Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old WDW News

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:57 AM
what'cha doin? hibernatin
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

acethunder51 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
im gonna miss space mountain for that year.. but it had better be worth that time.. knowing disney it will be worth 3-4.. ( yes i am new to the forum)
Old 08-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
I heard StormStruck (New Innoventions attraction) might be doing Soft Openings next week.

For those of you who don't know what Storm Struck is... it is a Hurricane Simulator Show/Ride. Disney's version of Twister at universal.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyman View Post
I heard StormStruck (New Innoventions attraction) might be doing Soft Openings next week.

For those of you who don't know what Storm Struck is... it is a Hurricane Simulator Show/Ride. Disney's version of Twister at universal.
Really?! How unbelievably lucky, I am going to WDW sometime during the beginning of august.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:32 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I don't think the Floridians will be taking StormStruck to kindly...
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 08-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Storm Struck would be ironic. Especially if you choose to ride it during one of the 3 showers per day.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 08-05-2008, 07:11 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Time for another round of updates...

- The Hall of Presidents is going down for refurbishment January 1st, though it may go down before that. It will remain under refurbishment until after February. One would assume it would be to add new president (*crosses fingers*JohnMcCainJohnMcCainJohnMcCainJohnMcCain) but there may be a little more than just that.

- DisneyQuest tickets just went up to $40. Park ticket prices are now at $74 for adults.

- About that Fantasyland rumor I posted a little while ago, here are some other highlights: A Beauty in the Beast dark ride, possibly the Little Mermaid ride from DCA, and a Pixie Hollow area. There may be a Tinkerbell meet and greet going up over at the former Skyway station (stroller parking).

- Though it hasn't been around for a couple years, one of the parks may be host to a press event that unveils new projects for said Resort. One of the parades is being cancelled at the Magic Kingdom for a night, so one may hope. (I apologize for the vagueness, this is coming from memory.)
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 08-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Where Dreams Come True :)
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: RockOn
Gorams is as Frosty as a Snowman
Great round! Did the park prices go down or up? I didn't really look when I went in June.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Check out my Userpage!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Stitch-ish
nateyboyisweet is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorams View Post
Great round! Did the park prices go down or up? I didn't really look when I went in June.
Up $3! It was $71. Disney is just ripping you off!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
We were really upset when we heard park tickets went up, we finished our plans the night before they went up and were going to buy them the day they went up... I'm going in a couple of days !
Old 12-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Magic Kingdom tour guide
Awards Showcase
Which Disney Character Participant's Award Halloween '09 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Disney
Epcotfans is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzietropics View Post
Time for another round of updates...

- The Hall of Presidents is going down for refurbishment January 1st, though it may go down before that. It will remain under refurbishment until after February. One would assume it would be to add new president (*crosses fingers*JohnMcCainJohnMcCainJohnMcCainJohnMcCain) but there may be a little more than just that.

- DisneyQuest tickets just went up to $40. Park ticket prices are now at $74 for adults.

- About that Fantasyland rumor I posted a little while ago, here are some other highlights: A Beauty in the Beast dark ride, possibly the Little Mermaid ride from DCA, and a Pixie Hollow area. There may be a Tinkerbell meet and greet going up over at the former Skyway station (stroller parking).

- Though it hasn't been around for a couple years, one of the parks may be host to a press event that unveils new projects for said Resort. One of the parades is being cancelled at the Magic Kingdom for a night, so one may hope. (I apologize for the vagueness, this is coming from memory.)
sorry to bump this thread but to make a correction to a the hall of presidents update it's started in nov. and will be back in july 2009 the the pixie hollow meet and greet is in the hall of fame with the princess
Old 12-03-2008, 01:30 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This is truly historic. The first African-American president theme park attraction.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 12-09-2008, 12:55 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
My own Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
1. They are currently building "the tower" next to contemperary for vacation club.
2. A couple of weeks ago a baby elephant was brought by the stork to animal kingdom.
3. a new dinosaur restaraunt similar to rainforest cafe was built in downtown disney not too long ago.
hmm.. I need to start listening to my dad's podcasts somemore to find more news out.
Allow me to help in some ways for some updates since I go to WDW quite often:

1). the dinosaur restaurant in downtown disney is call T-Rex Cafe, which is similar to rainforest cafe, but is dino-themed, has volcanic eruptions, and intereactive computer games to play with, plus their own Buid-A-Dino area (like Build-A-Bear)

2). In 2009 sometime, the Dreams Come True parade will be replaced by the Parade of Dreams appearently.

3). a new version of Illuminations should be coming soon this year.

Aloha for now!

-Stitch
Old 12-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Marluxia. For the cool.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Sporkness
Centurey is as Frosty as a Snowman
So THATS what they are building at the Contemperary.

I hope what they do to space mountain is good. My parents aren't taking me to disney anymore =(

Old 12-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Here are is a pic of the tower when it was under construction:

For some odd reason I can't find one of it finished, it's finished I got a Disney Vacation Club thing through the mail about it.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:48 PM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Thank you for posting this! I will have to try out the Google Earth program soon. I have never been to Walt Disney World, so this will give me an idea of what it really looks like!

HappiestPlaceOnEarth