Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion > VMK Ideas and Suggestions

VMK Ideas and Suggestions VMK Ideas and Suggestions - Discussions about your ideas for VMK

Old New Trading Interface

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: Exasperated
gpdot has disabled reputation
New Trading Interface

The newest of my ideas is to alter the trading interface to allow more to be seen, and more to be traded - including rooms!

With the current trade window you need to scroll too much, and since we can't do anything else while trading, why not take a cue from the Quest engine window and use more of the screen to do a better job at trading.

The trade window for all current items will have a quantity counter (as well as a possible quantity selection for trading). This way you will see a single item with a numerical representation for how many you have.

Last edited by gpdot; 12-31-2009 at 01:11 AM.. Reason: relinked images
Old 04-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Where dreams come true. ™

comic_dreams is spinning in a Cursed Storm
WOW.

These are absolutly amazing! How do you do it?

Rose <3, comic, yoyo, Inn.

Click Enter To Play!
Userpage.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:22 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Haha. I don't think it could possibly take longer than my usual trades!

Very nice design, as always!
Old 04-22-2007, 09:25 PM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
great idea.. specially the room trade option..
Old 04-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Marluxia. For the cool.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Sporkness
Centurey is as Frosty as a Snowman
Wow...

(PLEASE, help me with this Photoshop, i cant do anything with it!)
Old 04-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Great idea! The part about Neoteny made me laugh! lol
Old 04-22-2007, 11:02 PM
I am me, me is I

mari517 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
LOL Very nice, I love all of your VMK interfaces.

And very funny part about Neotony.

Mari
Old 04-22-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm Still ShadowScamp.

ShadowScamp ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
One set of those Space Pins, there mine
Oh my gosh, I really thought those were real until I read what you wrote.
Wow

Last edited by ShadowScamp; 04-22-2007 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: adding
Old 04-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

GoofyGeggy is floating through Inner Space
Nice ideas! Sadly for some, Yavn has already indicated through this forum that rooms can't be traded because of the way the game engine is designed. I would assume that this is the same reason we cannot trade quest kiosks. Would be fun if we could, though...
Old 04-23-2007, 03:58 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyGeggy View Post
Nice ideas! Sadly for some, Yavn has already indicated through this forum that rooms can't be traded because of the way the game engine is designed. I would assume that this is the same reason we cannot trade quest kiosks. Would be fun if we could, though...
If rooms can be sold (and they can), there's no logical reason why they can't be traded, too. Simply delete the room from one player's inventory the same way you would if the room were sold (only for zero credits), and add it to the other player's inventory the same way you would if the room were bought (again, for zero credits).
Old 04-23-2007, 04:07 PM
The One and Only Smoop!
Awards Showcase
Scavenger Hunt Participation's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Busy
Smoop has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundSmoop has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundSmoop has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I really like that quantity counter idea. VMK really needs it and it has been suggested many times already. Another idea that I saw on the forums awhile ago was a "bank idea." In the bank you could store extra furniture, pins, posters, clothes AND credits (storing credits would help some members no to spend so much). The bank can be located on Main St (just like in the real parks) and be a system much like the music mix maker. Most games now a days implement a banking system that INCLUDEDS a quantity counter (Runescape, Neopets, even Toontown with the jelly beans) all have counters. I know it would easily eliminate junk rooms and make finding things MUCH easier. Think about it. Somebody wants to trade you red generator. Do you still have it? Not sure? No worries with the new banking system! Just got to the bank and see if you have any stored there. Turns out you have 2, but you can always use another. See how fast and simple that was! Much better than going from room to room to look for items.
“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”
Old 04-23-2007, 04:09 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

I hate having to keep all my furniture in storage rooms. I'd much rather carry everything with me.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

GoofyGeggy is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post
If rooms can be sold (and they can), there's no logical reason why they can't be traded, too. Simply delete the room from one player's inventory the same way you would if the room were sold (only for zero credits), and add it to the other player's inventory the same way you would if the room were bought (again, for zero credits).
Well, considering that I'm not a game designer and have no clue how the game engine is set up, I can't say something is "simple" or not. All I can go on is what Yavn has indicated. Perhaps your solution is adequate, and perhaps it's not...
Old 04-23-2007, 04:12 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyGeggy View Post
Well, considering that I'm not a game designer and have no clue how the game engine is set up, I can't say something is "simple" or not. All I can go on is what Yavn has indicated. Perhaps your solution is adequate, and perhaps it's not...
That's valid. I was just pointing out that they have already coded methods of adding and deleting rooms, so it would appear that even if the actual room "object" cannot be transferred for some reason, they should be able to delete a room and add a new room of the same kind, thus accomplishing a "trade."
Old 04-23-2007, 04:15 PM
(-- Custom Avatar O_o

warner is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I like the "bank idea" a lot. But gpdot, this is just amazing how you do these things. You're making all the stuff that everybody wants! (Now if only VMK would add these to the game..)

-warner

P.S. You could use the number counter thing that you also made up for the rooms instead of showing like four of the same room.