Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) > Wiki Archive

Old PrizBot

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:10 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
PrizBot

Some of you have noticed that there is a new contributor to the wiki - PrizBot. Right now, I'm experimenting with PrizBot and slowly teaching him how to take over some of the more mundane tasks that we have on DOW.

The first task it will be taking over is automating updates to the Newsletter section. It isn't quite there yet (it can do the pictures, but I'm still adding the text for now, and Up and I are still working out some of the formatting), but expect more and more updates from PrizBot in the near future.

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 03-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I don't really understand how this works. Is this PrizBot like able to post stuff automatically when the VMK website updates? Is there some kind of special code for him?

Check out my VMK memory that was featured in the VMK Newsletter right here.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
I don't understand either
Old 03-08-2008, 02:27 PM
☼☼☼Got Life???☼☼☼
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Shh
DonaldsWishes is spinning in a Cursed Storm
ye i dont get it either why cant we just normaly edit the wiki we ( and me ) do a good job all ready and can u explain this concept with better wording?
Old 03-08-2008, 11:03 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisSch View Post
I don't really understand how this works. Is this PrizBot like able to post stuff automatically when the VMK website updates? Is there some kind of special code for him?
Yes. What it will be doing is monitoring VMK Communicator for changes to the newsletter and posting those changes to the wiki.

There is a program that is running (hence the name "bot") that does the work. Or there will be - right now I'm still training it. (It does pictures ok so far.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishBoneWade View Post
ye i dont get it either why cant we just normaly edit the wiki we ( and me ) do a good job all ready and can u explain this concept with better wording?
Editors are still welcome to edit the wiki. Even to correct PrizBot if/when it makes mistakes. But its goal will be to take over some of the very mundane and routine work that can be automated and let editors work on other important parts. Right now, just a few people have been doing most of the work keeping up with the newsletter. This will give those people a little more time to work on other things that the wiki needs work with.

Power to the Players!
Old 03-09-2008, 12:02 AM
☼☼☼Got Life???☼☼☼
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Shh
DonaldsWishes is spinning in a Cursed Storm
ok i was thinking the PrizBot would take away all the work from me and others
Old 04-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: SaveVMK
StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
Could you have PrizBot look in the forum archives and upload all of the old newsletters? That is a "mundane" task that really needs to be done.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:59 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBP View Post
Could you have PrizBot look in the forum archives and upload all of the old newsletters? That is a "mundane" task that really needs to be done.
It is unlikely PrizBot will take on this task. The newsletter is (somewhat) regularly formatted and easy to locate. The posts in the archives are not.

Perhaps I'll consider it when all my other wiki projects are finished... like that will ever happen.

Power to the Players!
Old 04-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: SaveVMK
StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
How about having PrizBot do an info dump of all the posts in the entire archive forum with some lines or headers in between, then have some humans work with the info dump?