Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Films

Disney Films Once upon a time, before the evil Shareholders came along and ruined everything, Disney made movies like THIS...>>*<<

Old Beverly Hills Chiuaua Thoughts

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: Curmudgeon
lemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChinMusic View Post
I probably wont see it haha

but on opening weekend it earned like $21 million I think...
And about 90% of those guys were like "Money back plz "
Old 10-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChinMusic View Post
I probably wont see it haha

but on opening weekend it earned like $21 million I think...
$29.3 million to be exact.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Miss.Justina
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

girlyjustina is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I actually thought it was really cute.
I would give it a 8/10.
(:
Old 10-09-2008, 02:27 PM
la la la :)
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Smilie Winners Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Musical
GreenBabe has disabled reputation
It was a fantastic movie!!

The best movie yet!(:

10/10
Old 10-09-2008, 06:29 PM
.:{ ♥ Understanding ♥ }:.

My Mood: Disney
PrincessKairi12 has disabled reputation
I'd love to see the movie =] I think it looks cute. I think it's ignorant of people not to see it because it seems 'childish' or because 'omg, dude, it has talking and dancing dogs.. lame' Have you seen any other Disney movies? What was Lady and the Tramp? Personally, I do want to see it. I'm up for anything Disney ;D!

[♥] Beautiful Tragedy [♥]
Old 10-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonysnicket3 View Post
And about 90% of those guys were like "Money back plz "
Keep in mind that you haven't actually watched the movie yet. I, too, had very low expectations for the movie after seeing the trailer. (I'm not sure if there's more than one, the only I saw was the one where they're around the pyramids singing and dancing.) But the really strange thing is, there are absolutely NO musical numbers of any sort like what you see in the trailer. Yes, they play the song in the movie during a similar scene, but there's no visibly singing characters, and certainly no dancing. The trailer is misleading in other ways, too, mainly since it focuses entirely on Papi, who is really just a secondary character in the film.

One of my biggest concerns was this was going to be centered on Chloe's luxurious lifestyle. But surprisingly, very little of the movie actually takes place in Beverly hills. There's about 10 minutes or so of the glitz and shocking wealth I had been dreading, but I was happy to find that the majority of the movie takes place in Mexico City. The acting and dialogue was also better than expected, too. Yes, it was cheesey in quite a few places, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd thought it would be.

So, maybe it was just the fact that I had low expectations to start with, but all in all I actually liked this movie. I'd say go for it...at the very least you can use the ticket stubs for DMR points.

Gallery Profile - Disney's Online Worlds Wiki - Userpage
Old 10-16-2008, 12:29 AM
I have no idea..... again

Blooregard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfieldo View Post
Keep in mind that you haven't actually watched the movie yet. I, too, had very low expectations for the movie after seeing the trailer. (I'm not sure if there's more than one, the only I saw was the one where they're around the pyramids singing and dancing.) But the really strange thing is, there are absolutely NO musical numbers of any sort like what you see in the trailer. Yes, they play the song in the movie during a similar scene, but there's no visibly singing characters, and certainly no dancing. The trailer is misleading in other ways, too, mainly since it focuses entirely on Papi, who is really just a secondary character in the film.

One of my biggest concerns was this was going to be centered on Chloe's luxurious lifestyle. But surprisingly, very little of the movie actually takes place in Beverly hills. There's about 10 minutes or so of the glitz and shocking wealth I had been dreading, but I was happy to find that the majority of the movie takes place in Mexico City. The acting and dialogue was also better than expected, too. Yes, it was cheesey in quite a few places, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd thought it would be.

So, maybe it was just the fact that I had low expectations to start with, but all in all I actually liked this movie. I'd say go for it...at the very least you can use the ticket stubs for DMR points.
Thanks for the heads up. If it's different from the trailer, I'm happy. The trailer is just plain creepy!
Old 10-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKairi12 View Post
I'd love to see the movie =] I think it looks cute. I think it's ignorant of people not to see it because it seems 'childish' or because 'omg, dude, it has talking and dancing dogs.. lame' Have you seen any other Disney movies? What was Lady and the Tramp? Personally, I do want to see it. I'm up for anything Disney ;D!
For the record Lady and the Tramp wasn't one of the best Disney movies(it's one of the wort in my opinion), so if it's like Lady and the Tramp I don't think I will see it in theaters atleast. I am sure when it comes out on dvd I will watch it.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:19 PM
VMK member for 3 years
Awards Showcase
Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

vmkstar99 is Buried in Treasurevmkstar99 is Buried in Treasure
OK, so this movie was made for kids.
And kids only.
So if you're a teenager, then don't put a kid's movie up to that standard of extraordinary movies!

I actually thought it was REALLY good. You will definately laugh a lot!
Old 10-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Rawr!
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Nerdy
PurpleAmy is floating through Inner Space
I actually did kinda like it, I thought it was cute.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:34 PM
SICKS TEA PHOAR!!

VIP
HelloPanda has disabled reputation
I haven't see it. But, I would love too ^w^~

I'm a big dog person. lol
Old 10-25-2008, 10:38 PM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Baffled
KEBSD is as Frosty as a Snowman
Hey everyone- just to let you know, this movie has absolutely nothing to do with the commercial where they all sing. They never sing or dance in the movie.
Anyways, it was a cute movie and was obviously aimed for younger kids, so no, it wasn't AMAZING. If you don't ever want to see it in your life, you should rethink that and rent it on DVD... it's not worth seeing in the theatres, though.
I give it a 6.5 out of 10

~Key