets and the Tower of Terror Elevator.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

FrontierDonovan has disabled reputation
Great Thoughts DerekJ! That's a great Idea

~Front
Old 03-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Madame Type Rope Girl
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Annoyed
Pixie_Jess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyLuke View Post
Yay if you ride it all day for one hundred times you get a huge prize of 100 walls and 1K!

Congrats!
-Goofy
Good to see that some people are looking at this ride a thon as good thing. If your determined to ride it 100 times, which is possible, if you started since the morning, considering that the time was changed and maybe not alot of people noticed it in the morning...

^_^ Pixie_Jess XOXOXOXOXOX
Old 03-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Doodoodoodoo
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

2starTagregory is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisSch View Post
LOL. At least Harmony is having fun with the people, before booting them of course!

Lol, he also gave me a consolation prize, the same as normal, for VMK's coocooness
Old 03-09-2008, 10:06 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
If there is a team ride competition, I'm pretty sure there will be rants about people not having teams or they didn't get to enter in time. Maybe gingerbread competition all over again.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Piano Man!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Where
groovysqirrel is floating through Inner Space
What a fun weekend, I managed to catch VMK_Red, and HOST_Harmony throughout the rides.

I've gotten a TON of these walls the last two days and can't wait to get building with them.

I'd like to give a big thanks to HOST_Bella for making these awesome rides, and all the other HOST_'s I have seen running through them - booting players, and just having fun. Thanks a bunch!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:37 PM
< All my Pink dogs! :)
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

sunnyskye is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
If there is a team ride competition, I'm pretty sure there will be rants about people not having teams or they didn't get to enter in time. Maybe gingerbread competition all over again.
Except this time I will be able to enter.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:40 PM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I just hope that if there's a room competition this month, it'll be a team one. It's a lot more fun if you build with people you know and love!
Old 03-10-2008, 03:14 AM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
And it's closed!
Let's see what do we do with the walls
Old 03-10-2008, 04:33 AM
Silly boy.

My Mood: Woot
GoofyLuke ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Maybe we won't have a room competition or ride competition and can throw them into a store room!
Old 03-10-2008, 05:12 AM
Registered+

frozenfire is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i sure hope its a ride competition
then we can ride ppl's cool pirate rides
im hoping to enter if there is one
Old 03-10-2008, 05:37 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well all in all a kewl weekend ride a thon. I understand all the ppls opinions about these walls. I am not complaining for the very fact that I stink at pirates game and I am overjoyed that I have a chance to get this for my room building addiction . As far as all the ppl putting those stupid gifts and dancing on the walls (of which I reported ) I hope you all enjoy being on the red list. I am sure a ban is in these ppls future considering that any one with even a bit of brains would understand that it is a ride a thon not a 'look at me dancing on the wall!' a thon. Kudos to HOST_Bella for her awesome room building abilities and for making this ride a thon possible. Thanks goes to the staff that kept things stable in the ride environment and I can hardly wait for the next one. Ah, brings back memories of the Christmas ride a thons.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:26 AM
Mrs. DarthMelissa to you!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_phoenix View Post
I just hope that if there's a room competition this month, it'll be a team one. It's a lot more fun if you build with people you know and love!
I've been hoping for a team competition for a long time. I'm going to make StitchMad be on my team (even if I have to threaten to take away his red flips to get him to join....). I'd love to have some really good design people from the forums work together to make a kick behind team.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:19 AM
< All my Pink dogs! :)
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

sunnyskye is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMelissa View Post
I've been hoping for a team competition for a long time. I'm going to make StitchMad be on my team (even if I have to threaten to take away his red flips to get him to join....). I'd love to have some really good design people from the forums work together to make a kick behind team.
Threatening StitchMad sounds fun...count me in! Just kidding Stitch

Yeah I would love a team competition! It would be more fun working with a team than alone. And if you get a bunch of great room designers together, you could make an awesome set of rooms!