Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old A Response from WDIG (Walt Disney Internet Group)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:46 AM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Kid Bugs View Post
Here's the version I would have sent:

> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 1437 -0700
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: WDIG Guest Mail
> From: [email protected]
>
>GALL!, ooo!
>
> Sincerely,
>
>
> -ekb-

GALL = Get A Life, Lamerz!
Think they'll hire me?
OMG... I'm telling EMB (Evil Mommy Bunny) HAH

Keep Moving Forward is a lame excuse they have...
Old 04-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRocket View Post
Ink,
If you have met Yavn. Did he seem suspicious? And can you personally contact him?
That was close to a year ago - so of course not. I do not think VMK has known about this closing for very long. My guess is that it was brought up in a VMK-Disney meeting a few months ago. Contacting anyone for/from VMK will not help, VMK doesn't want to see the game go either. This is yavn's game - I am sure he is fighting for it too.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Cinderellie all I hear...
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 5

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Princess
Rellie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Unhappy This is what I wrote to corporate and internet group

I am a DVC member, Annual passholder ,Disney dining, disney rewards
member , I renewed my wedding vows in Disney world, our son just got
married there and I am a stockholder. Along with many many Disney
purchases for my self and Family members . My one relaxing moment in my
work day is to go on VMK for a couple of hours and get that great Disney
feeling that makes me want to be there sooner , now it is being shut
down shame on all of you !

Their response to me is the same as everyone elses:

Thank you for contacting The Walt Disney Company and VMK.

We have received an outpouring of feedback regarding our decision to
close VMK. We are overwhelmed by the responses and enthusiasm of our
guests, but unfortunately our decision to eventually close VMK is set.
We have explored many different options, including a pay to play model
but have decided to focus more of our time on our new virtual worlds
coming soon, which we are sure that you will love as much as VMK.

Deciding to close VMK was a very difficult decision for us because we
loved creating VMK just as much as you loved playing it. But in a
company that encourages innovation and creativity we have decided to
"keep moving forward" and exploring where the future takes as, because
in the words of Walt Disney, "We keep moving forward, opening new doors,
and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading
us down new paths."

Thank you for being part of this journey with us, and we hope we
continue to see you at Disney.com enjoying what we imagine next!

Sincerely,

Your friends at VMK

Someone should get the Address of Roy Disney
The stockholders saved him !
Always, Rellie
Old 04-11-2008, 01:07 AM
don't turn away__Xx

BestDana is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyth View Post
The only pathetic look is rolling over and putting your legs up like a whipped dog.
Some have what it takes - some are willing to tuck their tails between their legs and scurry off.
Get it? Got it?
Good.
I was not under the impression that Spot was "rolling over and putting [her] legs up like a whipped dog". I was more under the impression that she prefers to stay realistic, that she's grateful for the time she's had on VMK, and isn't as blatantly addicted to this game as many of the people here seem to be. She's not giving up, because she never started fighting. She just believes that this isn't worth all the fuss and the drama and what not, and I actually agree.

Oh, and pathetic, by definition, means "to cause or evoke pity or sympathetic sadness". So really, it's an extremely relative term and open to interpretation based on the values and opinions of a person. Pointing that out serves absolutely no purpose, but I just felt like I should throw that out there, since VMK closing is apparently an extremely touchy subject and people (including me, I'm sure) are interpreting things others say in different ways.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:07 AM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
All of us received the same response.. of course! they needed time to create a letter that covered every concern of each player.
Oh well.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:28 AM
fight for your vmk
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Angelic
PrincessAnnO is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopper View Post
thousands of players have worked hard in the Virtual Magic Kingdom to collect and obtain items, create rooms, quests and friends. Will you set us up with as much stuff as we had? As many credits?
you are telling me to throw away my hard work and PAY. WHy would I play any of your disney online games now that I know that they can be taken away at any time with no notice?

Imagine your employer said "That is nice you got up to Senior programmer but we are telling you that you get to start over as a new employee."
Interesting. And, I so agree with you! Why in the world would I ever begin a PAY to PLAY (other than vmk) to see what I have paid for taken away from me because something new and supposedly better comes along. Nope. Not going to happen. Although Cars, Fairies, Pirates, and cute little penguins are nice, I've never gone out of my way (and never will) for any of those. VMK was a park experience for when I was unable to get there at the end of a long day. It encouraged me in purchasing all things Disney. It was one big ad and I liked it that way! Not gonna pay for anything new on-line Disney unless it's pay to play vmk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmountie View Post
yes but nothing is ever set into stone unless we accept it.
Quote:
This is exactly the steps to take to get heard... Sometimes we need to speak up in any way that gets notice.
At least with a response being sent out they are getting our message. The response is an attempt to quiet us down - offer no hope.
If anything the response should get everyone's efforts doubled! We have been noticed so let's keep it up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyman View Post
As many have said - this is the beginning.

