Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old Fantasyland Expansion News

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:36 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Fantasyland Expansion News

Ok so as far as that Fantasyland Expansion is going - here's the news:

1). Most of Storybook Circus opened this past summer, which included both Dumbos and its indoor wait area, Casey Jr. Splash Station, and the train depot for the WDW Railroad. The Silly Side Show will open hopefully when the rest of Storybook Circus opens officially with everything else.

2). The soft opening for Beast's Castle which will hold the be Our Guest restuarant, Storytime with Belle, the Little Mermaid Adventure, and Gaston's Tavern will be Nov. 19. Their official opening date will be in Dec. (forgot which date lol xD).

3). The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster and the Princess meet & greet will open some time in 2013/2014.

There will be more updates to come with some pictures as well!

-Master Sorcerer Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 09-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
The new Storybook Circus area looks pretty good, although I really miss Mickey and Minnie's house, to be honest. Here's what I posted on my blog in July:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog
The lines for Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain were too long for us, so we continued through the empty Frontierland stores and to Haunted Mansion. From there, we saw Mickey’s Philharmagic and then the New Fantasyland area. Fences can be seen throughout Fantasyland, blocking the view of building work, but the new Storybook Circus area has opened featuring a couple of refurbished attractions. The area now has two Dumbo attractions which looks quite strange upon first glance – they seem smaller than before, but I don’t know if that’s actually the case or not. At the time, I commented on the fact that having two Dumbo rides makes it seem more like a theme park than an actual Fantasyland. I like how Disney is unlike places such as Alton Towers because you feel like you’re in a whole new world aside from the corporate, business-like atmosphere of traditional theme parks. Previously, the Dumbo attraction seemed to fit into the theming of the area, but now it seems like you’re walking into a separate theme park away from the normal atmosphere of Disney. Upon further consideration though, there’s a circus featured in the Dumbo film which is reflective of the whole Storybook Circus area, and therefore it’s quite appropriate to make it seem like a whole different area: complete with the circus tent and Casey Jr. Train. The train is a water area for children to cool off in, and Goofy’s Barnstormer has been redone. The whole area looks really good and hopefully it shouldn’t be much longer until the whole Fantasyland expansion is open for guests.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:59 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 

VIP
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Oh yes. Many people and friend I know are agreeing (and arguing) that Disney is just way too more business now.
Hmmmm....

-Stitchco

Last edited by Jezzi; 09-20-2012 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: non-g
Old 09-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 

VIP
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
Oh yes. Many people and friend I know are agreeing (and arguing) that Disney is just way too more business now.
Hmmmm....

Part of me agrees with that view, but on the other hand I think we need to look at the hard facts and talk business. Disney himself was an intelligent man, and whilst he is (quite rightly) portrayed as a magic-maker, he was also an incredible businessman. He knew exactly what he was doing and had the guts to try something new. He had the sheer perseverance to pull himself out of bankruptcy on more than one occasion - he understood his company, and he understood how to get the best deal. The point I'm trying to make is that Walt Disney said many of these things in the 1950s and 1960s. The question isn't "what would Walt do?" but rather "would he have been forced to keep up with the ever-changing nature of society to compliment his business-accumen?" - and strangely enough, I think he would. He would have been proud of the decisions taken by such a talented set of individuals in the Disney company, and I think a lot of recent decisions may well have been in contrast to his earliest speeches. Society has changed, and Disney, like all good businesses, must keep up with it. It's all about the context and time period.

Last edited by Jezzi; 09-20-2012 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: non-g
Old 09-20-2012, 07:09 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
He did not want you know what in the Magic Kingdom due to family values and aspects. *I'd don't know how to say it without mentioning too much of the you know what

Also Walt was not the financial person in the business. If anything he steered the company towards bankruptcy himself usually. it was his brother Roy Disney that took care of the finanical aspects of the company.

I'd prefer not to start citing and referencing at the moment, but I can if you would really like me to.

P.S. - Not trying to start a debate here; just saying what I know as facts after doing probably more like too much research on Walt and the Disney company xD lol.
-Stitchco
Old 09-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase

VIP
Sure, all of which I'm sure was applicable when he said the quote back in the 1950s; I didn't like green beans when I was younger, but now I'm perfectly fine with them sat next to my chicken and potatoes. We all like to think that the world of Disney is one huge bubble of family and magic (and in many aspects it is). The point still remains, however, that society is changing around this bubble and the company cannot afford to ignore it. Disney is a business, and they'd be left behind and lose out to their competitors if they didn't let go of the past.

I saw your post in the email notification, don't worry, haha.

Last edited by Jezzi; 09-20-2012 at 11:00 PM.. Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:42 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
lol Understood.

And I agree with you. All I'm saying is Walt probably for the most part for today even (regardless of the era) would not have wanted the you know what in Magic Kingdom. He may be alright with it in the other parks but I doubt in Magic Kingdom. That's all I'm saying. he had certain points and traditions that still run and work today.

-Stitchco

Last edited by Jezzi; 09-20-2012 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:08 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I'm so excited to visit New Fantasyland in 2013! I am really looking forward to see what they have done.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:05 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
If you're a passholder or a D23 member, previews will begin this November in the beginning of the month!

-Stitchco