Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old DCA Changed?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Summer 0'9 :)
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Hopeful
GoofyGal1213 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
DCA Changed?

I was at DLR recently, and me and my family were talking to a CM. He asked what we had done, and we said we went to DCA, and and came to Disneyland for dinner. So,then the CM said, that in a few years Disney is going to totally fix DCA. They want to push the California theme more and make it more like a 1920ish theme, like when Walt started it all. He said it is supose to be really nice. I wanted to ask him more, but we were on the train and it started to move sooo, of cousre i couldn't ask him more. I was wondering if anyone heard of this. It sounds really cool.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park
My Mood: Artistic
PMFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i Heard of this, they are trying to Disney-Ize DCA starting with Toy Story Midway Mania
Old 07-22-2008, 10:11 PM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Yeah, they're adding a new theme-ish part. Like how they have Paradise Pier ya know? Its gonna be called, "Through Walt's Eyes" or something like that.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm not obsessed...really

Ursweetbabygurl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Here are some of the major changes.

• The sun wheel will become a "mickey" wheel.
  • The orange stinger will be themed like toy story mania.
  • Golden dreams will be transformed into a little mermaid ride.
  • The lake area will become a fireworks show with a full seating area.
  • The entrance will be much like epcots entrance.
  • The titanium sun in the front of DCA as well as the entire entrance will be re-themed as a 1920's theme such as main street with trolly cars.
  • Muppet vision 3D may be demolished.
  • The hyperion theater may be gone as well.

Some of the changes i personally do not like but some of them i can learn to live with. i like the little mermaid ride idea, but im not to keen on the new entrance.
However, as long as they dont make DRASTIC changes to disneyland park itself, im alright.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Piano Man!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Where
groovysqirrel is floating through Inner Space
Disney executives have confirmed a 1 billion dollar (estimated) makeover of Disney's California Adventure. This includes adding many Disney/Pixar based rides such as the rumored "Carsland" with a "Test Track" type of attraction. The first major step in the makeover was the addition of the Toy Story Mania attraction.

There are many rumors circulating about them taking out the golden gate bridge, the California sign in front of the gates and many other changes.

Search any search engine for Imagineer blogs and such to find more.

Where have I been? I was marching a World Class Drum and Bugle Corps. I toured the country all summer. Pacific Crest 2010.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:57 PM
has Left the Building
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

DiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Yep! There were photos leaked... everything in that park is going to change (except most of the parades and rides) and more stuff is going to be added. For example, Ariel and Cars land.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Keep Moving Foward~WaltD.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Dancing
Purplemysterystar is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyGal1213 View Post
I was at DLR recently, and me and my family were talking to a CM. He asked what we had done, and we said we went to DCA, and and came to Disneyland for dinner. So,then the CM said, that in a few years Disney is going to totally fix DCA. They want to push the California theme more and make it more like a 1920ish theme, like when Walt started it all. He said it is supose to be really nice. I wanted to ask him more, but we were on the train and it started to move sooo, of cousre i couldn't ask him more. I was wondering if anyone heard of this. It sounds really cool.

I have heard about it sounds awesome!! I got in the mail. Can't wait for it to happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursweetbabygurl View Post
I am mad at some of those but some or OK.... like you said we will just have to deal with it.

Last edited by TopazR; 07-23-2008 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: merged consecutive posts/clipped long quote/adjusted font color/size
Old 07-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Random is my middle name

Goldnoel022 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursweetbabygurl View Post

• The sun wheel will become a "mickey" wheel.
  • The orange stinger will be themed like toy story mania.
  • Golden dreams will be transformed into a little mermaid ride.
  • The lake area will become a fireworks show with a full seating area.
  • The entrance will be much like epcots entrance.
  • The titanium sun in the front of DCA as well as the entire entrance will be re-themed as a 1920's theme such as main street with trolly cars.
  • Muppet vision 3D may be demolished.
  • The hyperion theater may be gone as well.

Some of the changes i personally do not like but some of them i can learn to live with. i like the little mermaid ride idea, but im not to keen on the new entrance.
However, as long as they dont make DRASTIC changes to disneyland park itself, im alright.

The Sun Wheel will be Mickey's Fun Wheel
They are redoing the Orange Stinger but no one knows what theme it will be
Golden dreams will be transformed into a little mermaid dark ride.
The lake area will become a fireworks show with a full seating area
The entrance will be much like epcots entrance.
The titanium sun in the front of DCA as well as the entire entrance will be re-themed as a 1920's downtown hollywood theme.
Muppet vision 3D will NOT be demolished. (They were considering putting the 3D show that is in WDW there, but they realized that to do that it would cost them more money to redo the theater than it would to just make a completely new one)
The hyperion theater will NOT leave (they are redoing it to make it more fancy so that they can have real awards ceremonies there. The outside part where you wait will become a lobby)
There will be a new land called Cars Land where they will be creating a ride like autopia but with the Cars characters and it will be the most expensive ride that any theme park has ever made.
The entrance will be pushed out to the CALIFORNIA letters (which will be removed)

Last edited by NaviMap; 07-26-2008 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: edited for outside link, comments
Old 10-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Disneyland is the Best!!!
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Artistic
BanannaSplitzer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
.[*]The entrance will be much like epcots entrance.

I Think You Mean the Entrance At Hollywood Studios At WDW
Old 10-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award 

Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!
I don't see why they would take down the Hyperion- it's already themed to fit Walt's past.

I've heard rumors that the Orange Stinger will be given a makeover to resemble that one classic Disney cartoon...I can't remember
the title of it but it's where they all play in a band. And while I think this would be a great change from the really bland theming of
the Stinger, I've gotta say that the placement of Mickey Mouse's head on the Sun Wheel is an absolutely dreadful idea. And the
name change is even worse....
:\

The Little Mermaid ride sounds great, though! If it's anything like the preview that was on the DVD, it's sure to be a hit.
(Or at least 50 times better than Superstar Limo, at any rate.)

Gallery Profile - Disney's Online Worlds Wiki - Userpage
Old 10-13-2008, 03:30 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: Curmudgeon
lemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyGal1213 View Post
They want to push the California theme more and make it more like a 1920ish theme, like when Walt started it all.
I really hope you mean that DLR was supposed to be a 1920's theme. If you mean more like when Walter started DLR, that's the 1950s :P. If you mean that was the theme of DCA, then Walt was dead by then xD.