Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old VMK Just A... Advertisment...?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Registered+

TinkTaylor is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I Got 10 I REPEAT 10 Packages Of CODES At Disney And They Were Sold With Disney Limited Pins And I Dont CARE What Anyone Says I Bought It And Nobody Can Say " You Didnt Buy Them " WHEN Obviosly I Did. Unless You Were With Me HOW WOULD YOU KNOW!?!?!?!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Come to the Lazy Mermaid!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Jacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkTaylor View Post
I Got 10 I REPEAT 10 Packages Of CODES At Disney And They Were Sold With Disney Limited Pins And I Dont CARE What Anyone Says I Bought It And Nobody Can Say " You Didnt Buy Them " WHEN Obviosly I Did. Unless You Were With Me HOW WOULD YOU KNOW!?!?!?!
Ok, you bought pins sets, not codes. The codes were a free bonus for buying the pin sets. I bought them as well. But you are paying for the pins, and the pins alone. Again, VMK never sold codes.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Registered+

Ariel_111 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I get that VMK is/ was an advertisement that has always been obvious. But I don't see why the advertisement should end it has been a very good promo for them. They don't really have anything to gain by ending except making angry fans / players. I'm very upset about the whole thing I too spent money on things just for codes.
I can't stand to see all the time & money I've spent VMK go to waste they should have told us from the beginning that it was so temporary.
I started a petition to keep VMK open but unfortunatly they won't let me post the link here it's not from an "approved site" & I don't know what site would be an "approved site" to link from.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Futre

irule13116 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Vmk kinda did sell there codes u would have to pay to enter parks and get the codes
Old 04-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Come to the Lazy Mermaid!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Jacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with Confetti
No, you are paying to enter the Park. I hope you didn't go in just for the codes. They have rides in there too!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Registered+

TinkTaylor is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thank You Irule13116! They Did Do That Also And You Could Buy Them In Packs
Old 04-12-2008, 02:52 AM
Keep VMK Alive!!!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
HaveAMagicalDay is spinning in a Cursed Storm
To help my good friend Jacques:

For the pins that gave pirate quest stuff: Usual regular old pins at WDW or DLR cost (at least) $6.95 (without tax), VMK Pins that gave the pirate quest were about $15.00 (kind of including tax there, it's rounding), they contain 2 pins.

2 pins at about $7 each = about $14 (without tax).

You did NOT buy the codes or cards, you bought the pins, with a bonus, the card, with a code that contains pixels.

I've been to both WDW and DLR, and never have they sold the card with a code by itself, it was either given for free (by doing a tour, quest, or handed out).

If you came to WDW or DLR for just the cards, you just payed Disney money (and Disney isn't always cheap lol), for a virtual item, and a card you could put a cover over, and have it look nice. These cards aren't worth much, and I doubt they ever will. When I go to the parks, I go for the fun of the park, not for the virtual stuff.

Hope that helps you Jacques, and all of you who think that you bought the cards and pins.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:05 AM
Welcome to the Jungle...
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

TheFireworkZach is spinning in a Cursed Storm
They are all right about the codes just being an add-on, pins are usually worth more then $7 (per pin) and they are definitly going to be one of the items that really are going to gain value after VMK goes away because they will probably never be released again. I think I might just buy a pack of these just for the pins themselves because as a pin collector, value is always good although I am not sure if I would really want to so idk.

- Zach
Old 04-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Today:A day of the year
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Amuzed
hikoik is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It took you that long to figure it out?
Old 04-12-2008, 11:48 PM
A Marker that is Orange

Orangemarker is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I am grateful that I quit VMK a while ago, and I really am truly sorry for all you guys that are sad.

I figured this day would come, but I didn't know it would be in a month!
Old 04-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Marty Mcfly Rulez :D
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Curious
Disney Master 500 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
well try adding this up guys:

Disney + vmk closing + bad publicity + plus angered fans/players + disappointed parents + loss of money + betraying Walt Disney + lies + advertising violent games + advertising pay to play games = (your answer here)