Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old "See ya real soon!"

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Rocking Out
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
LilPunkGirl ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Question "See ya real soon!"

Forgive me if this isn't the right section, but here we go.

The title includes the last line of VMK's farewell message. Many have thought about it, dwelled on it. And that's where I got to thinking: maybe they really do have something amazing up their sleeves. These are the options I'm considering:

1. They're referring to Pixie Hollow, or World of Cars.
2. Maybe it's referring to Club Penguin, Toon Town, Pirates, or any other Disney-owned virtual games that have been in operation a bit longer than those mentioned in possibility number one.
3. Or perhaps it's a message from those staff members who switched over to a "certain other game?"
4. This is by far the least unlikely: They're just working on VMK? I know it's far fetched, and I must admit I don't believe it, but it should still be mentioned.
5. This is the one that I immediately thought of: Maybe, just maybe, they're working on something new. Something big. It's the most exciting, in my mind. Maybe VWDW, or maybe something we don't expect. Hopefully something that isn't merely a promotion.

I know the last two are very unlikely.

But what do you think is the most likely possibility? Or do you have one that I failed to mention?

Discuss [:
Old 01-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Starbucks = LOVE!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Snow!
ParamoreGal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
They were reffering to other games. They had started the beta version of pixie hollow while vmk was still operating. It was bound to come, its just was hard for us to think about. Also there has been discussion of that vmk had to refresh its system and add more storage for items. But also I'd have a feeling if vmk had to refresh their system they'd tell the players of VMK. So I highly doubt that. But I for one feel that it wasn't a smart idea for disney to shut down vmk. They had so many loyal people on the site and seriously pixie hollow and pirates online just aren't fun. VMK had losts to do and gave us safe ways to interact with people in safe ways. It was a gateway to walt disney world without the crowds and pricey tickets.

Last edited by Jezzi; 01-01-2009 at 11:23 PM.. Reason: unallowed site
Old 01-02-2009, 01:54 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParamoreGal View Post
They were reffering to other games. They had started the beta version of pixie hollow while vmk was still operating. It was bound to come, its just was hard for us to think about. Also there has been discussion of that vmk had to refresh its system and add more storage for items. But also I'd have a feeling if vmk had to refresh their system they'd tell the players of VMK. So I highly doubt that. But I for one feel that it wasn't a smart idea for disney to shut down vmk. They had so many loyal people on the site and seriously pixie hollow and pirates online just aren't fun. VMK had losts to do and gave us safe ways to interact with people in safe ways. It was a gateway to walt disney world without the crowds and pricey tickets.
It could happen. Disney closes vmk to move to bigger servers and do other things to get things in line, we send letters and petitions to vmk complaining, Disney reopens vmk and say it's because 'they so how badly we wanted it back', Disney makes it pay to play. It's a good play if you think about it, if Disney just switched to pay to play about 50%+(a guess) of the players would have quit. It's not very likely, but it could happen.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPunkGirl View Post
Forgive me if this isn't the right section, but here we go.

The title includes the last line of VMK's farewell message. Many have thought about it, dwelled on it. And that's where I got to thinking: maybe they really do have something amazing up their sleeves. These are the options I'm considering:

1. They're referring to Pixie Hollow, or World of Cars.
2. Maybe it's referring to Club Penguin, Toon Town, Pirates, or any other Disney-owned virtual games that have been in operation a bit longer than those mentioned in possibility number one.
3. Or perhaps it's a message from those staff members who switched over to a "certain other game?"
4. This is by far the least unlikely: They're just working on VMK? I know it's far fetched, and I must admit I don't believe it, but it should still be mentioned.
5. This is the one that I immediately thought of: Maybe, just maybe, they're working on something new. Something big. It's the most exciting, in my mind. Maybe VWDW, or maybe something we don't expect. Hopefully something that isn't merely a promotion.

I know the last two are very unlikely.

But what do you think is the most likely possibility? Or do you have one that I failed to mention?

Discuss [:
I think it's a combo of 4 and 5. Let's just hope, and if we see any falling stars, wish on them; because "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you."
Old 01-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
I'm really getting tired of the craze over Disney's last line of "See ya real soon!"

It very simply foreshadowed online games to come. Disney was just saying this to try to calm down the VMK-mourners and push them on to another online game. Like cattle.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:16 AM
*Fly to Your Heart!*
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Dreaming
Laylie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Like the above post said, it is simply just to refer to the other games to come.

-Violona
Old 01-13-2009, 08:57 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I don't think it was for any of those reasons.

If you ask me, I believe it was just to lighten up the message. Seriously, how depressing would the ending message be if all it said was "Virtual Magic Kingdom has now officially closed its gates'? I think it was just to give hope and a little bit of relief. Besides, what better way to end a game than a quote from the mouse, himself?
Old 01-15-2009, 01:34 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

SkyRocket is as Frosty as a Snowman
I think VMK will reopen March 10.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:28 AM
hellokittysurf :)

hellokittysurf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Why March 10?
Old 01-15-2009, 03:29 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokittysurf View Post
Why March 10?
www.disney.com/23

^^^This link should tell you all you need to know.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:30 AM
hellokittysurf :)

hellokittysurf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ok thank you
Old 01-15-2009, 06:39 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRocket View Post
I think VMK will reopen March 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBP View Post
www.disney.com/23

^^^This link should tell you all you need to know.
All of these rumors are spreading false hope. You're intentionally getting people's hopes up when you have absolutely no evidence of Disney's "Are you 23?" campaign being related in any way to VMK.

Here are the facts:
John Lasseter from Pixar attended the Consumer Electronics Show to commend Sony for its Blu Ray technology. Pictoral evidence of this can be found here. While at the CES, Lasseter hinted at 3D film coming up in the future.

"Pinocchio: 70th Anniversary Platinum Edition" is going to be released to Blu-ray on March 10th.

Using these facts, one can predict that 22 other Disney films may be released to Blu-ray along with Pinocchio on March 10, 2009, making a total of 23 releases. This is my personal prediction based on fact.

EDIT: I am not the first person to make this prediction (I've seen it somewhere else). Just supplying evidence to back it up.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!

Last edited by SoccerRyan; 01-16-2009 at 12:57 AM..