Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old The Russians Are Coming To EPCOT

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:39 AM
is singing :D
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Creative
DinoVan is covered with ConfettiDinoVan is covered with ConfettiDinoVan is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink's Fireworks View Post
This is probably only a rumor... but could you pm me the link to the site? There has been talk about both Russian and African pavillions for quite some time. I would really like to see a new pavillion come to the World Showcase... but the African seems the most likely... why? i don't know. It just seems like they were truly into planning Africa around the time EPCOT Center opened. (EPCOT Center being the original name of Epcot.) However, there's no saying they can't pull another Beastly Kingdom on us and we'll never get to see something they have truly worked on planning. But they really need to find a sponsor first. There is plenty of room in Epcot for a new pavillion. Well, let's hope for the best

P.S. The name of the attraction in Norway is Malestorm

~Tink
I dont think they will have an Africa because they already have like animal kingdom and arent they like similar? With like the safaris and stuff.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFireworkZach View Post
Personally, I would think that they should make an area in world showcase that more American's could relate to. An area where the people ancester's came from. I'm surprised that they don't have an Ireland pavilion, a Sweeden pavilion (a little similar to Norway, maybe they could have done the whole scandinavian region), Greece, or even a pavilion like Brazil, Argentina, or Australia (They haven't touched those countries). Really, World Showcase is dominated by 3 continents (Asia, N. America, and Europe) with 10 of the 11 countries being from there. I think the next one should be from a new continent.

Then again.. I would really like that Ireland pavilion, it would be nice with the real pin they seel too (The Irish Flag in a mickey ears shape).

- Zach
There is an Ireland pavilion.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

iImagine ’s Autopia has run out of gas
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
There is an Ireland pavilion.
It's hardly a pavillion.... but yeah there kind of is one.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 

Born In Park
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Then how can they add one, if their is already one?
Old 01-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

Quote:
Then how can they add one, if their is already one?
They can't - I was agreeing with you.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Oh, sorry. It would be really cool if they made countries you never hear about, you could learn alot from it.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

Quote:
Oh, sorry. It would be really cool if they made countries you never hear about, you could learn alot from it.
Like the ones on the AT&T billboards xD
Old 01-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Welcome to the Jungle...
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

TheFireworkZach is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Technically Ireland isn't considered a pavilion and I honestly didn't really see anything to resemble it when I went there unless it is in either the England area which it probably would be (it would make the most sense, please tell me where this unoffical pavilion is).

What I mean though is a full scale pavilion that would just be exclusivly for Ireland. Now I just went to EPCOT so I just must have flat out missed it, then again, I did spend a lot of my time in Future World at either Mission Space, Test Track, The Pin Trading Place (My favorite in-park trade stop), or the Madden/College Football video game place in Innoventions.

Please tell me where this "Ireland Pavilion" is.

- Zach
Old 01-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

Ahhh I don't really remember. I think it may be in England but it also may have been in closer to the middle of the WSC. All I remember is a dark little wooden-walled shop and my Dad wanting to buy an Ireland Mickey Logo pin.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Miracle from Molecules
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!
The "Ireland" pavilion is in between Canada and England, walking respectively between the counties, it would be on your right. Off Kilter plays on a wooden stage and if my memory serves correctly, there is a small cart that sells Disney-inspired Irish items.

The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982
Happy 25th, Epcot!
DisneysOnlineWorlds | Policies and Disclaimers | Current DOW Projects
FAQ | IRC Guide | mIRC Guide
Old 01-11-2008, 11:33 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Well, that hardly qualifies as a pavilion. They should do a whole Darby O'Gill and the Little People attraction!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
I was looking on google for a magic wand epcot picture for school and I found this picture and it said epcot Japan, so I clicked on it and found a link that has Japan pavillion unrealized concepts. they look really cool. Here are pictures.

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 01-12-2008 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: removed unallowed link, added images
Old 01-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Im Still Active! XD

Wondermanforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Are they planning to put this in the water/lake thing?

What is going to happen to illuminations?
I personally think making a russian place, would be a waste of money.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
acutually I heard that would most likely go in if they do put something in is india because india's economy is going up alot. If they do because they are spending one billion dollars right now fixing up disney land.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:07 AM
Welcome to the Jungle...
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

TheFireworkZach is spinning in a Cursed Storm
About the Ireland thing which I'm just going to keep on talking about because that is me, the stage I believe is apart of Canada although it would make sense to be more England (The rock band wearing the kilts) it is pretty much in the middle.

Really, they don't have a full pavilion for it or don't even really mention it. I think they should have a full pavilion with some sort of Irish restaruant or/and a pub. They should also have some sort of full fledged show that features the who culture of Ireland, maybe one of those Circlerama 360's like they have in China and Canada.

I don't think a shop counts as a pavilion.

- Zach

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 01-12-2008 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: removed non-g/filtered word