Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > In-Park Quests

In-Park Quests Discussion about official In-Park Quests - Closed Till Quests are added back to Parks!

Old Any Way to still make in Park Avatars?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Registered+

kinami0782 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Any Way to still make in Park Avatars?

Sorry all if i have this in the wrong forum or if it's already posted but I wasn't sure where to put it lol.
We're going to the WDW early next year and I was just wondering if at the moment there is still a kiosk or anything anywhere in Disney World to still Make and In park avatar, i know VMK Central is closed but I had heard that you could still use the kiosks to make an avatar at DLR and I also heard a rumor that maybe there was somewhere in EPCOT, i'd assume Innoventions maybe? where you can still make a character.
Thanks for the help if anybody knows lol.:xmikec:
Old 12-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
There are kiosks at Disneyland where you can make a VMK character in park. I think they're somewhere in Tomorrowland, don't know exactly.

As for WDW, there are no kiosks there at the moment.

Check out my VMK memory that was featured in the VMK Newsletter right here.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Raining on the parade

Rainy_days has disabled reputation
In Disneyland, I believe they are in Innovations. I have never actually done it, but I know that there are computer in there and they had VMK advertizing of some sort on them.

I've never been to WDW so I have no idea.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
VMK Central at Walt Disney World is now the Art of Disney Store, and has therefore had a total new makeover, with nothing to do with VMK at all.
As for Disneyland, well they're in Tomorrowland, in Innoventions. As of October you had to walk up the exit of Innoventions, which took you to the upper level. Follow the path round, and you should see some arcade-type cabinets, with the VMK computers in. Here you can make a new in-park character where when created you get the black ears, green turnstile, born in park badge, a new pin, and also some rooms! If you go into innventions and up to the top floor, ask a CM if you can't find it. They'll point you in the right direction. Good luck, and have fun!

Old 12-06-2007, 02:55 AM
VMK name is Rocknraider
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

rocknraider is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMad View Post
VMK Central at Walt Disney World is now the Art of Disney Store, and has therefore had a total new makeover, with nothing to do with VMK at all.
As for Disneyland, well they're in Tomorrowland, in Innoventions. As of October you had to walk up the exit of Innoventions, which took you to the upper level. Follow the path round, and you should see some arcade-type cabinets, with the VMK computers in. Here you can make a new in-park character where when created you get the black ears, green turnstile, born in park badge, a new pin, and also some rooms! If you go into innventions and up to the top floor, ask a CM if you can't find it. They'll point you in the right direction. Good luck, and have fun!

Wow that's cool
It looks like there are three accounts open without people using them
Couldn't somebody come up and steal their stuff?
Old 12-06-2007, 08:03 AM
RIP 12/2006 - 5/21/08

My Mood: Lurking
Ocean_Dude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:

Nice! I never got to go to VMK Central.
But those cabinets are nice!
Old 12-07-2007, 02:49 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy_days View Post
In Disneyland, I believe they are in Innovations. I have never actually done it, but I know that there are computer in there and they had VMK advertizing of some sort on them.

I've never been to WDW so I have no idea.
I was at Disneyland 2 weeks ago and yes they are located in Innovations (big building in the back of Tomorrowland).
The consoles are the same as pictured and while we were there we ran into a dream squad member that gave us 2 tinkerbell pins - One for us and the other to pass along to make someone else's dream come true. I do not know the kid we passed it on to but, she was equally surprised and happy with it!
Old 12-07-2007, 02:54 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
So do they still have the old VMK computers that were themed and stuff, and those rooms that had the laptops to play VMK on? or no?
Old 12-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
All they had left was a few of the free standing video game cabinet types like in the pictures above.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknraider View Post
Wow that's cool
It looks like there are three accounts open without people using them
Couldn't somebody come up and steal their stuff?
Umm.. there was me, my mom and my Dad. We were all stood just out of the picture... I don't think anyone would be able to trade over some items before we attacked them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination View Post
So do they still have the old VMK computers that were themed and stuff, and those rooms that had the laptops to play VMK on? or no?
When I was there, the whole bottom of Innoventions was closed off, and I did not see the cactus area, or the cave.

Thanks for the update mrmyth.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Devilish
Extras is as Frosty as a Snowman
Well that would explain the HUGE friends list in one of the cabinets
Old 12-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Design an Outfit Participation's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Golden Years Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
TiggerDude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
When I was there, the whole bottom of Innoventions was closed off, and I did not see the cactus area, or the cave.

Thanks for the update mrmyth.
There was a cave area? I only saw the Cactus one.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Registered+

SaucyT is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Disneyland only have consoles upstairs in innovations as the entire bottom is still closed. And all the nemo cards are gone for the middle of the sub

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 12-16-2007 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: removed trip date information
Old 12-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Trader

goofy_bout_mickey is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I was at WDW the last week that VMK Central was open. I have heard that people were still going to be able to create in park characters in the arcade located beside Space Mountain. I hope this helps and if you do find it, you might want to update all of us! Have a great trip!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:35 AM
Oh the Cleverness of You!

Born In Park
My Mood: AFK
hulamoongirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yep, and don't get any crazy ideas about actually trying to play at one of those game machines. The tracking balls are not very easy to use and even though you are in Disneyland, it must be dial-up service, because it is really slow...