Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old What exactly is this is Pirates of The Caribbean Online?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:25 AM
-The original- Green.i
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Reading
flaxygirl is floating through Inner Space
What exactly is this is Pirates of The Caribbean Online?

What exactly is this is Pirates of The Caribbean Online? I need a new online game to play (after vmk closes) Is it like vmk at all? I like games where you can talk to people and buy, sell and trade items. Is pirates at all like that? Maybe someone could like post a summary of the game or why you like it so much and if you even like it…
Thanks
Old 04-25-2008, 01:34 AM
Retired
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Disney
StitchRokcs is as Frosty as a Snowman
glad you asked

POTCO is a pretty fun game however you have to pay there is a free version but you can only level up so far until you cant go any further which means it will only take u a week to a month to beat the game if u pay the $10 a month or the $80 a year you can get you pirates noto up to 40 and weapons up to 25 and finish quests get dagger voodoo doll grenades and staff and other goodies

you can chat and you can make friends you can also make a guild (have to be a member) or join a guild. a guild is basically a group of people who work together and help each other on quests or leveling pretty much a family

as far as buying is concerned you can buy upgrade ships (members) jewlry (member) clothes (member) tattos (member) hair cuts (member) and other minor stuff liek bullets and cannons and daggers

i personally like the game i have been playing for 6 months now the game if you work hard at it is fairly easy umm since it is a newer game not much has been released but major expansions are on there way one is supposed to come out this summer

for lots of information click Here which is another one of nick's boards the Pirates Online Forum like vmkf only less active for now (less members) and more strategic talk

also on the boards i am Chris if u want to drop me a Pm im on alot over there and its great to see more vmk'ers coming over to POF
Old 04-25-2008, 01:36 AM
I visit rarely.

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Lurking
ChrisR has disabled reputation
Are ship battles anything like the ones in vmk?
or something else?
Old 04-25-2008, 02:19 AM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Sad
BelieveNTheMagic is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
Are ship battles anything like the ones in vmk?
or something else?
If your captain of the ship, then yes it's sort of like the ones in VMK. You can shoot with the broadside and portsides. If your part of the crew, you work the cannons and have different ammo to shoot at the other ships.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:57 AM
-The original- Green.i
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Reading
flaxygirl is floating through Inner Space
Sounds a bit conusing, but i think if i try it i can figure it out

Oh and if anyone has another favorite site feel free to post it
Old 04-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Where Dreams Come True :)
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: RockOn
Gorams is as Frosty as a Snowman
There isn't any mini-games really besides poker, blackjack, and sailing (not really a mini game) To have the full experience of the game, you might want to become a member. If you are uncomfterable about giving credit card information online, you can buy game cards at your local Target store. When you first start you get to make your character the way you want, but you can't change it after that unless you are a member. It is a ltitle bit like toontown, the characters run the same way ( weird... O_o ), and the loading screens look strangley familiar. You can have pirate vrs. pirate matches (pvp) with other players, and you will become an undead skeleton (temporarily). If you get sunk you have to pay for full repairs. You will end up in a jail if you "die". The sailing is a lot more complex than the pirates game in vmk. for more information go to www.piratesonline.com and click the information buttons and FAQ button
Old 04-26-2008, 12:42 AM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure
Its just a pirate version of ToonTown.