Now Disney is taking notice of what is happening and this will be questioned within Disney - this is where we need to keep fighting strong, we might have a chance!

(for those who want us to stop - we are fighting in something we believe in, which will never stop us, so please let us continue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACECpt.RICH View Post
Congratulations everyone, VMK and Disney is already overwhelmed after only three days!
Yep. If they were prepared for this kind of response, the letter would have been set and ready to go day 1. They didn't see this coming. Doubling the effort right now is the things to do. Do we have a hope? Not if we give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyman View Post
This is yavn's game - I am sure he is fighting for it too.
As I said in one of my other posts....VMK is yavn's baby. And, there is no way a parent ever wants to see their baby dying.

No one ever got anywhere without trying!

Oh, and BestDana,
Quote:
She's not giving up, because she never started fighting. She just believes that this isn't worth all the fuss and the drama and what not, and I actually agree.
ah, if you don't care this much, why are you reading the threads and sticking around the forums? Just wondering....

(hey...I'd pay to continue to play...anyone second that opinion?)
Old 04-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Yoho.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: VMK
DudeRiku is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I don't know about you guys, but it's kinda annoying to hear "Well if Walt was here.." Getting thrown around a lot by everyone. We can't say what Walt would do in a situation like this, because he's not here. Sure you can speculate, but I can say he'd tapdance around a pinata, and my guess would be as spot on as anyone else's. People should just stop using him as an excuse, or a way to make their cause seem right. But hey, it's just my opinion.

As for the letter and VMK closing, I just feel ut's a bad move on Disney's part. It'd be such a shame to see Vmk go. Cars, pixies, pirates online, club penguin, and toontown all don't have that one thing that vmk had that drew me to it: It was like another DisneyWorld/Land, but always there for you, so you can experience the magic at home. This is what made me love Vmk. And I don't want it to just fade to a memory.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:31 AM
₪ ø lll ·o.
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: Insomnious
spot41414 is covered with Confettispot41414 is covered with Confettispot41414 is covered with Confetti
Quote:
There are many parts of this that were a game, but the friends I made will continue on past this. I guess to some it is something else.
Head in no need of examination - sometimes you follow your dreams.
…So your dreams lead you to some site on the computer?
That’s nice.

Dreams are important, but they need to be somewhat grounded.
You need to have one foot on the ground and one foot in the sky.
Let’s say VMK does stay open. What have you accomplished, really?
More of your life being wasted sitting in front of a computer screen and barbequing your eyes?
Really, I was upset about VMK closing, but now I think it’s probably a good thing. Some of you are so obsessed with the game, and you’re treating it like reality.
The friends you met on VMK are just that—friends you met on VMK. You know nothing about them, and they know nothing about you. The person on the other end of that conversation could be a ten-year-old girl, or a forty-six year old man.
Don’t work towards friendships that are never going to come out of the computer. It’s a waste of time.
But, I'm getting off-topic.
I'm really sick of hearing about peoples’ dreams. This is not something you should really be putting a great amount of effort to.

Also, I feel very bad for Martin Luther King Jr. and all of the other heroes you’re comparing this… “Battle” to.
First of all, they had strategies. You’re just trying to scare Disney into giving you what you want.

Another thing—following your “dreams” isn’t always the best thing to do.
Look at the Cherokee!
They sued the government for evicting them from their land and won the court case.
Then the government used the army to kick them out anyway.
All following their “dreams” led to was a bulk of them being killed.

~Spotty
Old 04-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Registered+

DisneyPenguin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I really think they should explain why they can't keep it besides it was opened for the 50th anniversary of WDW.I mean come on.Disney is making lots of moola from VMK from people buying promotion cards and thing like that.I mean,seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot41414 View Post
That’s nice.

More of your life being wasted sitting in front of a computer screen and barbequing your eyes?
Really, I was upset about VMK closing, but now I think it’s probably a good thing. Some of you are so obsessed with the game, and you’re treating it like reality.
The friends you met on VMK are just that—friends you met on VMK. You know nothing about them, and they know nothing about you. The person on the other end of that conversation could be a ten-year-old girl, or a forty-six year old man.
Don’t work towards friendships that are never going to come out of the computer. It’s a waste of time.
But, I'm getting off-topic.
I'm really sick of hearing about peoples’ dreams. This is not something you should really be putting a great amount of effort to.

