Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support > Fixed

Fixed Computer Technical Support archive

Old Mac Vs. Vista?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:12 AM
GHIII

My Mood: Doleful
ZortheraCrathTheAliens is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Because, unless you get Vista business/pro, there are a lot of issues, most of which i see explained.
Macs stink, period. Good for school networks and such, but not home use. Macs are oversimplified.
Access telnet from a mac.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:33 AM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

PaperClip is floating through Inner Space
Macs are overrated, in my opinion. Both operating systems are great, but what you choose might not be exactly what you want.

Macs are generally for video, photography, and publications. (Yes, you can do that on Windows. Find Final Cut for Windows, or Aperture. Good luck!).

Windows computers are generally the universal standard though. Even though they might "Get more viruses" and what not; there are more sold though.

I'm going to say the same thing that I always do: There is NO Best Operating System. What's best for me, might not be the best for you. Personally, I choose Windows Vista. I hated Vista at first, but have now come to like it. It's the operating system that suits me best. Yes, I might be a photographer... Just because of that doesn't mean I have to have a Mac. Personally, I like Windows Photo Gallery. Not as much as Aperture, but it gets the job done to my satisfaction.

-PC.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:37 AM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park
My Mood: Artistic
PMFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I Don't Know, I Have XP but I Have used both Vista and The Mac, I Like both, I Like Windows Vista because... It's so colorful.. that's all i can say, I Also Like Macs because most have build in Cameras and Microphones, I Don't know the best one..
Old 12-21-2008, 12:08 AM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

PaperClip is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMFan View Post
I Don't Know, I Have XP but I Have used both Vista and The Mac, I Like both, I Like Windows Vista because... It's so colorful.. that's all i can say, I Also Like Macs because most have build in Cameras and Microphones, I Don't know the best one..
Windows Vista is a memory-hog, in my opinion. But, if you know how to scale some of the options down, you'll be just fine. (Or just get more RAM).

Like I said, the "best one" might not be the best for someone else. It all depends on what you use your computer for, and how.

-PC.