Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Boycotting Disney?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:45 AM
♥ DREAMER ♥

Annaso is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Boycotting Disney?

Has anyone actually considered this? I mean, obviously these e-mails and letters aren't making a difference-- all we get is automated responses. If there's one thing I've learned with VMK, it's that sometimes, you can win a fight by just letting it die out. Maybe we should just stop with these letters and just not have anything to do with Disney. They will lose customers, and even if they close VMK before they realize it, I think a lesson will be learned: do NOT mess with Virtual Magic Kingdom.

Just a thought.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:50 AM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Chululli is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well..Its a nice thought, but it would be pretty improbable...only about 25% of the people who play vmk go to WDW DLR or Disneyland total..so what about the other 75%? We cant really get them to..
Basically..i guess you could say Disney can afford to lose 25%, butthen again, losing that and vmk is losing their precious cash.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:23 AM
Secrets of the VMK member

SavvysFriend is spinning in a Cursed Storm
There are worse things Disney has done. VMK is only a small percentage of things Disney has done wrong.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:40 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Kit is spinning in a Cursed Storm
FYI my family was thinking about going to WDW with friends again this summer. It hurt to do it, but I pushed to NOT go and now we're not. I went last summer just before VMK Central closed inside WDW park. I'm still mad that the Toontown demonstrator lady in Innoventions had never played the actual game. @_@
*sigh*
-Kit
Old 04-25-2008, 03:43 AM
Secrets of the VMK member

SavvysFriend is spinning in a Cursed Storm
^ You would NOT go to WDW just because of VMK's closing?
Old 04-25-2008, 03:51 AM
tiedyegirl 2007-2008
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

tiedyenaj is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i will still go to wdw this summer i helped my family save up to go so we are going
Old 04-25-2008, 03:54 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
This is not the American Revolution.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:55 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I'm not sure about boycotting. If we had some way to focus the damage speciffically on the guilty party (I.E.: Disney's online division), then I'd be all for it. However, boycotting Disney as a whole is just causing a lot of collateral damage to parties that have nothing to do with this.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:07 AM
Welcome to the Jungle...
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

TheFireworkZach is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chululli View Post
Well..Its a nice thought, but it would be pretty improbable...only about 25% of the people who play vmk go to WDW DLR or Disneyland total..so what about the other 75%? We cant really get them to..
Basically..i guess you could say Disney can afford to lose 25%, butthen again, losing that and vmk is losing their precious cash.
If 25% of Disneyland's visitors played VMK, then VMK would still be open right now and it's servers would be over-flowing. I bet maybe 0.01% or maybe even something crazy like 1% of Disneyland visitors play VMK.

That would never work, Disney is too big and a loss of a few thousand people on a yearly basis would mean practicly nothing to them. It is an interesting idea and would possibly work if VMK actually had a larger community but VMK is way too small.

- Zach
Old 04-25-2008, 04:22 AM
•Dancing through life•
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Regal
Kitri has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
This is not the American Revolution.
No, you're right it's not. But it is The VMK Revolution!

We should have a fantasyland tea party and throw all of the little virtual items on the clouds and onto the pirateship bellow.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:01 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1 VIP
madamecat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
May not make a difference to Disney but it will make my wallet much happier by not going to WDW this week for Spring Break. Also cancelled My POTC game subscription and will not be renewing my Toontown either.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Kit is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Nope, I'd rather go to Six Flags. And I'll try and make sure we don't buy any more Dinsey DVDs for a while.
-Kit
Old 04-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Registered+

RoyalBusyElement is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Nice tought!!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 

Accountant has disabled reputation
FOr much of the 1990's an entire religion was suppose to boycotting Disney becauuse they are a third party to a business that is, well less than DIsney lol for lack of better words. The boycott made news but really did not impact much else in Disney bottom line. Thats an entire religion of millions and millions of people. I hate to tell you but a boycot from a handfull (in comparrison) of people will only make you get less disney.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 

My Mood: Devilish
Wyndale is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Angry My 2 Cents

This whole closing business is very frustrating for all of us (you don't mind me speaking for you, do you, wink-wink)!

But I have to say that I have always been a Disney fan, grew up on it, dreamt it, planned it, and now had the experience to live it. This has been the best of times, and just what the Disney experience is all about. I have made some very nice friends, and had great fun. And like so many Disney vacations, I hate to see it come to the end.

I will not push to have my family go to Disney this year. I guess I'm just too mad about this whole situtation. I don't know all the facts as to why it's closing, but I do know that it seems cold and calulated. Yes it was nice to leave it open so long, but that, in and of it's self, is not a good enough explanation to close it down.

Disney is not longer run by Uncle Walt, but whoever is sharing in the proffits of the money made by Disney, Inc, they will not get another cent of my family's money this year, not if I have any say in the matter.