Also, I feel very bad for Martin Luther King Jr. and all of the other heroes you’re comparing this… “Battle” to.
First of all, they had strategies. You’re just trying to scare Disney into giving you what you want.

Look at the Cherokee!
They sued the government for evicting them from their land and won the court case.

~Spotty
Woah,that is deep
Thinking about it, no matter what you do they're going to close the doors .This really is no battle compared to what famous heroes did to save peoples lives.Yeah sure VMK had memories and we wasted money and time and well,sleep.Thats what screen shots are for.We can't make this that if VMK closes the world is ending.This is not nearly or even as bad as what some people did. I am not saying give up , It really is sad that VMK is your dreams though.
Good point Spotty:-)

Last edited by NaviMap; 04-11-2008 at 01:51 AM.. Reason: merged double posts
Old 04-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Piano Man!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 

My Mood: Where
groovysqirrel is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACECpt.RICH View Post
Congratulations everyone, VMK and Disney is already overwhelmed after only three days!
Think that's good?
Old 04-11-2008, 01:52 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
That’s nice.

One dream can be to continue to play a game that serves as an outlet to stresses in the real world. What have we accomplished? - Seems obvious if it continues.
Quote:
…More of your life being wasted sitting in front of a computer screen and barbequing your eyes?
Each have their own VMK habits - Some are at different places in their maturity as to being handle both the game and the outside world. Try speaking to just your own needs, since you have no idea of others.
Quote:
…The friends you met on VMK are just that—friends you met on VMK. You know nothing about them, and they know nothing about you. The person on the other end of that conversation could be a ten-year-old girl, or a forty-six year old man.
Actually I have met several people from the game in other places and many a friendships have been made. (Wow, and I was still able to balance my friends near by, family,and business contacts. I'm sure that must sound unbelievable to accomplish..unless you had a brain and a life.) Perhaps some have better social skills than others in life.
Quote:
…But, I'm getting off-topic.
Who are you to decide for others what effort they want to devote to anything? Easy way to not be sick of hearing of other's dreams..
Quote:
…Also, I feel very bad for Martin Luther King Jr. and all of the other heroes you’re comparing this… “Battle” to.
This has nothing to do with King's great work - but perhaps he inspires others still.

Quote:
…Another thing—following your “dreams” isn’t always the best thing to do.
Look at the Cherokee!

~Spotty
Tail in position? - good. Yes injustice in the past says you should just let it happen over and over. Why fight the inevitable - unless you are not afraid to try for change.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:59 AM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 3

etain is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Look at the Cherokee!

~Spotty
Um, bad example to use. Fighting for your existence - your livelihood, your land is not the same thing as "following your dreams".
Old 04-11-2008, 02:13 AM
don't turn away__Xx

BestDana is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAnnO View Post
Oh, and BestDana, ah, if you don't care this much, why are you reading the threads and sticking around the forums? Just wondering....
Honestly, I really do love VMK. I'll gladly admit that it did help me through quite a few tough times, and I made some really good friends because of it. However, I don't think that all of this drama is needed. I'm reading this thread and sticking around the forum because, despite the fact that I'm not fighting to have VMK stay open, I am curious as to people's reactions to VMK's closing, the reasons some are waging this "war", what they're trying to do to keep VMK open, and what the consequences of said actions will be. I have to admit, I'm quite surprised as to how many people are so obsessed with the game though. I do have as much of a right to state my opinions as you all do yours, you know. I suppose we must agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyth
Tail in position? - good. Yes injustice in the past says you should just let it happen over and over. Why fight the inevitable - unless you are not afraid to try for change.
I know this wasn't addressed to me, but as I agree with Spot, I thought it might as well be.
Which tail are you talking about? Because I have several.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:25 AM
VMK's true DJ! :D Remix!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 

Tris-Remix is as Frosty as a Snowman
Oh so they didnt want to close vmk? Then why did they? More virtual worlds? Like what? Atleast they responded
Old 04-11-2008, 02:27 AM
I will never grow-up
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

autoalice is floating through Inner Space
Love form letters Got mine today as well.
"Keep moving forward" except for beating the cash cow that is the Princesses and pimping out Tinker Bell endlessly and milking Cars and Pirates for everything they're worth, making very few new movies and just dumping out sequel or prequels of the stuff they know can bring in the cash.
Disneyland park isn't something that brings them in money?
Sorry...I am so bitter about all of this. I apologize if this is a bit bad and rantish. Believe me, I've left out so much.